14

AN: I'm going to be honest, I have no idea how to write CPR. If this story was real life, Sasuke would've been dead or at least brain dead. However, since this is Wattpad, let's pretend it's realistic.

Blood was dribbling out of the wound at an alarming speed, the Uzumaki's vision clouding with tears as he carried the dead weight on his back. Thankfully, he had escaped the Anbu for the time being but there was no saying they'd catch up soon if they don't find a place to hide. Plus, Sasuke was turning paler by the second. The only thing that kept the blonde sprinting was the dangerously slow thumps of a heartbeat against his back.

Gulping, Naruto ducked down into a nearby cave which sheltered them from an incoming onslaught of torrential rain. Tonight was going to be difficult, if they even make it through that is.

With tear stained cheeks, the Uzumaki slowly laid the limp body down on the cold stone flooring of the cavern. It was difficult to see in the dim light, however it was possible to barely make out the figure of the male spread out on the floor. Leaning over, Naruto placed his index and middle finger onto the Uchiha's neck and desperately searched for a pulse. As the seconds grew on, the blonde placed his head against the other's chest and listened intently for a heartbeat, however his search was yet still futile.

Swallowing back his tears, he trailed his dull azure eyes across the dead body of Sasuke. However, they still held a single spark of hope as he pulled up the raven's shirt and crossed his two hands directly above the Uchiha's heart. He intertwined his left hand fingers into his right as he began to push up and down in a rhythmic motion. Naruto knew the chances of bringing someone back with CPR was very low, but he tried to not let this plague his thoughts. Halting in his ministrations, he leant over the lifeless body and pushed his lip's against the other's, holding the Uchiha's nose so air wouldn't escape.

Pulling back, he shook his head in worry as he realised this could go on for hours. The Uzumaki had no one to call for help and knew if he didn't hurry up the Anbu would find them eventually. In a last resort, he pulled Sasuke's heavy weight onto his back once more and dragged himself over to a cold stream located inside the damp cave. Swallowing back his nerves, he pushed Sasuke's body inside, holding his head above water. The water was almost below freezing, frothing as it corroded against the sides of the cave. Instantly, the raven's nerves wracked at the sudden intrusion as the ice cold temperatures kick started his heart.

Summoning the rest of his body strength, he dragged the limp body out of the water. Tendrils of liquid dripped off Sasuke's drenched clothing, not going unnoticed by the blonde as the Uzumaki dipped his head down and leaned it against his chest once more. To his relief, the raven's upper abdomen rose and fell once more.

Fuck, now he's going to die of hyperthermia and blood loss. Now was no time to celebrate as he swiftly stripped the Uchiha of all wet clothing, a blush escaping across his tanned features as he tried to ignore the nakedness of the male beside him. Naruto had the decency to leave the raven's boxers on, but he was still half nude and since the undergarments were drenched, they made a very snug fit around the other's member.

He's packing...

Ignore that thought for the time being, Naruto.

Bringing his hands together in a sign, he summoned a shadow clone with a puff of smoke and ordered it to gather things you'd need to start a fire. As the version of himself ran off as he was told, the real Naruto turned Sasuke over into the recovery position. Now that he was nude, the wound was easily accessible. The blonde flinched at the deepness of the cut, before instantly getting to work with disinfecting the wound and sowing it back together with medical stitching. Maybe Sakura's advice wasn't as useless after all.