Enlightenment

Moving over to Kiara and with the rest of the pride, their situation had gotten a whole lot worse. With a few new members plotting to steal all of the lionesses' kill. Vitani and her friends had just returned from their daily hunt. A whole buffalo was no easy kill for them, it took coordination, sweat and luck to earn it. They can feed the entire pride for a day, including the new visitors, but they do not plan to share it with their guest's.

Tamaa, another member of Makosa's group, had an eye for the food that Vitani had retrieved. He sported a large mane, a bit lighter than his brothers and his fur coat was darker than usual, it tells his age. He was the oldest of the group but he wasn't anything to be disappointed of. His skill, agility and strength are still on parr with the younger members.

Tamaa walked over to the arriving huntresses and congratulate them.

"Well done, good the hunt." Tamaa spoke.

"Thanks but we'll be moving now." Vitani replied.

"Hey, come on now. Let's share it." Tamaa playfully replied

Apart from his sarcastic tone, his sarcasm says alot of him planning something malicious. Vitani didn't bother to reply and moved over to the side. But Tamaa continued to block her path.

"What do you want?" Vitani asked.

"What you got behind the you."

"No, no, no that is for Pridelanders only. You want your own food? Get them yourself bub. Besides, we got a pride to feed." Vitani replied.

"Or you can try to get through me." She intimidated.

"You? Do you really think you can stand against me? I'll tell you what, you and along with your friends try to pin me down, and if you somehow manage to, I'll leave you alone. But if you don't want any bloodshed, you can just give me the buffalo and you'll walk away unharmed."

Vitani was agitated being mocked. She could feel her claws slowly coming out of her paws from anger, and through that she could careless about her and her friends. She was about to hit Tamaa until Kiburi walked in and intervened.

"Vitani, forget about it, we'll just hunt again." Kiburi reasoned.

Vitani then realized that she'll be putting her entire hunting party at risk fighting Tamaa. Just by his confidence alone it tells her that he had done it before and that he could easily murder everyone in front of him in cold blood. But she let out a threatening glaze at Tamaa.

"This ain't over yet." She said and walked away.

"I knew you were smarter than that." Tamaa replied as Vitani walks pass him.

Moving over to Kiara, she has been forcefully engaged to Makosa and now she hoped that this burden of her will only be temporary. It would prove to her difficult though, Makosa is an obstacle. She wishes not to be any closer to Makosa let alone bear his cubs. Kiara lied in the den with her mother, contemplating.

Her mother, Nala had herself isolated from the pride and the new comers, especially to Makosa. But she still had to accompany her daughter. Even if she no longer had authority over Makosa, which added to her already bad situation. She can only hope for a miracle now. Both of them did.

Kiara thought to escape her depressing home for now and take a visit at Rafiki's tree. She stood and walked her way outside. But she was met with one of Makosa's member. The male stood tall infront of Kiara, similar fur color to the other members, but sporting a smaller mane. It was Uvivu or nicknamed "Uvi" One of the more laid-back lions of Makosa entourage.

"Where are you going?" The male asked.

"Uhm... going out hunting?" Kiara answered awkwardly.

The male a had a look of disbelief, it was obvious to him that she plans to do something else. But he couldn't careless about it. He gave Kiara a clear nod to let her know she can pass.

And so Kiara cautiously passess Uvi and heads her way to Rafiki's tree. After a few  moments after her departure, she was confused as to why no one tried to stop her, not even Makosa. She still went as the way she planned it. If no one is stopping her it's best not to bother with them then.

Upon Kiara's arrival at Rafiki's tree, it would seem that Timon, Pumbaa and Rafiki were as lively as they were before. Mingling with each other like they're in no serious situation. Kiara arrives at the foot of the tree and they all greet her.

"Kiara, what made you come by?" Pumbaa asked.

"Nothing really, I just needed to escape there." Kiara answered and tried to be positive.

"Hey, we're here for ya kid. You seem down, what happened over at Pride Rock?" Timon asked.

"Alot... Alot has happened, Timon." Kiara frowned.

"You don't seem to like the happenings... er... Why don't we talk about it then? You know, get that burden out of your chest by sharing a little soul right?"

"Well, alright. I did want to talk to you guys, everyone doesn't look so cheery back home." Kiara smiled.

"That is the spirit!" Rafiki added.

A few minutes later they started their conversation. It primarily revolved around Kiara and her situation. The others were baffled mostly by the recent news about Kiara being forcefully engaged to Makosa.

"I don't know if there'll be any good news after this." Kiara said in a depressing tone.

"Well, by the looks of it, it's pretty slim if I gotta be honest." Timon truthfully said and got a nudge from his pal Pumbaa.

"Just stating the facts, Pumbaa." He said as a reply to Pumbaa's nudge.

"Yeah, seems so."

"Yes, as true this may seem, there is no saying that hope is not around the corner. Life can hit us hard but we always get up, ya?" Rafiki back at it again with his amazing wording.

"That is how all things in life works, you stand up again and keep on walking on the path."

Kiara felt the positivity of Rafiki, better yet she also felt enlightened.

"Thanks, Rafiki. I knew you'd cheer me up." Kiara smiled.

"Alright, leave it to the monkey when it comes to enlightenment." Timon complimented.

"Anyway, thanks for the chat. I really appreciate you guys looking out for me, especially now when I need cheering the most."

"Like I said kid, we're here for you." Timon replied.

"Visit whenever you want, Kiara. You are always welcome in Rafiki's home." Rafiki added.

"Well, I better get going. Mom's probably worried sick that I've run off. More so to Makosa."

"See you soon then." Pumbaa added.

"Yeah, bye." Kiara bid her goodbye to them.

Kiara came in partially depressed and left in a cheery mood. All she needed was support and dash of positivity. Of course it won't help her in her current situation but it's worth while to put a smile on someone else's face.

A few moments later, Kiara had arrived back at Pride Rock. She saw the newcomer lions guarding Pride Rock, every corner has been occupied one of seven of Makosa's group. She doesn't worry about them since they'll just let her  pass anyway.

Kiara passes the male who was guarding the ground entrance of Pride Rock.  She got up and luckily no one was around the entrance of the den, and so their den too, with Nala, who was dozing, being the only current occupant.

Kiara lied down right next to her sleeping mother. She had closed her eyes and prayed that tomorrow will be just as good as the one Rafiki says it.

The Pridelanders could only hope for a miracle now. Makosa's members are too much of a threat than that already are. Slowly, the new members were starting to get comfortable around in Pride Rock and is slowly taking advantage of them by the hour. Soon enough Makosa's members will join his journey of treason and conquer along with the Pridelanders being spare blood.

They all wished for a miracle.

END OF CHAPTER