Afraid

As Kiara watched Kovu and Simba leave the Pridelands, she let out sigh, hoping that things might get better soon. If only it wasn't a thought. All she had to do now was wait. Kiara had an expression of doubt on her face, Timon noticed it and couldn't stop himself from reassuring Kiara.

"Hey, everything's gonna be alright." Timon reassured.

"Yeah, thanks. I just really wish this was over." Kiara replied.

"Are we going back to Pride Rock now Timon?" Pumbaa asked.

"I don't think so pal." Timon answered.

"Yeah, it's best if you two stay here with Rafiki for now."

"Yes, with old Rafiki you are guaranteed to not have a bad time." Rafiki intervened.

"She's right Pumbaa, we can't really do much. We're basically just free food for them."

"Well, you do have a point." Pumbaa acknowledged.

"Well, I better get going. See you guys." Kiara bid her goodbye.

"We'll be right here if you need us." Timon replied.

Moments after leaving Rafiki's tree, Kiara arrived back at Pride Rock. It would seem that Makosa and his group didn't get the chance to explore certain parts of the Pridelands. She can't complain though, it was for the better that they didn't. She thought of sending Kovu and her father away was unnecessary at first but then the thought of Makosa's group casually strolling around the Pridelands made her feel like she had done the right thing. Then again, they still had to ask for assistance from their nearest pride neighbor.

As Kiara walked closer to Pride Rock, a certain member of Makosa's group spotted and tackled her. Kiara was caught off guard as she thought that they would let her pass considering that she is a resident of Pride Rock. The lion had his paw on her throat keeping her down to the ground.

"Who are you?! Why have you come here?!"

The lion angrily asked, but was  unable to make words with a paw on her throat. Moments later, all of Makosa's members approached them. Kiara was choking and struggling to breathe.

"Let her go, Hasira." Uchoyo ordered.

"But she's an intruder!" A lion with the name Hasira replied.

"You can't tell that she's an intruder if you're choking her." Uchoyo reasoned.

"Right, like were to supposed to believe whatever she says. Big deal." Hasira still refused.

"That's enough." A familiar voice was heard.

"What?"

"I said that's enough." Makosa stepped in and Hasira followed his demand.

Kiara took a deep breath and started coughing trying to regain the normal intake of air.

"Are you alright, Kiara?" Makosa inquired.

"I'm fine." She said dryly and quickly escaped them.

"Who was she?" Wivu asked.

"She's the princess of Pride Rock."

Makosa then proceeded to slap Hasira. The impact proved to be powerful as he fell to the ground upon receiving the slap.

"You idiot! What did heck were you thinking?!" Makosa scolded him.

"I'm sorry, I- I didn't know who she was." Hasira apologized, and a slight sound of fear was present in his speech.

Makosa then proceeded to climb Pride Rock to apologize to Kiara. As he reached the top and straight to the den's entrance, he was greeted by Nala, with an expression of anger.

"What did you do to Kiara?!" Nala demanded to know.

"I'm sorry, but it wasn't my doing. Can I see your daughter?"

"Absolutely not! You will never speak to her again."

The heat between Nala and Makosa seem to be rising, it's only a matter of time before someone strikes first. Good thing Kiara intervened and prevented it.

"What do you want?" Kiara asked.

"Kiara, get back in the den this isn't your conversation." Nala ordered.

"No, let him talk. What do you want, Makosa?"

"Look, about what happened earlier, I'm sorry about that." Makosa apologized.

"Okay, apology accepted." Kiara said dryly and turned her back on him.

"I'm not finished yet. I was thinking that to prevent that from happening again. Why don't you and I announce that we're together." Makosa offered.

"What do you say.... My queen?" He concluded.

Nala once again intervened.

"How hilarious! Firstly, you are not going to get anywhere near my daughter, and secondly she will never be with you."

"You know I'm just about done with your nagging, maybe you should shut up!" Makosa then proceeded to slap Nala.

"Mom!" Kiara yelled as her mother fell to the ground fazed.

"What do you think you're doing?! You can't just hit us whenever you want to!" Kiara stood up for her mother.

"Apparently I can. Now I wasn't asking when I asked you to be my queen. So let me rephrase that. You are going to be my queen and you are gonna give me cubs." He continued.

Makosa's demands shook Kiara.

"You can decline it if you want to, but know that your mother won't like that answer. Be my queen and I'll never land a paw over your mother. That's a promise." He concluded.

Kiara was in a tough situation, of course she had no choice. She thought of her mother, Kiara wanted her to be safe, and so she chose to accept.

"Fine, I'll be your queen.... and I'll give you your cubs, just don't ever hurt my mother or anyone in our pride." Kiara said firmly.

"Kiara, no." Nala pleaded to her daughter to reconsider.

"It's okay mom, I just want you safe."

"That's a deal I'm willing to accept."

"Kiara, you didn't have to do this. What if he realizes that-" Nala was interrupted.

"It's fine mom, I just can't stand seeing you get hurt."

Nala didn't reply but gave a warm and loving smile to her instead.

"My queen, come let us announce our newly found relationship." Makosa called.

Kiara then proceeded to follow his orders. She was being held against her will and is desperate for hope. Kiara was incredibly afraid of what might happen to both of them in the future. Her thoughts were filled with possible scenarios on how to ditch and hide from Makosa.

But unfortunately, she could only thought of it. Makosa is a hard obstacle to pass through. Lying to him will prove to be difficult for her. If only Kiara could wish a miracle.

END OF CHAPTER