Chapter 14 - Heartache

T: *So, what brings you to my home today, Sans?

S: *I REQUEST TO HAVE A DISCUSSION WITH YOU ABOUT RECENT EVENTS THAT YOU WOULD BE VERY HAPPY TO HEAR ABOUT!! 

T: *A chat? Marvelous, I will whip up some pie for us to chat over.

After the pie is made, and put on plates at the table, Sans and Toriel sit down, and start to chat. They idly talk about the monsters they've met, the humans they've met, the things they've done, but right when Sans is about to give Frisk the cue to come in, Toriel says:

T: *Sans, I must discuss something with you, if I may.. 
*The royal defenders disbanded and you're really the only one I can relay this information to for now…

S: *O-OF COURSE, QUEEN TORIEL!
*PLEASE, GO AHEAD! 

T: *Sans, I… I'm worried. I'm worried about the humans.

S: *THE HUMANS…?

T: *They're not being as nearly as accepting of monsters as we had hoped. Sure, the place we all live in presently has humans that love us, but more monsters are being born and we can't stay in one city forever… 
*But so far, this is the only place we can safely live without prejudice or fear of being forced away again…
*Sans, I… I don't know what to do! Alphys, Undyne, Napstabot… they've all tried so hard, I've even tried talking to the humans myself, but they just can't accept us…
*Sans, what will happen if this city becomes overpopulated? Will we have to force monsters away? Will they be forced back into the underground?? 
*I can't let that happen to my people again! I…
*I just want to help them all for once…
*...
*Pathetic, is it not?
*I cannot even protect a single monster from the humans… If anything, all I'm doing is getting them closer to danger…
*Everyone is counting on me… but Sans… what do I do…?

Sans looks away, his eyes less starry than usual. He rubs his skull, and tries to think of something.

S: *MY QUEEN, YOU ARE NOT PATHETIC, I THINK THE CAUSE YOU FIGHT FOR IS VERY NOBLE! 
*MONSTERS AND HUMANS AREN'T JUST GOING TO GET ALONG LIKE THAT, THOUGH…
*PAPYRUS TOLD ME THAT WE'RE LUCKY WE KNOW THE HUMANS WE DO, BECAUSE NONE OF THEM ARE BETTER THAN THE TWO WE HAVE NOW. 
*THEY AREN'T THE SAME HUMANS WHO SEALED US AWAY, BUT THEY ALSO LACK THE POWER TO NOW. 
*THE BARRIER IS BROKEN, AND THEY CAN'T REPAIR IT. I THINK THEY MAY FEEL LIKE WE'RE FORCED UPON THEM.
*AND HOWEVER UNFAIR THAT MAY BE, IT HAS SOME TRUTH TO IT.

T: *I suppose you're right… Humans have never been the easiest people to get along with…
*Hahaha…
*You know, Sans, you're very smart. I'm glad you can stay happy in these dark times.

S: *EVERYONE NEEDS A BRIGHT SMILE IN THEIR DAY, AND I AM THAT SMILE!! 
*BUT MY TIMES, DESPITE THE PROBLEM, MY QUEEN, ARE VERY, VERY BRIGHT! 
*AND I WANTED TO TELL YOU WHY! 
*I HAVE A-

Ring, ring. Toriel's phone rings in her pocket. 

T: *Hold that thought, Sans, I must take this call.

S: *TAKE YOUR TIME, MY QUEEN! 

She puts it up to her ear, and begins to speak:
T: *Hello, this is Toriel. How may I help- 
But is cut off by a loud sound. It sounds like yelling, from what Sans can hear.

T: *Please, calm down! Now, what is the issue?
*A monster and human fought? Whatever for?! 
*I've been very clear that we cannot force ourselves upon the humans! They are-
*No, this is their land too! There are no seniority rights, what-
*Monster Kid?! Why was he involved? He wasn't the one forcing himself on them, was he??
*No? Who was? 
*INJURED?! WHO IS INJURED?! 
*Oh… oh, oh dear… yes, I will inform them…
*Thank you for the warning…
She hangs up, and looks down, with a tear falling from her eye.

S: *Q-QUEEN TORIEL, WHAT'S WRONG?! WHAT HAPPENED?! 

T: *A monster tried to force a human to accept him and give up land… and Monster Kid was there, trying to calm the fight down… 
*And he was injured…

S: *HOW BADLY WAS HE INJURED?! OH NO, FRISK IS GOING TO BE- 

T: *Worry not, he only received a small cut, but it was under his left eye. Any higher and he could have lost the eye altogether…

S: *PHEW… OK, WE SHOULD GO GET HIM BEFORE I CONTINUE WITH MY NEWS! I WANT HIM TO BE HERE AND SAFE BEFORE THEN!

T: *Yes, let us go. We must get Asgore and Temmie, though, Frisk and Chara cannot know. 
*Especially Frisk…

S: *U-UH, QUEEN TORIE- 

T: *Oh, the sweet child would be so angry if she found out her best friend was hurt…

S: *QUEEN TOR- 

T: *Yes, Sans? What is-

But before Sans can finish his warning, Frisk slams the door open. She heard everything.
She walks forward, and Sans' eyes go jet black, while Toriel gains a look of pure anxiety. This is exactly what she was afraid would happen if Frisk knew about this. Frisk's eyes are blazing red, filled with hateful determination.

F: *M o t h e r . . .
*Where is the human that hurt him. 

T: *Ah, Frisk, let's not be hasty, I'm sure he-

F: *WHERE IS THE HUMAN?! 

S: *FRISK, PLEASE, THERE IS NO CAUSE FOR ALARM, MONSTER KID'S INJURY IS NOT SEVERE!! 
*LET'S JUST CALM DOWN, I'M SURE WE CAN-

F: *Fine. I'll find him myself. He can't be far. 

Frisk storms out of the house, with her red eyes blazing brighter. Sans is visibly shaking, as he has never seen Frisk like this before. He slaps himself and shakes his skull, and realizes what has to happen. 

S: *QUEEN TORIEL, CALL MY BROTHER AND CHARA. I WILL NEED THEM TO CALM FRISK DOWN. 
*YOU GO GET KING ASGORE AND TEMMIE, FOR MONSTER KID. I WILL MEET WITH YOU WHEN FRISK IS NOT GOING TO HURT ANYONE.
*IS THAT OK?

T: *Yes, I will tell them to find you. Please hurry, Sans, there's no telling what she might do to that human!

S: *YES, MA'AM! 

Sans runs out of the house at high speeds, chasing after the long flowing hair of his infuriated girlfriend. He can only hope that he can stall her long enough for Papyrus and Chara to get to him, before she does something everyone will regret. He uses his magic to teleport in front of her, and hold her SOUL in blue mode. She writhes and tries to break the SOUL control, but can't. 

F: *LET GO OF ME! THAT HUMAN WILL PAY!! 
*THEY ALREADY KILLED HIM ONCE, I WILL NOT LET THAT HAPPEN AGAIN! 

S: *FRISK, IT IS MY DUTY TO QUEEN TORIEL AND FOR YOUR SAKE AS WELL TO STOP YOU RIGHT HERE!!
*YOU AREN'T THINKING STRAIGHT, AND I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO DO WHAT YOU PLAN TO!!
*I WILL NOT HURT YOU, BUT I AM FORCED TO STALL YOU. 
*I'M SORRY, SWEET FRISK. BUT NOW YOU FACE THE MAGNIFICENT SANS!! 

**BATTLE INITIATE**

*The Magnificent Sans blocks your way!

(I'm gonna leave you guys with that evil cliffhanger~
See ya'll next chapter!)