Chapter 11 - Pride of a Parent

After the kiss, Sans and Frisk continued walking home until they bumped into Chara, Papyrus, and Alphys. They all talked, and Frisk told them the good news.

F: *We're officially dating now!

S: *INDEED, MWEHEHE!~

A: *OH MY GOD MY SHIPPING DREAMS COME TRU- I mean- G-GOOD JOB!

P: *nice one, sans.
*you finally did it, huh?
*proud of you, bro~

C: *You two are the cutest!
*Well, second cutest, right Papy?~

P: *yep~

After the banter, they all returned home, except for Frisk and Sans. Frisk has to do something before she returns home with the rest of the gang, and she needs Sans with her to do it.

F: *Ok guys, I wanna hang out, I really do, but I've gotta do something that every girlfriend has to do. Introduce my boyfriend to my parents!
*But, since my human parents are disgusting, they aren't worth introducing Sans to.

P: *ouch, cold.

F: *So, I'm gonna introduce him to the next best thing!

C: *Asgore and Toriel?

F: *Asgore and Toriel.

S: *MWEH?!
*INTRODUCE ME TO THE OLD KING AND QUEEN?! B-BUT I AM N-NOT READY FOR SUCH AN HONOR!!
*I ALREADY KNOW QUEEN TORIEL, BUT A-ASGORE?! I-I'VE ONLY TALKED TO HIM TWICE!!
*I DIDN'T EVEN FEEL WORTHY OF BEING NEAR HIM AT THE TEA PARTY!!

F: *Sansy, calm down.
*They love you, and they love me!
*They were incredibly supportive of when Chara started dating Papyrus, I'm sure it'll be fine~

S: *HMMM…

A: *C-Come on, Sans! You're a r-royal knight, I'm sure they'll both love i-it!

C: *You'll do great, you two!

P: *yeah, go and do the thing.

S: *OK, I WILL DO IT! FRISK, SHALL WE DEPART?

F: *Without delay, darling~

Sans blushes at the cute name she called him, takes her hand, and leads her out of the door. Chara, Alphys, and Papyrus start to watch anime and talk amongst themselves, and Alphys decides to call a certain fish she loves over, so she'll be waiting for Sans and Frisk when they return.

Frisk actually took the lead in front of Sans, and they arrive quickly at the door to Asgore's house. Frisk has a cute idea.

F: *Ok, Sans! I want you to hide behind the door!
*I wanna talk to Asgore first, and then have you surprise him, when I give you the cue!

S: *CUE?

F: *I'll say "I want you to meet him yourself", and then you'll jump in? Got it?

S: *ABSOLUTELY!!

Frisk knocks on the door, with Sans hiding out of sight. After a few knocks, the door is opened by an old goat monster with a wide smile on his face.

AS: *Frisk, my child! You've come to visit! It has been so long, has it not?

F: *Sure has, Asgore!

The two hug briefly, and Asgore seems overjoyed.

AS: *Would you like some tea? I have some brewing now!

F: *Sure would! Hey though, Asgore.
*I came to tell you some very good news!

AS: *I cannot wait, my child.

Frisk and Asgore enter the house, while Sans stays outside and listens for his cue. Before they entered, Frisk and Sans flashed a brief thumbs-up to each other.

Frisk sits down with Asgore at the table, and sips at her tea. Asgore does the same, and sighs in relief. It has been ages since Frisk has visited him or Toriel.

AS: *So, Frisk. What brings you to my home today? You rarely visit Toriel and I, I was worried you did not care for us anymore…

F: *What? N-No, it's not like that!
*Look, before I say what I came to say, I should come clean…
*The reason I never visit you or Toriel is… well…
*I feel like I betrayed you guys…

AS: *I beg your pardon?

F: *You already know about what I've done…
*And, as sick as it is, I still want to consider you and Toriel as my new parents…
*I've done so much wrong, to the two people who have done so much right, I just don't feel like you guys wanna see me much anymore…
*Chara's so much more of a good person than I am, and she's so much more open…
*MK and Asriel are still so excitable and giddy, and I'm not, and-

AS: *Frisk, stop. Stop right there.

Asgore takes one of Frisk's hands in his own, and looks at her sternly. Outside, Sans is looking worried. He feels as though she is emotionally vulnerable and he's not there for her. But, he steels himself, and waits for his cue, despite her clear emotional pain.

AS: *I never want you to think such things again, dear child.
*As fun and exciting as Monster Kid and Asriel are, and as sweet as Chara can be, you are just as much of my child as they are, Frisk.
*You have done wrong in the past, child. Everyone knows this. But so have every other monster here.
*Especially me and Toriel.
*And, if I'm on the road to forgiving her for what she has done, than I have already forgiven you.
*Frisk, you are a child of mine. I could never hate you, not even if I wanted to. You are a Dreemurr, Frisk! You are my family.
*Do not ever forget that.

Frisk starts tearing up, and gets up from her chair. She hugs Asgore with all that she has, and softly cries onto his shoulder.

F: *Thanks, Dad… I love you…

AS: *And I love you, sweet child…

Sans, still outside, is relieved, and is back to determinedly waiting for his cue. After they hug, and Frisk wipes her tears away, she sits back down, and drinks more of her tea. She looks bright again, and has a big smile on her face.

F: *Ok, Asgore! Now, for what I came here to tell you!
*I got a boyfriend!!

Asgore spits some of his tea out at those words, and laughs a bit.

AS: *Y-You did? That is excellent, m-my child, hahaha!
*What a welcome surprise this is, too! I was hoping you would find love like Chara did!

F: *My love is closer to Chara's love than you think, Asgore~

AS: *Oh, why is that, my child?

F: *Asgore, I'D LIKE YOU TO MEET HIM YOURSELF!

With the cue shouted, Sans busts through the door, does a cute little roll, and hops onto the table.

S: *ALLOW ME TO REINTRODUCE MYSELF, YOUR MAJESTY!
*YES, YOU MAY BE SHOCKED, AMAZED, OR EVEN JEALOUS…
*BUT IT IS TRUE! FRISK HAS A BOYFRIEND!!
*AND WHO IS THAT BOY, YOU MAY ASK?
*IS IT ANOTHER GOAT MONSTER? NO.
*IS IT A LIZARD MONSTER? NO.
*IS IT THE MAILMAN?! NO!
*IT IS I!!
*THE SANSATIONAL SKELETON! THE BLUE CAPED CRUSADER! THE HERO FROM THE LIGHT!
*IT IS I, THE MAGNIFICENT SANS!!