꧁Explanation꧂

I woke up the next morning, forgetting what had happened after falling asleep on the couch in the common room. I looked around, realising I was in the dorm room. 'How in Godric's name did I get up here?' I whispered to myself. At that moment, everything flooded back. I remembered waking up leaning on Sirius, him carrying me up the stairs and then him hearing me sleep talking and admitting I like him.. IN THE NAME OF GODRIC GRYFFINDOR HE KNOWS I LIKE HIM! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?! I thought. I jumped up and got ready, hoping that I had imagined it all. I walked down the stairs to find Sirius alone, laying on the couch.

'Morning y/n/n, sleep well?' Sirius smiled at me. 'I slept well, thanks Sirius. Do you happen to know what time it is?' I asked. 'It's 5:45 in the morning, y/n' he stated as I sat down next to him. 'So, we gonna talk about what you said last night y/n?' Sirius smirked. My face turned red as a tomato again. 'W-What do you mean?' I stuttered, knowing exactly what he meant. 'You said you fancy me. Is that true?' He smiled, slinging his arm around my shoulder as he usually did. 'Well, I- uhm. Uhhh, hmmm, I-' I fumbled, Sirius then spoke up and said. 'If you do, that'd be great to be honest. Would make thing easier on me honestly..' he whispered in my ear. I got chills down my spine when he whispered to me. 'Well, so what if I do? Does it really matter at all? It's not like anything will happen between us..' I mumbled. 'Well, y/n we do have our Hogsmeade date in just over a month' he winked. Oh Merlin that's right, we are going to Hogsmeade together in around a month! I thought. 'That's besides the point! The question was does it matter?' I laughed. 'Well, what if I like you? Would that make it matter?' Sirius raised his eyebrow at me. 'We both know you don't, but hypothetically if you did it would most likely make quite the difference.' I whispered. 'But, are you sure we both believe that to be true? I don't think that the first part is true to be honest, Diggory.' He smiled, resting his head on my shoulder.

'What on earth do you mean by that Sirius?' I giggled. 'Oh my Godric, do I need to just bluntly say it? Fine! I will. I, Sirius Orion Black, have feelings of the romantic type for you, y/n y/m/n Diggory! You happy now?' He asked, chuckling to hide his nerves. 'Sirius, I don't really know what to say..' I mumbled. 'Say if you feel the same way or not. If you don't I completely underst-' I cut Sirius off by hugging him tightly. 'Of course I like you, nit wit. I've liked you since we started talking before summer.' We sat in a comfortable silence for a while, just holding onto each other, we noticed breakfast was about to start so we walked down together and sat down. The hall was completely empty other than us. 'So, what does this make us now?' I asked. 'I dunno, what do you want us to be?' Sirius said as he rubbed his thumb over my knuckles. 'Well, we don't need to be 'boyfriend and girlfriend' just yet, we could be a thing though. Maybe just seeing each other? I dunno to be honest..' I squeezed his hand as I spoke. 'Well, how about after our Hogsmeade date, it could be boyfriend and girlfriend if you want?' Sirius suggested. 'Sounds good.' I smiled as I looked up and kissed him on the cheek. We ate breakfast together and headed to our classes. The day flew by.

When I headed to the common room after classes were over, I walked in to find a note with my name on it. The note read -

Astronomy Tower. Quarter past 4. Don't be late :)
-S.O.B

'Oh Godric, here we go.' I rolled my eyes as I looked at the clock. 'Its only 3:55, I have time to get changed.' I shrugged as I headed to my dorm. I quickly changed into a yellow button up shirt and blue jeans

( this - )

And tied my hair into a messy bun, then I headed to the Astronomy tower to find out what Sirius was after this time

A/N - Hi! Sorry for the shorter chapter but it was eventful! You and Sirius admitting you like each other and we're not even at the end of September! Well, I know this is moving pretty fast but like oh well. I hope you've enjoyed so far. My school holidays are over and I have school tomorrow so the next update may be later than I'd like it to be. Sorry about that :( that's all for now, bye!