꧁Summer of 1976꧂

Summer has been going pretty well so far, I've been writing my friends every week, with the exception of Sirius who has been writing to me on a daily basis. I've been missing him a lot and it's only been three weeks...

I was hanging out with Amos while playing some muggle game our parents gave us when we heard a tapping at the window. 'I'll get it.' Amos said as he got up and opened the window. Next thing I knew, James' owl was flying in and landing on my arm. 'Hello there, what's up?' The owl cooed in response then shook its leg. I took the letter off it's leg and it flew away almost instantly. 'Who's it from then?' Amos asked. 'Just James, I'll read it later.' I said with a shrug. Amos and I continued playing our game until there was another tap on the window. It was James' owl again. We let it in and it had a more written in red ink thank was opened up. The note read -

SOS. READ THE LETTER NOW.

'Amos, do you mind if I go read this?' I asked. 'Off you go then.' Amos reluctantly said. I swiftly went to my room and opened the letter. I wonder how James knew I hadn't read it yet? Anyway I read the letter, which said -

Hey Y/n,
So. We have an issue. Sirius just showed up at my door with all his bags and said that his mother used the crutiatus curse on him for the third time this summer and that he had enough so he left. He's badly hurt y/n, I don't know what to do. My parents aren't home and won't be for a few more hours. I really need your help. Sirius is worrying about you too because his mother threatened you if he didn't behave at one point. Please y/n, come to my house once you read this... I need your help here.
- James

I threw the letter down, pulled on my shoes and ran downstairs, luckily I hadn't got into my pyjamas just yet. 'Mum! Dad! I need to go to James' for a while! He needs help! I'll be back soon! I'm taking the floo network!' I shouted. 'Why are you going to his house?' Amos asked as I ran into the living room. 'Something bad happened and he needs my help.' I responded as I grabbed the floo powder. 'That's fine y/n! Let us know if you'll be staying there!' My mum shouted. I stepped into the fireplace. 'James Potter's house!' I said clearly as I threw the powder down. I then vanished in a bright green flame.

I opened my eyes again to see James' living room. I stepped out and looked around frantically. They weren't in the room. I then sprinted upstairs and into James' room. Not there either. I then ran into Sirius' room he would use over the holidays and there they were. I released a breath I didn't know I was holding in as I saw them. 'Y/n! You're safe! Thank Merlin!' Sirius said as he weakly ran from sitting beside James and over to me. He looked so ill and injured. It pained me to see him this way. He pulled me into one of the tightest hugs ever. 'I was so worried... she said she was going to hurt you if I didn't listen..' he said quietly while playing with my hair. 'It's okay Sirius... I'm here. Now, let's go sit down so I can check you over and make sure you're not too badly hurt..' I said while soothingly rubbing my hand up and down his back. 'No... I'm fine, I just want to hold you forever. I want to be able to make sure she can never hurt you..' he said quietly as he rested his head on top of mine. 'Sirius, I love you but you need to sit and get checked over. Now sit!' I said and he, very reluctantly, did.

'Hey y/n, thank you for coming to help.' James said as I began checking over Sirius. 'It's no problem Jamie. Could you maybe go down to the kitchen and get me some bandages and a cloth?' I asked. James nodded and left the room. 'I know for a fact you already have a cloth in your hand, why did you send him for one?' Sirius asked. 'Because I need you to take off your shirt so I can check there's no cuts on your chest and I don't want your boyfriend drooling over you.' I said which caused Sirius to laugh but I felt him wince when he did. 'So, you wanted to be the only one to see me topless?' Sirius said with a smirk. 'Oh come on! Just take your damn shirt off so I can make sure you're okay!' I said with a slight giggle.