Chapter 0 - Above Ground (Prologue)

The monsters have been on the surface for a while now. After Chara stopped Monster Kid from erasing the timeline, she helped all the monsters get back to the surface. With the help of Nurse Undyne and Napstabot, she was able to give artificial SOULs to Frisk and Monster Kid, and reunited them with Queen Toriel and Asgore, making their family happy once more. Chara currently lives in a monster village with Papyrus and Sans, the two skeleton brothers she met during her travels. Frisk also lives with Chara, Sans, and Papyrus, due to her nervousness around other monsters. Papyrus hates that she lives with them, because he has certain… unpleasant memories involving her and a scythe. Sans, however, is ecstatic that his cru- I MEAN HIS VERY GOOD FRIEND- is living with him!

Papyrus and Chara started dating some time in the underground, and have been together ever since. Since she and Papyrus share a bed, Sans often asks if Frisk can share his bed, much to Papyrus' disapproval.

The reason Papyrus and Frisk are at odds is because Papyrus is one of the only few monsters who can remember other timelines. He remembers clearly that in the timeline before the current one, Frisk took over Chara's body and committed genocide. She killed everyone, including Papyrus himself. Frisk has long since apologized to him, Chara, and even Temmie for that, but only Chara forgave her. Temmie loves to torment her for it, and Papyrus plain hates her for it. Frisk even apologized to all the other monsters for what she did, and they didn't even know what she was talking about. Asgore and Toriel, however, understood what she meant, and readily forgave her for it. DETERMINATION is one heck of a thing, and Frisk had no idea how to control it. Of course, no matter how much she tells Papyrus that, he still turns the other cheek.

Monster Kid is her best friend, and he often tries to cheer her up, having experience with killing others himself. Temmie tends to stick close to Monster Kid, seeing as most other monsters don't know what she is or who she was, and she knows Monster Kid won't hurt her.

Undyne and Alphys live together as well, getting together long before anyone else. Asgore and Toriel do not share a house, but live close together. Asgore agreed to this arrangement for the sake of Monster Kid and Asriel. Napstabot still does killer DJ performances, helped with the lyrical genius of Mettablook, and the good scheduling of Business (Ruins) Dummy and the energy of Mad Dummy. W.D Gaster has also aided in the effort of reviving Monster Kid and Frisk, and was able to bring back the Riverwoman, and lives with his wife in a house near Sans and Papyrus', seeing as they are their parents.  

Now, with all the preliminary info out of the way, let's get to the story!