Endgame (Part 2)

It was the following day, Simba and Kovu were early to resume their journey back home. They were nearly home, only a few more hours were needed. Simba had noticed that Kovu has been really quiet lately, not even asking what will their next move be. He assumed Kovu was just plotting something that could turn the tables for them. But he couldn't know for sure. Kovu on the other hand really was plotting, but it was something Simba couldn't agree on. He was willing to put his life on the line for everyone in Pride Rock, for his pride, his family. And so he kept his mouth shut.

"You alright?" Simba broke the silence.

"I'm fine... I'm just thinking." Kovu answered.

"Don't worry, it won't be long until I get up and running again. Then I'll throw Makosa off the throne."

Kovu remained silent.

*sigh* "I know it's been rough lately, but I don't want you getting hurt. You don't deserve that kind of beating. It's my duty as parent, and as a father to keep you safe. Besides, I don't know what I'd do if I lost you, especially for Kiara." Simba spoke sincerely.

"Don't worry, I'm passed that." Kovu replied with smile.

"That's the spirit."

Of course it was only according to Kovu's plan, making him convinced that he won't be going anywhere. But he was morte than willing to go and fight Makosa alone, even if he dies in the process. It's worth the shot.

Meanwhile back at the Pridelands, around Rafiki's tree. Kiara was just waking up, she was rather surprised to see Timon still dozing off right beside her left paw. It was odd, but it did put a smile on her face. She was in a better mood for today, certainly better than yesterday but she couldn't help but feel the anxeity build up once again. She couldn't stay in Rafiki's forever. Her mother will be worried about her absence, more so for the tyrant back at Pride Rock.

She lifted her head from the ground and let out a small yawn. At the same time Timon awoke by the movements of Kiara.

"Good morning." Kiara said in a positive tone.

"You too, Kiara." Timon replied.

"Slept well last night?" Timon inquired.

"I did fine, felt like I had company."

"I thought you needed it, so I slept beside you."

"Thanks, Timon."

A few seconds later, Kiara stood and stretched her body, preparing herself for the new day. She didn't plan to stay any longer so she informed Timon for her departure.

"I guess I better get going."

"Now? Don't you think it's a little bit early?"

"It's alright, I gotta get back somehow or mom's gonna get hurt. Makosa will think that I ran away, and he won't like it."

"Well, good luck then."

Kiara departed from Rafiki's tree. On her way back Pride Rock, she remembered the deal that she and Makosa had for today. It scared her, she needed something to get it out of her mind. Luckily as Pride Rock closes in, she saw Vitani with the hunting party with their daily hunt. She wished to join them.

"Kiara?" Shika noticed from a distance.

"Kiara! Where have you been? You disappeared yesterday, we thought something must've happened to you." Kiburi exclaimed.

"It's alright guys, I'm doing fine. I just needed to get away from someone."

"It's getting worse isni it." Shika asked.