Chapter 12 - A Magnificent Acceptance

Asgore stares at Sans and his performance for a second, and then starts laughing like he's heard the best joke in eons. 

S: *MWEH?! WHAT'S SO FUNNY?!
*I DID NOT TELL A JOKE, DID I?
*OH NO, DID I MAKE A BAD PUN?! 

AS: *Goodness, no, Sans! 
*That entrance just took me by surprise!
*I haven't laughed so hard since Papyrus told that joke about pastabilities…

S: *OH, THAT ONE AGAIN?!
*HE IS SUCH A NUMBSKULL! 
*....WAIT. 

Asgore and Frisk start laughing while Sans blushes and stamps his foot down in embarrassment. 

S: *NOOOO! I DID NOT COME HERE FOR COMEDIC RELIEF! I CAME HERE TO INTRODUCE MYSELF!! 
*ARGH, I'M SUCH A BONEHEAD… 
*WAIT!!

Asgore and Frisk laugh even harder, but before Sans gets pouty and walks out, Frisk takes hold of his hand and pulls him back. 

F: *Sans, d-dear, it's ok! 
*Laughing is not a bad thing! 
*If anything, that entrance was b-better than I hoped it would be, hehe! 

S: *WELL… IF FRISK SAYS IT WAS GOOD, I SUPPOSE I CANNOT OPPOSE. 
*BUT, YOUR MAJESTY-

AS: *Please, Sans. Call me Asgore. 

S: *R-RIGHT, ASGORE… 
*YOU AREN'T OPPOSED TO OUR LOVE OR ANYTHING, ARE YOU? 
*I KNOW I MADE THOSE AWFUL SKELETON PUNS WHEN I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SERIOUS…
*BUT I PROMISE YOU, I KNOW BETTER JOKES THAN THOSE! 

AS: *Sans, you have no need to prove yourself as compatible to Frisk for me. 
*Your brother has talked so much about you ever since I started talking to him behind the Ruined City door, he has told me how "cool" and "awesome" you are so many times! 
*I've known of your feelings for Frisk before even Papyrus did. 
*You've talked so much about her, especially at our recent tea party.

Sans blushes, but Frisk just smiles wider. She loves to know that her boyfriend does truly love her. 

AS: *I know not what Toriel will think. Knowing her, she won't be as accepting of it as I am…
*But Sans, know that you have my full support and blessings to your relationship with Frisk. 
*Please, shake my hand. I want to get to know you more, "Sans the Magnificent".

Sans blushes and smiles like crazy at the fact that someone finally called him "Sans the Magnificent". He quickly puts his hand in Asgore's, and they shake on it. 

S: *THANK YOU SO MUCH, YOUR MAJE- ASGORE! I SWEAR THAT YOUR SUPPORT WILL NOT GO TO WASTE! 

AS: *Though, Sans… I have a question to ask you.

S: *YES, ASGORE?

AS: *When are my grandkids coming?~ 

Sans and Frisk both freeze and then start frantically moving around, more embarrassed than ever. They're both blushing redder than a tomato.

F: *DAD, WHY?! DAD WE JUST STARTED DATING, WHY WOULD WE EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT YET AUGGHHH!! 
*DAD YOU'RE SO GROSS, WHY DO YOU DO THESE THINGS TO MEEEE?! 

S: *MWEH… THE MAGNIFICENT SANS HAS NOT THOUGHT OF SUCH THINGS YET!! 
*I DO NOT KNOW THE ANSWER, WE JUST STARTED DATING, WHY MUST I BE THINKING OF SUCH THINGS SO EARLY, MWEHHHHH… 

AS: *Frisk, Sans, please! It was only a joke! Do not be so embarrassed, hahaha!

Frisk lightly hits Asgore and Sans still has steam erupting from his very eyesockets.

F: That was not funny, Dad! You're the worst! 

AS: *Come now, sweet child. You are in love with Sans of all people, surely you can take some humor~ 

F: *Hmph! 

After calming down, Sans sits back down with Frisk, while Asgore gets the last of his chuckles out. He then has his trademark smile back on, and says this: 

AS: *I have no doubt that you and Frisk will have a wonderful time in each other's arms. Now, if you are leaving soon, please take this bottle of Golden Flower Tea. As a gift from dear ol' Asgore! 

Frisk takes the bottle, and puts it in her pocket.

F: *Thanks, Dad… and thank you for accepting us. 

AS: *You two make me proud, Frisk. Now please, go inform Toriel of the news. 
*If she becomes too much to handle, please inform me. I will be over to help as soon as I can.

F: *I'm sure she won't be that bad. Thanks, Dad! 

Sans then runs up to Asgore and shakes his hand profusely yet again.

S: *YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY, ASGORE!
*I AM AN EXPERT NEGOTIATOR, AND HAVE TALKED WITH THE QUEEN BEFORE!
*EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE! 

AS: *I hope you are right, dear Sans… 

Asgore waves to them as Frisk and Sans exit his house, and start running towards Toriel's house. He then looks down, and starts getting anxious. How will Toriel take this news…?