Am I Ready

Simba and Kovu had been on their way back to Pride Rock after the "talk" earlier.
They came to view with a certain lioness waiting at the foot of Pride Rock. It was none other than Kovu's significant other, Kiara. She seemed excited for their arrival.

"Hey, you two are back." Kiara greeted and nuzzled her mate.

"Are we telling them today?"

"Yeah, my moms waiting inside." Kiara whispered to Kovu. The soft and mysterious chatter made Simba a little suspicious.

"And, what is this "talk" about?" Simba intervened.

"We'll tell you inside." Kiara replied and proceeded her way up Pride Rock.

Simba had a skeptical expression in his face while Kovu did his best not to look suspicious. Both of them reached the top and the den of theirs was completely empty with the exception of Nala and Kiara. Kiara couldn't help but smile with excitement.

Simba sat beside Nala and Kovu did the same for Kiara.

"So what's is "this" about?" Nala inquired.

"Right, I hope both of you are ready." Kovu answered.

"Ready about what?"

Kiara could no longer contain her excitement and enthusiasm.

"To be grandparents of course." She spilled.

"What?" Both of them are genuinely puzzled.

Kiara laughed. "I'm expecting cubs!"

Nala instantaneously was filled with joy and that she felt proud of her own daughter. Simba on the other hand had his jaw wide open and remained still but is flabbergasted by the unexpected news. As Nala came towards Kiara and Kovu to congratulate them, they can't help but notice that his mate hasn't moved nor said anything.

"I think your father is surprised, Kiara." Nala sarcastically spoke.

"Hey, dad. You alright?"

"I..I-I'm fine. I...I didn't expect this to happen, and....and...and how long have you been like this?" He stuttered.

"About a month now, dad." Kiara chuckled.

*Gasp* "I'm gonna be an uncle sooner than I thought." He said nervously to himself.

"Not yet, relax, I'm still your daughter and it's still a long way before they'll be running around." Kiara reassuringly replied.

"Yes, but our daughter is now a mother, I'm so proud of you dear. And Kovu will soon be a father ain't that right?"

"Yes ma'am." Kovu replied.

"I better tell this to everyone." Nala quickly exited their den and proceeded to inform the others.

"No, no, no, mom. Wait!" Kiara pleaded for her mother to stop but she already left.

As Nala left, Timon and Pumbaa overheard the conversation and decided to intervene.

"What's this I heard about Kiara getting cubs?" Timon started

"Yes, she is." Kovu answered.

"Great! Back at the babysitting industry again." Timon replied sarcastically.

"C'mon Timon, atleast we have fun babysitting them right?" Pumbaa spoke.

"That only applies to you, Pumbaa. You have fun babying them around, while they play with me and use me as a toy."

"Well, I guess my little girl is all grown up and starting her own family." Simba said and felt a little blue.

"Dad what's wrong?"