Chapter 2 - Anger and Hatred

Frisk and Papyrus are now alone in the house, and as Papyrus is getting up to lock himself in his room, Frisk lightly grabs his shoulder.

F: *Papyrus, please. You know we have to talk.

P: *yeah, doesn't mean i'm going to.

F: *Papyrus, why do you think your brother specifically took Chara and not me to Asgore's party? Because he wants us to work this out!

P: *what is there to work out. you killed me, i'm not your friend. end of story.

F: *Please, Papyrus! Give me a chance!
*How about this. We'll go sit in the living room, and talk to each other civilly.

P: *oh god, fine…

Frisk and Papyrus go to the living room. Papyrus sits on the floor, away from Frisk. Frisk does the same, as to give Papyrus his space.

F: *Ok, Papyrus. I want you to tell me, in-depth, the reason you won't forgive me. Every other monster forgave me for what I did, so why can't you?

P: *simple, they don't remember it, i do.
*do you know what it's like to wake up in fear every day that your brother's scarf will be in a dust pile outside?
*do you know what it's like to be forced to live with a murderer?
*do you know what it is to be cut across the neck and die in front of someone your brother thinks is "ok"?
*well? do you?

F: *No, I don't. But I do know that this sort of hatred kills people. And, as much as you don't accept it, I don't want you to be hurt.

P: *yeah, you just want me to be dead.
*kid, i'm not gonna be buddy-buddy with you just because you said "please".
*it's gonna take a lot more than tha-

F: *WELL WHAT WILL IT TAKE?!
*I LIVE IN YOUR HOUSE AND HAVE TO WAKE UP EVERY DAY ON THIS FILTHY COUCH HOPING I DON'T HAVE A BONE JABBED IN MY STOMACH!
*YOU MAKE EVERY DAY FOR ME MISERABLE ON PURPOSE WHEN I JUST WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND!
*YOU PEOPLE BROUGHT ME BACK FROM THE DEAD! I DIDN'T ASK TO BE ALIVE AGAIN!!
*WHY DID YOU BRING ME BACK IF YOU JUST WANT TO MAKE ME DIE AGAIN?!

Frisk had stopped yelling to start crying and sobbing. She wailed and held her hands over her face, trying to hide her emotions from a bewildered Papyrus.

F: *Papyrus, j-just…
*Do me a favor and kill me again, ok?
*Don't bring me back this time…
*At least then you'll be happy… like everyone else…
*Don't make me wait for the day you kill me...
*J u s t   l e t  m e   d i e . . .

Papyrus took the cigarette out of his mouth and stared at it for a bit. Frisk continued crying, and Papyrus was silent in thought. After a few minutes, he put his cigarette back in his mouth, and looked up.

P: *kid, dry it up, please…
*you don't need to cry.

F: *Please don't console me… just end it…
*I'll never be able to be what you or Sans want me to be… I'm just disgusting…

P: *...
*what sans wants you to be…?

F: *He wants me to be your friend… he wants me to be everyone's friend, and that includes you… I'll always be a disappointment to you both…
*P-Please… I can't l-live like this!

P: *...

Papyrus takes time to blow a puff of smoke out, and put a new cigarette in his mouth. He contemplates something for another few minutes.