Chapter 1 - Sans' Complex Feelings

S: *FRISK! CHARA! PAPS!
*BREAKFAST IS READY!
*I MADE PANCAKES!
*IT'S NOT TACOS, BUT IT'LL DO!

P: *coming, bro.

F: *Ok, ok, I'm coming…

C: *Sweet, pancakes! Sign me up!

The four gathered at the table, as Sans served pancakes to each of them. Chara ate right away, and Frisk took small, refined bites. Papyrus, however, ate it all swiftly without anyone seeing.

C: *Papy, how DO you eat anyways? That was so fast!

P: *mmmmmagic. nyehehe.

S:*PAPYRUS, IT ISN'T NICE TO TEASE CHARA ABOUT OUR EATING METHOD.

P: *aw c'mon, bro. i don't know if she has the stomach for the truth.

S: *PAPYRUS! THAT WAS AWFUL! I HAVE TOLD YOU BEFORE TO LEAVE THE EXPERT PUN-MAKING TO ME!!

P: *aw, but i was having so much pun.

Chara laughs and Frisk represses a laugh as Papyrus snickers and Sans scolds his brother. After breakfast is done, Sans looks at his watch, and gasps.

S: *OH NO! CHARA, WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR ASGORE'S TEA PARTY!

C: *WHAT?! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!

S: *I APOLOGIZE, BROTHER AND FRISK, BUT ME AND CHARA HAVE TO GO! RIGHT NOW!

P: *are you sure you can't take the other human with you…

S: *PAPYRUS, DO NOT BE MEAN TO FRISK! I SWEAR, IF YOU HURT HER WHILE WE'RE GONE, I'LL NEVER TALK TO YOU AGAIN!!

P: *ughhh, fine.

S: *GOOD! CHARA, LET'S GO!

Chara and Sans leave the house, and run towards Asgore and Toriel's house.

C: *Uh… Sans?

S: *YES?

C: *I don't know if I'm comfortable leaving Paps and Frisk alone… he could hurt her…

S: *...
*I KNOW, CHARA. BUT THEY HAVE TO GET ALONG SOMEHOW! FRISK LIVES WITH US AND YOU AND MY BROTHER ARE IN LOVE! THIS PETTY HATRED MUST BE RESOLVED!

C: *I know, Sans… I just hope they'll work it out.

Sans blushes, and looks worried. He decides he has something to say, but will save it for later.

S: *CHARA, I HAVE SOMETHING I NEED TO TELL YOU ABOUT. AFTER THE TEA PARTY, I MUST SPEAK WITH YOU, IN PRIVATE. ABOUT SOME VERY… COMPLEX FEELINGS.