25; Pageant

ZHUBAO

"We are getting late, Zhang Ji, its already 4pm. Miss said we should be there before 4." I said, looking at my wristwatch, he took our bags and walked away, so I ran after him, "Hey, give me my bag!"

He shook his head. "I'll carry this for you, just stay by my side..."

"Why?" I asked, confused about the acts of services he is showing, since last night he was like this.

"I am trying to win you, to court you so just follow me, let's go," he is the one who walked first, I'm confused but I walked after him.

We went to the dance studio to find it empty, Miss Lee herself did not follow what she said, "Miss Lee is as well late."

The door opened and I thought it was Ms. Lee, but I was wrong it's Zeyu, Yu Zeyu. He roamed his eyes around and when she saw me on the side, he smiled, and he went near and sat beside me.

He smiled and waved his hands, "Hello, did you already memorize the steps?"

"Yeah, she already memorized every single step of it." Ji responded. 

Yeah, we practiced a lot of last night together though.

"Oh, Zhang Ji you're there, I did not notice you..." He chuckled.

"Yeah, I'm here..." Ji held my hands and pulled me closer to him, and that's weird. He never acted like this way before, but maybe that's because of what he said yesterday before the driver could pick us up.

The moon is beautiful, isn't it?

"Are you together?" Zeyu asked, he smiled while pointing our hands with our fingers are intertwine with each other. "I mean, that explains a lot."

I slapped Ji's hands secretly. "No, we're not—"

"We're—" I widened my eyes on him that made him think of something, "I mean not yet..."

"So that explains, you're courting her—" before he could even finish his words, I cut him off.

"No, he's just joking," I chuckled and looked at Ji, I did give him a meaningful stare. But he just goofily smirked at me like he wasn't even worrying about everyone knowing about his feelings for me.

This guy is really something.

"You're good at joking huh, you got me there Mr. Zhang." Zeyu smiled.

"I'm not even—" I covered Ji's mouth.

"Stop joking Ji, I'm going to die laughing..." I forced a smile. He just pouted behind my hands but ended up kissing my palm. "Hey, you're—"

"Let's start..." it was Ms. Lee: I did not notice that she's already here with the other candidates.

Zeyu stood up and lend his hands on me, but Ji did it too. I hesitate to take just one, so I took it both, because it'll be unfair if just take one of their hands, Ji eyes darkened but I just ignored it and went in front.

We started to practice our dance intro and formations. "Tomorrow you will dance without the choreographer, so you need to memorize the whole dance as well the formation, understood?"

"Yes, miss..." We responded.

I picked up my bag as Zeyu asked me, "Are you already going to go home?"

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"It's not yet five pm so you can come with me even just for a while?" He asked while looking at his wristwatch. "Let's just have a little sip."