❤30❤

Author POV

"Yeah sure no problem, make yourself comfortable"

Jungkook spoke. His voice laced with sarcasm.

"I see you've made some changes around here"

Mr.Jeon voiced out as he looked around the house.

"What are you doing here dad?"

Jungkook grew antsy at his father's silence.
His father never had anything good to say whenever he came to see Jungkook. It was always something dangerous or potentially dangerous. A year ago Mr. Jeon spoke to his son only to tell him that there may be a potential target on his back . That caused two months of constant paranoia. A little while after that, Mr.Jeon told him that one of their enemies were trying to kill him. Again paranoia for 5 months this time with a side of anxiety attacks.

Jungkook couldn't even begin to fathom why his father was here. He was fine when it was just him. He could handle being constantly paranoid when it was just him . But he had her now. He had Y/n. If she noticed his panic, she'd be in a paranoid like state too. She has enough on her plate already. She doesn't need to have his problem dumped on her too.

The room was so quiet. The only sound heard was the tapping of Jungkook's feet hitting the ground softly. He absolutely hated feeling like this. Anxious and paranoid. Jungkook was grinding his teeth to dust.

"Dad"

He spoke up again

"Why are you here?"

Mr. Jeon sighed in frustration. He hated coming to his son only to tell him bad news. He hated the fact that the only moments he got to spent with his little boy who had now grown into a man was to ruin his day and send him down a rabbit hole of sleepless nights.

"Its okay hunny. Tell him"
Mr. Jeon's wife encouraged him

"Dad!"

Jungkook snapped. Urgency and desperation was head in his voice

"Tell me what's going on"

"Look, Jungkook i hate that I have to keep dropping bombs of bad news on you all the time-"

Jungkook grew extremely agitated

"Just cut to the chase Dad"

"Fine"

His father huffed

"I know Bae Y/n has been staying with you"

Mr. Jeon looked directly into the eyes of his son. Meanwhile Jungkook looked anywhere except the eyes of his father.

"Son?"

"How do you know about Y/n?"
Jungkook inquired.

"I know everyone that goes to your school"

It was as if Mr.Jeon could see the question marks surrounding his son's head.

'Ah right'
Jungkook was once again reminded that his father is his schools 'sponsor'. In reality, Mr.Jeon pays big bucks to the university so that he could keep tabs on his son. The move was so transparent. Jungkook saw right through his father's 'generous deed'

"Why is a girl staying with you?"

"Why is she saying here?"

"how do you know her?"

Just like clockwork Mr. Jeon began drilling Jungkook with questions. Jungkook shook his head and scoffed in disbelief and looked at his father with narrow eyes.

"Why does it matter?"
Jungkook asked.

'Of course he's here to make sure I keep our secret locked up in the depths of my mind'