10

A relieved smile lightly rested upon the Uzumaki's lips as the voice echoed through the bars that kept the raven confined.

Looking up, Kakuzu lifted his gaze to the padlock that secured the prisoner, "We need to get this done quickly."

None of the members that stood before the cellar had a jutsu that could efficiently break the lock. Well, they had Deidara but it wouldn't exactly be the most quiet choice. However, it was their only option.

"Deidara, blow the lock." Pain's monotone voice rung around the room, a shocked silence following suit. The fiery blonde smirked and stepped forward, moulding a batch of clay in his palm at the order. Smugly, he placed his middle and forefinger in front of his face in a hand sign, but as he was about to declare the jutsu, Naruto reached up and grabbed the other's cloak-covered arm.

"Hold on, we'd all die in the explosion." Naruto spoke, removing his grip from the teen's arm. Closing his glaucous eyes, he weaved a combination of signs before a protective coquelicot chakra formed over the occupants of the cellar. Finally, he nodded his consent towards the older blonde.

"Katsu!"

The dull piece of clay quickly alit into an array of colours, the yellows and oranges being so bright that they momentarily appeared chiffon. A destructive shockwave was produced as the ball of oxygen erupted, a deafening bang ringing in the air as multiple chemicals reacted to create a deadly explosion. As a mixture of smoke and dust polluted the air, the members rushed to cover their mouths at an attempt to stop the intruding gases.

The dust cloud gradually faded, revealing the former members. Broad daylight shone into the newly carved clearing, the organisation wearily getting to their feet. Thankfully to the protective chakra, all former occupants were unharmed. However, they did quite definitely announce their arrival to any others that had been in the hideout beforehand.

Beside the group, Sasuke's plaster mask and chains were still contact, the only difference now that they weren't connected to a wall. The raven could move his hands freely, but was still significantly weighed down by the heavy rings that secured his bruised wrists. He still couldn't stand due to the offending metal that connected his ankles, and his vision was still blocked. Grunting, the Uchiha dug his nails into the parchment-coloured plaster, welts of blood forming under his fingertips at the friction as the mask crumbled indigently to the floor.

"Tsk." The raven all too soon blinked open his eyes, quickly shutting them again as he wasn't prepared for the offending sunlight that obscured his sensitive vision. Rubbing his eyelids with the back of his hand, he wearily opened his eyes once more and squinted at his new surroundings.

Large chunks of rock littered the crater they were currently sat in, all previous passageways and walls in a twenty ft radius being blown to mere fragments. An irritating ring rung through his ears as he placed a palm onto the dusty concrete behind himself, lifting his upper body into a sitting position. Now that the mask was removed, he could freely use his Amaterasu that he was given from his older brother during the clan massacre.

The pattern of the Mangekyou Sharingan spun, releasing an onyx flame that alit the chains which imprisoned his ankles. The shade of the fire matched the original darkness of the Uchiha's irises as the metal confinement's burst to fragments.

"Shit.." Sasuke mumbled as he shakily got to his feet, walking over to join his blonde..and the Akatsuki?

Naruto's face lit up into a bright smile, but was unexpectedly cut short of his greetings as a kunai shot past his whiskered cheeks, missing the smooth flesh by inches. Looking up into the direction it swung from, the Uzumaki readied himself into a fighting stance.