Chapter 17 - Morning Hijinks

Frisk wakes up, and grumbles a bit while rubbing her eyes. She looks around, noticing this isn't where she normally sleeps. It takes her a few moments to realize she's sleeping in Sans' bed, in Sans' room, with Sans laying next to her. She covers her mouth before she makes a sound, and quickly gets out of the bed and shuffles out of the room, closing the door behind her.

C: *Frisk! There you are!

Frisk gasps in fear, turning to see a worried Chara. She nearly yells at her.

F: *Don't do that!! You scared the-

C: *Where have you been, Frisk?? Paps and I have been looking for you for almost an hour now!

F: *Oh...
*Um... if I tell you, please promise you won't freak out?

C: *Ok...?

Frisk points to the door to Sans' room, and Chara immediately almost squeals in nerdy delight, but Frisk harshly looks at her before she can do so.

C: *Did you and Sans-

F: *WE SLEPT IN THE SAME BED, NOTHING MORE.

C: *Ok, ok! I'm just curious!~
*I never thought you'd get the courage to even try something like that~

F: *Hey, I can do romantic things too!

C: *Sure you can, but I-
*...

F: *What?

Frisk feels someone poking her shoulder, and she looks behind her to find Papyrus staring at her. She sighs.

F: *What is it, Papyrus?
*If you want to say something, just say it.

Papyrus, rather than looking like he's about to tear Frisk limb from limb, looks at her with bewilderment. He looks away for a second, and starts laughing. He starts hysterically laughing!

F: *W-What's so funny?!

P: *ehehe, nyeheheheheee, hoooo, i haven't laughed like that in at least two weeks!
*you-you really slept with sans??

F: *WE SLEPT IN THE SAME BED, THAT'S ALL!!

P: *ahahahaha!
*ohhhhh, frisk... you have no idea how long this is going to be funny for me~

F: *Listen, you-

S: *HELLO, EVERYONE!

Sans has waken up, and is standing outside his bedroom door.

S: *IS THIS A SURPRISE PARTY FOR ME?
*OR PERHAPS AN AMBUSH?!
*I WARN YOU, EVEN RIGHT AFTER WAKING UP, I'M FORMIDABLE!!

While Sans gets into a fighting position, Frisk groans and walks off while Papyrus laughs.

P: *have a good night last night, bro?

S: *EVERY NIGHT IS A GOOD NIGHT FOR THE MAGNIFICENT SANS!!
*NOW, WHERE HAS FRISK GONE? CHARA AND I HAVE TO DISCUSS SOMETHING WITH HER!

C: *Huh?
*Oh, right!

Chara and Sans hurry downstairs, to find Frisk already dressed for the day and with her head down on the kitchen table. Sans walks up to her, and puts his skeletal hand on her head, playing a bit with her hair. She grumbles in response.

F: *Whoever has their hand in my hair, if you aren't Sans, I'm going to cut your hand off.

She looks up, confirms that it is Sans, and puts her head back down while he messes with her hair.

S: *SO, BELOVED, CHARA AND I HAVE A QUESTION TO ASK YOU!!
*WOULD YOU LIKE T-

P: *hey, hey frisk, i have a question~
*does sans snore?

Frisk gets up from the table, and angrily looks at Papyrus.

F: *No, he does not!
*A-As if I would care about such a thing!!

Papyrus starts laughing again, and Frisk walks over to him to scorn him for making fun of her. Sans rubs his skull, and Chara walks up next to him.

C: *Did you ask her?

S: *I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO.
*PAPYRUS SEEMS TO BE TEASING FRISK ABOUT SOMETHING, BUT WHAT IS IT THAT'S MAKING HER SO GRUMPY??

C: *You mean you don't know??

S: *KNOW WHAT??

C: *Sans, you two slept together!

Sans has a bewildered look in his eyesockets for a moment, giving Chara the idea that he's about to tell her that he didn't know and that he's super embarrassed, but instead:

S: *I KNOW THAT, BUT WHY IS IT MAKING FRISK SO ANGRY?
*DID... DID SHE NOT WISH TO DO THAT?

C: *I-I-

While Chara tries to come up with an answer to that question, Sans runs over to Frisk and Papyrus, with the most innocent look on his face.

S: *FRISK!!
*DID YOU NOT WISH TO SHARE MY BED?
*I-I COULD HAVE SLEPT ON THE COUCH, OR ON THE FLOOR, IF YOU DIDN'T WANT TO-

Papyrus bursts out in hysterical laughter, and Frisk looks at Sans with the reddest blush the surface has ever seen. She inhales, and lets out a heavy exhale.

F: *Sans... I DID wish to... do that...

Frisk can barely manage the words through Papyrus' laughter. He's making it hard for her to have a genuine moment with Sans.

S: *BUT THEN WHY DOES IT UPSET YOU?

F: *It doesn't upset me, your bonehead brother does!!

Papyrus doesn't stop laughing, but gets up to meet his brother's stern gaze.

S: *PAPYRUS, I ORDER YOU TO CEASE YOUR HARASSMENT OF FRISK!

Papyrus forces himself to stop laughing for a few seconds.

P: *you got it, bro.
*you... pfff...

The few seconds is all he can manage before laughing again. Frisk balls her hands into fists, but Chara gently grasps her arms, and she relaxes them.

S: *HOW ABOUT I MAKE US ALL BREAKFAST, SO WE CAN DISCUSS OVER THE TABLE?

They all agree, even Papyrus, who's still trying to contain his giggling. Sans prepares pancakes for breakfast, and serves them to everyone, including a bottle of honey for Papyrus, apple juice for Chara, and lemonade for Frisk, as he knows what his sweetheart likes. As they all sit down at the table, Sans looks around, seeing everyone's happy faces, and smiling wide, knowing he's getting better at cooking. (At least, things that aren't tacos.)

S: *SO, MY SWEET FRISK, CHARA, PAPYRUS, AND I HAVE DISCUSSED SOMETHING, AND WISH TO SHARE THE IDEA WITH YOU!
*WOULD ANYONE ELSE LIKE TO TELL HER?

Papyrus shakes his head as he further tries to contain his laughing fit, and Chara looks at Sans and smiles, motioning him to say it.

S: *ALRIGHT, I SHALL DO IT, THEN!
*FRISK, WE'VE HAD SUCH WONDERFUL TIMES TOGETHER RECENTLY, AND WE'VE HAD AN IDEA THAT COULD BE A NEW EXPERIENCE FOR ALL OF US!

F: *Alright, I'm listening.

S: *YOU, CHARA, PAPYRUS, AND I SHOULD GO ON A DOUBLE DATE NIGHT!!

Frisk hears this, and spits out the mouthful of lemonade she had.

This is a shorter chapter, I know, but this was made to show that after getting my life much more sorted and getting further into my college education, I'm back and this story isn't over!
- Diamond