꧁Decorating꧂

A couple of days had passed since we arrived at the Potters' house. The boys and I had spent the time playing on the console, planning pranks and helping out with chores. Euphemia always managed to somehow make even the most boring of chores fun, it was one of her many charms. 'Oh y/n dear! I owled your parents to let them know you were staying just in case you hadn't. They've written back and I thought you might want to read it.' Euphemia smiled. Thank Merlin for Euphemia Potter! I completely forgot to owl my parents! I thought. 'Thanks Euphemia, I completely forgot to let them know.' I laughed. Euphemia took out the letter. It read-

Dear Euphemia,

Thank you for letting us know y/n is staying with you, she must have forgotten to owl us. I hope she isn't causing too much trouble with your boy, those two were quite the pranksters over the summer. From your letter you indicated there was another young man staying with you, if that young man happens to be Sirius Orion Black please make sure that he and our daughter aren't left in a room alone together for too long. We found out that they are dating and wouldn't want anything happening. Thank you again Euphemia
Regards,

Mr and Mrs Diggory

Euphemia had a smug grin spread across her face as she looked at me. 'So...someone finally tied Sirius down! I'm so happy for the two of you!' She beamed as she hugged me. While I was wrapped in her hug, Sirius walked into the kitchen. I had been helping with the dishes while the boys were in the den. 'Hey I was coming to see if y/n needed any help.' Sirius smiled. 'I'm so proud of you my little Sirius! Finally getting a girlfriend!' Euphemia beamed as she hugged Sirius too. 'Wait..how did you find out?' Sirius said in confusion. 'My parents told her in a letter.' I laughed. Euphemia squeezed us one last time. 'Off you go! I'll finish the last of the dishes!' Euphemia smiled as she waved Sirius and I out of the kitchen.

We ran upstairs and into the den where James was sat playing his console. 'So, it's almost Christmas, that means today we're doing the tree!' James smiled. 'I can't wait!' I beamed. Sirius and I sat just behind James while he played whatever game he was playing. Sirius pulled my head back so it was resting on his legs and I was looking up at him. 'Hello gorgeous.' He smirked down at me. 'Hey handsome.' I replied with the same tone and smirk. 'Godric's sake you two are so sappy!' James huffed. Sirius and I just laughed. I sat up and hugged Sirius tightly as if I'd never be able to do it again. 'James, I know you hate it when we're all sappy but when we finally get Lily to date you, you won't even notice because you'll be doing all this with her!' I smiled. Just as I mentioned Lily, an owl flew through the window and landed right next to me, dropped a letter the flew away. 'That's Lily's owl!' James said excitedly. I opened it and read it aloud. It said -

Dear Y/n, James and Sirius,

Hey you three! I put y/n's name on the front but this is for all three of you. I know she'll read it out to you two anyway. I hope your holidays are going well so far! I have gifts for all three of you, yes even you Potter, that I'll send on Christmas Day. I also need a little advice. Severus won't stop coming to my door and asking if my parents will let him in so he can see me. The first time they did since they didn't know what happened but when I shut my bedroom door in his face they haven't let him in. I told them what happened and they refused to let him in ever again. He comes every day and I don't know what to do. Any advice? Thanks guys!
Yours sincerely,
Lily x

I watched as James' face turned red. 'I'm going to hex Snivellous so badly when we get back to Hogwarts.' He growled. 'Prongs, calm down. We will get him back, not as soon as we arrive though.' Sirius stated. 'Now, now boys. Don't be so quick to leave me out.' I sighed. I got up and started writing a reply to Lily. I wrote -

Dear Lils,

We're all doing good! We're about to start putting up the tree today. With the problem with Snivellous, we'll deal with him when we're back at school and can use magic. I ( Y/n ) have a gift for you already, I don't know about the boys but I'm guessing they will. We can't wait to see you after the holidays! Also, Potter hasn't shut up about you for the past few days. He does really like you Lils! Okay, enjoy your holidays!
Sincerely
Y/n, Sirius and James x

I put the letter in an envelope, sealed it and whistled my owl into the room. 'Take this to Lily Evans, you should know the address from summer!' I smiled as I petted my owl and she flew out of the window. 'Kids! Time to decorate!' Euphemia shouted. 'Just coming mum! Sirius and y/n left a bit of a mess though so they'll be a couple minutes longer!' James shouted sending a wink towards Sirius and I. 'Okay James! Hurry up!' Euphemia shouted. 'Not very often Prongs helps me get alone time with my girlfriend.' Sirius smirked. He picked me up and spun me around. 'Siri!' I squeaked. 'What?' He chuckled. 'So are you just going to spin me around in these few minutes we have alone?' I asked. 'Nope!' Sirius said as he put me down and started kissing me. We were stood there for a few seconds before Sirius decided he was going to change from kissing me to snogging me. We were stood for a couple minutes. 'Kids, Euphemia said- Oh! Sorry! Am I interrupting?' Fleamont asked. 'Oh! Uh Fleamont! Hi!' I said as I pulled away from Sirius. 'Hey Fleamont, uh we'll come downstairs..' Sirius said as he scratched the back of his neck. 'Yeah uh, now I understand why your parents said what they said in the letter y/n.' Fleamont said as he burst out laughing. 'I won't tell Euphemia don't worry.' Fleamont winked and laughed again.

We walked downstairs to see the tree was already up. 'Took you long enough! We've got the tree up now we need to decorate.' Euphemia said. Sirius and I walked over and started to help string up lights and put baubles on the tree. After a while we finished and all that was left was the star. 'James, if you would.' Fleamont said as he passed James the star. 'Of course!' James said as he put the star on top of the tree. 'And it's done! Now you three off to bed! Tomorrow is Christmas Eve!' Euphemia smiled as she waved us off. The boys ran upstairs ahead of me so I chased after them. I was about to get to my room when I heard something. 'Y/n! In here! Come on!' It was James. I walked into the den to see the two boys sitting there in the dark. 'What in Merlin's name are you doing?' I asked. 'We're going to stay in here for a while and talk, duh!' Sirius smirked. I sat down next to James, Sirius was on the other side of James. We talked for what felt like a few minutes before Fleamont walked in. 'We sent you to bed two hours ago. Why are you three still up?' He groaned. 'Sorry Fleamont! It was their idea!' I said pointing at the two boys. 'Well, I don't really care you just better get to bed before Euphemia gets upstairs!' He chuckled. The three of us jumped up and ran to our rooms. 'Night boys! Night Fleamont!' I said quickly. 'Night y/n!' James and Fleamont said in unison. 'Night, love!' Sirius said as he ran into his room. I dove onto my bed and buried myself under the covers. 'Goodnight y/n, next time don't listen to the boys and just behave and go to bed!' Euphemia shouted into my room letting out a soft laugh. 'Night Euphemia! Sorry..' I said. 'Don't worry about it y/n. Goodnight dear!' She shouted before walking away.