Chapter 16 - Some Quality Alone Time

Sans and Frisk are still passed out on the couch in each other's arms, snoozing away, while Papyrus and Chara stand over them.

P: *well, if that's all settled, i think i'll turn in for the night too.
*you wanna do what they're doin', flower?

C: *Yes~

Papyrus and Chara walk up to their bedroom, and close the door behind them. Another hour passes, and Frisk begins to move a bit in her sleep. Her arms start shifting and her fists start clenching. Evidently, she's stuck in a nightmare.

FRISK'S NIGHTMARE
She's in the Judgement Wing with Sans, she's finally got him all to herself. He wears the hoodie of his dead brother, and tears freely fall from his eyesockets.

S: *I-I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY... I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD KNOW WHAT TO SAY! BUT... I JUST CAN'T THINK STRAIGHT.
*FRISK, I THOUGHT WHAT WE HAD WAS SPECIAL. I THOUGHT YOU FELL IN LOVE WITH ME...

F: *And I did!~
*Now we're all alone... the whole underground is now just for us~
*Isn't that wonderful?~

S: *NO!!!
*ALPHYS, UNDYNE, NAPSTABOT, ASGORE... PAPYRUS...
*ALL OF THEM, GONE! THEY'RE ALL GONE, AND FOR WHAT?!
*I THOUGHT THEY WERE YOUR FRIENDS!

F: *They are my f-

S: *THEN WHY ARE THEY DEAD?!?!
*...
*FRISK. WHAT YOU'VE DONE IS UNFORGIVABLE. BUT YOU CAN STILL SAVE US ALL!
*PAPYRUS ONCE TOLD ME THAT YOU HAVE A POWER THAT CAN SET THIS WORLD BACK TO BEFORE THIS ALL HAPPENED.
*SO PLEASE... I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE.

F: *Oh, Sans, you're not alone, you have me!~
*Isn't that much better than anyone else to be alone with?~

S: *...
*QUEEN TORIEL WAS RIGHT... YOU CAN'T BE HELPED IN THIS STATE...
*HEHE... ISN'T IT FUNNY?...
*I SPENT SO MUCH TIME HIDING MY FEELINGS FOR YOU, UNTIL YOU TOLD ME ABOUT YOURS... AND BECAUSE OF THOSE FEELINGS...
*EVERYONE IS GONE.

Sans summons a bone, and holds it with both hands.

S: *EVEN NOW, I STILL CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO KILL YOU. EVEN AFTER WHAT YOU'VE DONE, I STILL LOVE YOU.
*BUT I WON'T LET YOU HURT THE QUEEN.
*SO, IF I WON'T KILL YOU, BUT MUST HALT YOU...
*THEN SO BE IT.

**BATTLE INITIATE.**

Sans looks at Frisk with empty eyes, until his left eyesocket flares up in green.

S: *FRISK, THIS MAY HURT. PLEASE TELL ME IF I'M BEING TOO ROUGH...

*I'm the only one who deserves him. Why can't he see that?

The battle immediately gets intense, but more from Frisk's end than Sans'. Frisk damages the bone he's wielding multiple times, while Sans sends waves of bone attacks towards her. At some points, she will get to about 8/96 HP, to where Sans makes his attacks purposefully do easily dodgeable patterns, as he isn't willing to kill her.
Eventually, the bone he's holding breaks, and before Sans can even think of what to do next, Frisk is in front of him, with her knife ready to strike. She grabs him by Papyrus' hoodie, and pulls him closer.

F: *IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU...
*N O  O N E  C A N .

Those were the last words she heard herself say before she saw the horrifying scene of her stabbing Sans, straight through his chest. He coughed up blood, blood even spilled from his mouth and eyesockets. The sight of Sans being brutally killed was enough to wake Frisk up from her nightmare, and make her scream and scramble.

F: *AAAAAAH! AAAAAAAAH!

Her scrambling and sitting up made Sans, who she was holding and cuddling, fall on the floor and bonk his head straight onto the carpet. He rubs his poor skull and opens his eyesockets.