12; Left

ZHUBAO

Everything seems to slow down as I trip and fall.

But he doesn't let me hit the ground.

He shields me with his body, our eyes meeting in a moment of shock. Wasting no time, he stands up and urges me to come with him. "You need to come with me," he says.

"H-huh, why should I-""Just come with me," he insists, pulling me along with him.

The man kept pulling me along, and within a few minutes, I could clearly see the plane carrying my sibling take off. 

"I've been left behind..." I struggled against the man's grip but couldn't break free. "Who are you—" 

"Don't be afraid-" he said.

My words were cut off as he pulled back his hood. "J..."

Suddenly, my stomach churned, and I felt dizzy, probably from the shock. 

Who wouldn't be surprised?

He was right in front of me, holding me. 

He was the reason I was left behind here!

I never thought he'd be one of them, I never thought it would be him, you of all people who tries to do these things.

I don't regret missing that plane because of him.

I was about to collapse when he steadied me. "Are you alright?" 

That was the last thing I heard from him before I blacked out.

She didn't respond, she just looked at me. Then, she closed her eyes and fell into my arms. I was taken aback, unsure of what had happened.I carried her to where my friends were, explaining that she had passed out. My friend asked, concern evident in his voice, "What happened to her, man?"

"I don't know, she just passed out..." I shrugged, realizing her head was resting on my shoulder. My heart raced as I held her, worried for her well-being. 

My friend suggested, his voice filled with compassion, "Let's bring her to the building..."

"Alright, here's her handbag," I handed it to him, my mind still preoccupied with her sudden collapse. I couldn't help but feel a sense of responsibility towards her.

"How did you manage to carry her and her handbag?" he asked, surprised by my strength. I let out a small chuckle, trying to lighten the mood. "Muscles?"

"Yeah, muscles," I replied, a smile playing on my lips. "Let's go, she's heavy, you know?"

He chuckled in response, appreciating the moment of levity amidst the concern. Together, we carefully made our way to the building, my focus solely on her well-being.As we gently placed her on the sofa upon arrival, my other friend asked, his tone filled with curiosity, "Is this part of your plan?"

"No, not at all," I replied, my voice tinged with worry.

"I just wanted to talk to her, but she passed out. I think seeing me was too overwhelming for her." my gaze remained fixed on her as I continued, my voice laced with a mix of regret and determination, "Let them know we found her..."

"He's not here, bro..." my friend informed me, understanding the weight of the situation. 

 "Alright," I sighed, a mixture of relief and concern washing over me.