꧁Maybe Valentine's Isn't So Bad After All꧂

Reader's POV -

'Sirius, that was amazing! You must've spent so long on that!' I saw as we walked out of the Whomping Willow. 'Oh it wasn't that long! I've only been planning it since like the third week of us dating..' he chuckled. 'Sirius! That's a long time! That was the end of October and now it's February-' I looked at him in shock. 'Oh well! You're amazing so you deserve something big!' He beamed. 'Babyyy, you didn't have to... I usually don't even like the holiday!' I said quietly. 'Nonsense! Of course I had to do it!' He smiled. I wrapped my arms around his neck and gazed up into his stormy grey eyes that I have always loved. 'Have I mentioned how amazing you look tonight love?' 'Yes you have, multiple times!' I laughed. Honestly, he couldn't be more perfect! Yes he may be a flirt at times but it's all in good nature. 'Now, we have a date to continue!' Sirius said as he led me away from the whomping willow.

Remus' POV -

Here goes nothing. I'm going to do it. I'm going to ask Niss if she'd go on a date with me. Godric's sake this is nerve wracking...

No! Come on Remus! Man up! Just ask her out! It's not that hard, you've been through worse. Come onnnn! Okay. I'm going to do it.

'Hey Niss..' I said shyly. 'Hi Remus! How are you?' She asked with a smile that lit up the room. 'I'm doing good, how are you?' I said as calmly as possible. 'I'm good! I wanted to talk to you actually!' She smiled. She set down a book which I noticed was about dragons, her favourite creatures. 'I just came to ask if you'd...maybe...want to go on a date sometime?' I said nervously. Her smile lit up even more when I asked. 'Oh Remus I'd love to! Maybe in a couple of days?' She asked. I nodded excitedly. 'Well, I have quidditch practice right now but I'll see you later!' She said as she pulled on her Slytherin Quidditch jumper and ran out.

That went better than expected!

Reader's POV -

Sirius had taken me up to the astronomy tower. There was music playing and the sun was shining through the windows. 'Remember when you first agreed to actually date me? Like not just one Hogsmeade date but actually be my girlfriend?' He said proudly. 'Yes I remember. I also remember Amos pinning you against the wall for kissing me!' I laughed. 'And James saying you gush about me and hiding in the cupboard from the first years! I remember that day perfectly!' I smiled up at him. 'The first two parts, Amos and James I mean, weren't the best.' He laughed. 'Well, they led up to me asking you out so I'm not complaining.' I chuckled while looking up into those oh so familiar stormy grey eyes. The same stormy grey eyes I looked into all that time ago. 'Yeah, I wanted to ask you out but you decided to beat me to it, love! It was very bold of you, which just made me like you even more.' Sirius said with a smug grin on his face. I felt a light blush on my face. 'You're absolutely adorable when you blush, you know that, y/n?' 'Oh shusssshhh!' I laughed. Sirius then took my hand and pulled me to a very specific spot of the room. 'Right here in this very spot is where we had our first ever kiss. One of the best moments of my life, if I'm being honest.' He said with a proud smile. 'Yknow, you're making it extremely hard to hate this holiday!' I grumbled as I wrapped my arms around his neck. 'That means I'm doing a good job!' He chuckled as he leaned down and rested his forehead against mine. 'You're brilliant, Sirius Orion Black!' I smiled. Sirius just gave me a smug smile then leaned in and kissed me. We remained like that for around a minute until we both pulled back, gasping ever so slightly. 'Wow...' I said, just as I had after our very first kiss. 'Enjoy it then, y/n?' Sirius said with his signature cocky grin, the exact same way he had at our first kiss. 'Very much so, Mr Black' I smiled. We just stood there for a while in a comfortable silence, it was nice.

Sirius' POV -

Next and final stop on my Valentine's Day adventure with y/n. The Common Room. Wormtail said he'd scare everyone out of there to y/n and I could sit in there alone. I knew I had the okay when I heard a girl screaming 'A RAT! RAT IN THE COMMON ROOM!' Followed by a large group of Gryffindor students running away. 'IT LOOKS LIKE IT HAS RABIES!' Another girl shouted. Wonder how Wormtail managed to make it look like he has rabies. 'Where are we headed now, Siri?' Y/n asked me. 'The common room, love.' I said as I took her hand. 'Did you not hear those girls screaming?' She asked, looking at me as if I was mental. 'Tell me y/n, how could an ordinary rat get in past the painting?' Once I said that she looked at me in disbelief. 'Did you make Wormtail do this to empty the common room?' She asked as she cocked an eyebrow. 'Maybe I did, maybe I didn't.' I said with a smirk. 'Of course' she chuckled. We walked in to see little heart decorations hanging from the ceiling and the fire was somehow pink. There was a note on the table sat beside a little box that I remember telling James to leave in the shack. The note read -

Didnt think we forgot this part, did you? The box is important! Anywayyy, even though you said just empty the common room, we got Wormtail to step it up a notch. Have fun with y/n!
~Moony and Prongs

I chuckled after reading it. Trust those two! 'What's so funny?' Y/n asked. 'Oh just Prongs and Moony, love.' I shrugged. I slowly wrapped one arm around her waist while grabbing the box with my other. 'So... has your opinion on Valentine's Day changed at all, love?' I asked. 'Well, I guess maybe Valentine's isn't so bad after all. It's been a fun day with you.' She smiled as she leaned her head on my shoulder. 'So.. I sorta have a gift for you..' I said quietly. 'Sirius.. you didn't have to! I didn't even get you anything..' she mumbled the last part. 'It doesn't matter to me if you got me anything y/n!' I said, pushing a couple strands of her y/h/c hair out of her face. 'I got you this..' I said as I gave her the box.

Reader's POV -

I took the box from Sirius and opened it to see a little note covering whatever was inside the box. The note said -

Hey Y/n, I know we're still pretty young but it felt like the right time. So basically, I got you a promise ring! I hope you like it. ~Your Siri

I looked down at the ring in disbelief. It was silver with a small red gem on top. 'Oh my goodness Sirius... I don't know what to say!' I said, still in shock. 'Well, will you wear it?' He asked me. 'Of course I'm gonna wear it!' I said as I pulled him into a hug. 'Thank you so so much Sirius. This means so much to me!' I'm quite sure I had a beaming smile on my face from that point on. Once I finally let Sirius go, he slipped the ring onto my finger and smiled proudly.

I really meant what I said earlier.

Maybe Valentine's isn't so bad after all!

A/N - Okay hi! Sorry it took a little longer than expected to get the chapter out! Writers block is the worst! But I want to say, thank you so so so much for 15k reads! That's a milestone I never thought in a million years I'd hit! Again, thank you so much! Stay safe and see you soon! ❤️