Chapter 5 - Frisk Opens Up

Frisk and Papyrus have had many conversations ever since becoming friends. But Frisk does have one last thing she must talk about for Papyrus to fully trust her.

F: *Papyrus, there is something I must be honest with you about.
*But before I do, promise me that you won't… be too mad with me.

P: *um, ok? shoot, kid.

Frisk inhales, and-
F: *I have a crush on Sans.
*Like, a big crush.

Papyrus spits out his honey, and loses his composure for a second.

P: *WAIT, WHAT?!

F: *Well, you and Chara are together and I've been loveless for years and your brother is the cutest thing alive and-

P: *OK OK, HOLD ON, HOLD ON-
*kid, kid… you have a crush on SANS??

F: *Yes! I'm sorry, please don't be mad!
*If you want, I can-

P: *frisk, frisk.
*calm down, frisk.
*look.
*i kind of knew this was coming.

F: *You did?

P: *sans is not the hardest person to read.
*he looks at you a lot, with those heart eyes of his.
*i've known for a while he thinks of you as more than just a friend.
*i never said anything because, y'know, i hated you.
*but hey, looks like that works out, nyehehe!

F: *...
*Would you please excuse me for a second?

Frisk walks up the stairs, and into Sans' room, and starts happily screaming and shouting. Papyrus just chuckles and puts a cigarette in his mouth. He walks up the stairs and talks to the door.

P: *alright kid, you have fun with that. i'm taking a nap until sans and chara get back, alright?

F: *YEAH SURE COOL!

Papyrus than walks back down to the couch and quickly drifts into sleep. Frisk, being as happy as she is, takes a while to realize that she has no idea how to confront Sans about her feelings. She then has the bright idea to call an expert on feelings, Napstabot!
She dials his number, and he instantly picks up.

N: *YO YO YO, NAPSTABOT HERE!
*HOW YA' DOIN'?

F: NAPSTA OH MY GODDDDDD!

N: *Hey hey, Frisk! What brings you to my phone this fine day?

F: *SANS LIKES MEEEEE!! SANS ACTUALLY LIKES ME BACKKK!!

N: *Didn't I tell ya' that would happen! Congrats, Frisky-bits!
*Have you seen 'im yet?

F: No, not yet, he's still out at Asgore's!

N: *Cool, cool! I think before he gets home, you shoul-

M: *DID SOMEONE SAY 'LIKES ME'?!
*WHO LIKES WHO?! WHAT ROMANCE AM I HEARING?!

N: *Heyyyy, Mettablook.

F: *METTA, SANS LIKES ME BACK!!

While Mettablook and Frisk scream like giddy girls over the phone and Napstabot tries to give Frisk advice, she doesn't hear the doorbell ring and the sound of the door opening.

S: *WE'RE HOME!! PAPYRUS, FRISK?
*I BROUGHT CHAAARRAAAA!

Papyrus hears this and instantly wakes up.

P: *oh, sans, you brought me a chara? how'd you know she was my favorite?

C: *Stop it, Pap, you're making me blush!

S: *BROTHER, DO YOU KNOW WHERE FRISK IS?! I HAVE GOOD NEWS TO BRING TO HER!!

P: *she has news for you too. she's up in your room, screaming like a girl over the phone to someone.

S: *EXCELLENT, I SHALL JOIN IN THIS SCREAMING!!
*HAVE FUN YOU TWO, I'LL BE BACK!!

Sans dashes up the stairs and heads towards his room. Papyrus takes this chance to put his arms around Chara.

P: *hey. miss me?

C: *I think you know the answer~

Papyrus and Chara sit together on the couch and start kissing and cuddling. Yes, kissing and cuddling, nothing lewd. Meanwhile, Sans has come up to the door to his room.

S: *FRISK? FRISK, ARE YOU IN THERE? I MUST SPEAK WITH YOU!

F: *...And he's so cute!! I can't wait to see him again! I think we really hit it off!

S: *???

Sans listens to the door, intently.

F: *Yes, Papyrus already knows! Oooo, I have such a cute surprise waiting for him!

S: *PAP...PAPYRUS?...

F: Have you seen how he sleeps, and how he makes those jokes? Oooo, I know! I'm so happy it's gonna work out!

S: *...
*O...OH…
*i see…

Sans has heard enough. He walks away from the door, with no stars in his eyes, and no spring to his step.