꧁The First Year Girl꧂

A/N - Okay real quick. Someone do be making an appearance and do t get all mad in the comments 😂 also, according to my read watch she was born '1965 or earlier' so I made it 1964 so she could make an appearance. I also have a hatred for her. Don't worry. Also, thank you so much for 6k reads! It's mind blowing that so many people enjoy what I write! Thank you for all the kind and supportive comments! I'll try and get back to a regular posting schedule soon! That's all from me for now. Enjoy the chapter!

It's been a couple of days since the marauders have reunited. It's been amazing. Remus and Sirius haven't spoken as much but that was expected I guess.

Today was quite...strange though. At breakfast we were sat as usual and this first year Slytherin girl came up to us. 'Excuse me, but my...friends and I were wondering why that boy has those scars?' She asked calmly while pointing at Remus. 'Well, is that really any of your business?' I snapped slightly. 'What's your name, kid?' James asked her. 'Dolores. Dolores Jane Umbridge.' She stated. What a strange name...

The small Slytherin just stood and blinked at us. It was strange. 'Is there something else we can help you with, Dolores?' Sirius asked. 'No.. maybe actually. Are you Sirius Orion Black? As in the one from the Noble House of Black?' She asked. Sirius slowly nodded. The girl had a wicked grin on her face. 'I never thought I'd be in your presence! How does it feel to be a disgrace to your family? A blood traitor?' She asked, her wicked grin growing. 'Right. That's enough. Get lost.' I snapped. The girl looked at me. 'You're y/n Diggory. Correct?' She asked coldly. 'Indeed. Now run along.' I said. The girl scoffed at me and left.

'She was very...' James started. 'Annoying? Rude? Bitchy? Nosey? Ugly?' Sirius listed off. 'All of the above!' I laughed. We all just continued with our breakfast after that. Dolores Umbridge. That's not a name I'd be forgetting anytime soon.

The day went by as usual but that first year, Umbridge, kept showing up... it was really weird. She was outside of potions when we left, she was standing at the bottom of the stairs to Gryffindor tower when I was going up to get one of my books and she just so happened to be right outside the library when Remus and I were studying. She constantly glared at me. Whenever she looked at anyone else, however, she had the same wicked grin plastered across her face. Remus and I were still studying since it was our free period before Defense Against the Dark Arts. 'Hm hm' a high pitched hun came from behind Remus and I, it was someone clearing their throat. 'I would really like to know how you got those scars, Remus.' I knew that voice. Umbridge. 'Why are you bothering us? Did we ever do anything to you?' I asked coldly. 'Nothing at all. I'm just interested in Remus' scars, that's all.' She said, a fake smile plastered across her face. I heard footsteps come towards the three of us. 'If you are going to talk in my library, I suggest you get out!' It was Madam Pince. 'But Madam, these kind fifth years were only helping me with-' Umbridge began. 'Enough. Remus and Y/n are always here and they know never to talk in my library. You, girl. Out.' Madam Pince said in a monotone but annoyed voice. Remus and I gave her a grateful smile as Umbridge left the library. After that, something utterly shocking happened! Madam Pince cracked a large smile at Remus and I! A smile!! This was almost as shocking as seeing Dumbledore angry!

Once our free period was over, Remus and I headed to DADA together. Remus was most definitely the star student in DADA. Last week, we were dealing with a real boggart and, even though his was the moon which petrified him, Remus cast the counter spell, riddikulus, and turned it from the moon to a big circle of cheese that rolled on the floor! It was quite funny since the cheese bounced around the room. We had the class with Hufflepuff which was ideal because Hufflepuffs are so lovely! A way, when we walked in we asked our professor if any first years had caught his eye this year. 'Well..' the Professor said. 'This one young Slytherin girl could have potential.. Dol something..' 'Dolores Umbridge?' I asked and the professor nodded. Remus and I shared a quick glance before sitting down.

The day went quite smoothly from there. We didn't run into Umbridge again which was quite the bonus. The night ended with a game of exploding snaps in the common room. That game resulted in Peter loosing an eyebrow and Lily taking the exploding snaps from us when a little bit of her hair got burned. The boys and I were sat on the couch together, I was squished between Remus and James which wasn't fun, especially when James Potter is using you to nudge Remus. 'Sorry boys but I'm going to have to steal your little barrier for a moment!' A voice said from behind us. It was Marlene. 'My herooo!' I laughed as I got up and went to Marlene.

'Wassup?' I asked. 'Sooo, yknow how Dorcas and I are dating?' She asked. I nodded happily. 'Well.. I was thinking about asking her to be my girlfriend but I have no clue how to do it. And I figured you'd know since you're always reading those rubbish romance books that Lils brings from the muggle world.' Marlene laughed awkwardly. 'Godric's name! Of course I can help!' I smilesd. 'Okay, here's what you do. Either next Hogsmeade trip, or next time we sneak out to Hogsmeade, buy those colour changing roses from the flower shop, but some chocolate roses to mix in with them and then find something you know she'll like. Ask her to meet you just before the fence at the shrieking shack then ask her there!' I beamed. 'This sounds very thought out! Thank youuu!' Marlene said and quickly hugged me. 'No problem Marls! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have three annoyances and Remus to attend to!' I laughed and pulled back from the hug. Marlene nodded and let me return to the boys. I tried to go back to my spot between Remus and James but I was grabbed by the waist and pulled onto the couch by my boyfriend. Well, not actually the couch. He pulled me down so I was sat on his lap. 'Keep it PG!' I heard Lily say as she briefly came downstairs. James, Sirius and I just looked at each other, not having a clue what she meant.

After sitting joking around, planning pranks and talking for a while, the boys slowly headed to bed. I, however, fell asleep laying on the couch, my head in Sirius' lap.

A/N - Hey! Sorry if this chapter isn't very good, I have slight writers block. Also sorry for double author notes. So Umbridge showed up. No one likes her anyway that's all for now. I'm sorry if there isn't an upload for a while. I'm so so so grateful for your patience! Thank you! Bye and stay safe! ❤️