2

It has been a few days since the massacre of the Uchiha, but despite this the hole in Naruto's heart has still not yet healed.

Aegean eyes started blankly at the ivory popcorn ceiling, the golden sparkle they used to hold, lost. It didn't help that Danzo had been made the Hokage either in replacement for The Third. Sighing, the blonde remembered he has a mission tomorrow with Sakura and Sai to deliver some scroll to the Land of Fire. Sai just happened to be a replacement for Sasuke.

Sasuke..the name that has been tormenting his mind for the past four days.

Just at the thought of him, his nose had a sensation of burning and his teal eyes glazed over with liquid. He didn't bother holding back his tears as they slowly seeped down his tanned cheeks. Sasuke had been his only friend, everyone else looked at him differently and whispered when he walks past.

Letting go of his thoughts, he relaxed his delicate frame into the alabaster sheets, his soft marigold duvet wrapped around him for comfort as he slowly gave into slumber.

Porpoise steel walls towered over a lean bridge that looked to be made up of cedar wood but over time had became a monstrous umber brown, held up by a structure of hickory coloured pillars. Light from outside shone down into the hideout, illuminating the steel walls but unsuccessful in reaching the bridge, being submerged in an indigo darkness.

A wrinkled man with a bandage over his right eye and a chiffon white robe wrapped around him, tied together with a raisin coloured sash, walked down the cedar bridge while clutching a thin walking stick made of wood stained a hard maple colour. On the other side of the bridge stood an even older man. His long hair was a sickly grey and looked to be on the verge of death however his ancient facial features held great wisdom. Maple wood tapped against the worn cedar bridge as the men stood face-to-face.

No words were exchanged when the figure in the white robe raised a bandaged hand to the elder's forehead. Power drained, the bandaged man fell to the floor, two masked figures carrying him away. Now alone on the bridge, fossil hair was replaced with obsidian locks trailing down the once elderly's spine. Power practically glowed off his new lean posture, he didn't even have half of his old strength back but that didn't stop the air in proximity of him to hold it's breath. Suffocating all around him in malicious intent, he used his seemingly endless amount of chakra to run up the porpoise walls, an ill smirk stretched across his face as he reached the surface that he hadn't seen in decades.

Naruto woke up by his irritating alarm, feeling seemingly peaceful until everything came mentally crashing down as he remembered his life and the difficulties that it came with. Cursing under his breath, he wiped the remaining sleep from his exhausted eyes and got ready for his mission that day.

Taffy shoulder length hair blew gently in the afternoon breeze next to the large minty green gates of Konoha, beside her a male with short mocha brown hair and a combat shirt showing his pasty midriff. Emerald eyes shone in the bright beams of light as she crossed her arms irritably.

"He's late again." She rolled her bright eyes in annoyance.

"We'll leave without him." Turning away, the raven started walking the opposite direction of the great gates, the pinkette quickly following behind him like an annoying lost puppy. However, just as they started their journey, they heard the familiar tone of voice from behind them.

"Wait for me!" A tanned hand waved out to them but despite the blonde's efforts, the two didn't bat an eye towards him. Not discouraged however, Naruto rushed to their sides.

"What's the mission again?" Chuckling nervously, he walked beside them, his tanned hands placed behind his head.

"Deliver a scroll to the land of fire." The ebony male stuffed his pale hands in his deep pockets, an irritated expression decorating his normally emotionless face.

After walking for three or so hours, the pinkette and raven decided they wanted to rest for the night not wanting to walk in the dark. Naruto was exhausted, wanting to have stopped an hour back but much to his dismay the other two ignored him. It's not like he was surprised however, he was treated like a stranger in the Hidden Leaf ever since he could remember. Sasuke was all he had...

Sasuke..

Irritated with his own thoughts, he shook his head, trying to forget him. He murdered his clan after all, that's unforgivable.

But why did he do it?

He was perfectly fine the evening before..

The blonde's eyebrows knitted together in confusion at the thought, but after over thinking it, he knew he was just trying to make excuses for him. Sasuke is now the enemy.

"You'll be sleeping over there, Naruto." Startling the whiskered boy, Sakura pointed to a minuscule ebony tent by a far oak, made up from Sai's ink drawing. The blonde looked to the side and noticed Sai and Sakura were sharing a tent, Sakura had been hitting on Sai ever since he left the village. Fucking slag.

Snapping small twigs between his tanned fingers in boredom, Naruto watched the lake shimmer in the illuminating moon light. It was silent, only his slow breathing and the trickling of water heard. He had taken a walk away from the campsite since he had no intention of going to sleep - he felt wide awake despite being exhausted only an hour earlier.

Blinking, he noticed a flint pebble that had been smoothed by the corrosive current of the lake over time. He let a small smile spread across his rosy lips as he bent over to pick it up, carefully throwing it over the glassy surface of the lake - watching as it rippled on impact as the pebble skipped across. Breaking the blonde from his daze, a hand clutched unexpectedly over his mouth.

Caught off guard, Naruto struggled in his captor's grip, making desperate incoherent sounds muffled by the pale hand clasped firmly over his mouth. "Relax." Their voice voice deep and calming, sounding very familiar. Gripping my torso, he dragged me to a more secluded part of the woods where the light from the moon shone in an indigo light through the thick canopy of pine leaves. His skin was a pale ivory colour that contrasted beautifully against his sable black eyes, soft onyx locks drifting down the side of his sharply sculpted face. Slowly, he took his hand off his tanned face.

"Sasuke?!"

"Be quiet you're going to get us caught! Please listen to me."

"You disgust me." Naruto's eyebrows knitted together in anger as he struggled under the elder's grip but no avail. Sasuke rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Meet me by the old training ground with the three pillars. Alone. Do not get caught going there."

"Why?"

"I will explain to you what actually happened the night of the massacre."

And just as quick as he was there, he was gone, leaving Naruto to stand dumbfounded in the indigo lighting.