The Funeral

It was truly a tragic day for the Pridelands. They have recently lost a king, a king who they respected, looked up for, and loved. It was the following day after their conflict. Almost no one had any decent sleep, especially for Nala, Kiara and Kovu. It was nearly impossible for them to shut and dry their eyes. The pain was too much.

Kovu along with Zazu, went to see Rafiki, Timon and Pumbaa to deliver the news. Kovu's face was still stained with his tears and his body mildly bruised. Timon and Pumbaa were happily mingling with each other not knowing that their friend has passed.

Timon and Pumbaa noticed Kovu walk up to them and they expected good news.

"Kovu! How are you doing buddy? Did you do it? We free to go home now? By the looks of those bruises looks like it is." Timon positively said.

Kovu couldn't crack a smile, nor did Zazu.

"Where's Simba?" Pumbaa asked.

Kovu didn't know how to break it up to them. He had no words on how to relay it. All the sadness was evident of both Kovu and Zazu's face.

"He's... Simba's gone." Kovu spoke.

"Gone? What do you mean gone?" Timon asked once more.

"He is no longer with us unfortunately." Zazu spoke.

The positivity on Timon and Pumbaa's faces suddenly shifted to shock and soon after sadness. Rafiki then joined in and noticed the upsetting atmosphere of the group. He walked up to Kovu and asked.

"Kovu? What has happened?"

This time Kovu couldn't handle it anymore and he broke down into tears.

"Simba?" Rafiki looked to Zazu and he nodded in disapproval, along with Timon and Pumbaa's depressing expression.

Rafiki finally got the message it and it took him by surprise. He felt sorrowful.

"I am sorry. You have my condolences."

Later that day...

It was partially early through the day, everyone has gathered around to where the conflict and where Simba's deceased figure lay. Rafiki has covered him with large leaves as it is through tradition. He spoke and lead the prayer. He reached out to the great kings of the past, to guide Simba in the afterlife.

As Rafiki continued on, among the crowd were all the Pridelanders showing respect and empathy. Infront were the Nala, Kiara, Kovu, Timon and Pumbaa along with Timon's mother and his Uncle Max, who held their sorrowful cries, but even then they couldn't prevent themselves from shedding their tears and sniffles.
Vitani, Shika and Kiburi sat right behind them. Shika and Kiburi both had their heads down. Vitani on the other hand retained a strong and serious expression. Although she didn't feel much of the king's death, seeing her brother Kovu in tears really set the tone for her.

Along with the crowd was the Highland Pride's previous king Akili, current king Sijui, their royal mjuzi Ponya and the rest of Kijana's guard and their majordomo Kipanga. They all attended to pay their respects to the fallen king. Akili was hurt the most out of the Highland Pride, seeing how history repeated itself. Simba, the son of his friend Mufasa both died tragically. Sijui on the other hand felt guilty for refusing to help, the least he could do was atleast attend his funeral. Kijana felt bad for Kovu. Only now she realised that Kovu wasn't Simba's biological son, yet their connection was similar to those of a real father and son. Either way, she felt empathic towards Kovu.

"And now, a word from the members of the royal family." Rafiki concluded and moved to give way to the ones who will speak.

Nala came first.