Guests

Returning to Simba's former majordomo. The Pridelands had just appeared on his view while in mid flight. Accompanying six lions, each one had their distinct features that set them apart. Despite having the opportunity to divert these lions to somewhere else, that does not seem to be a friend of theirs, he remained loyal to whoever sits on their throne, friend or foe. Not only that it is also not practical for him. He gets the consequences even if he diverts the lions or return home and not follow orders.

THREE DAYS EARLIER

Zazu was ordered to gather Makosa's brothers. He ventured to the far south in hope to find his pride near the cliffs as Makosa described it. Hours have passed, while in mid air, he saw the cliffs just like Makosa said. After a few minutes, he hadn't saw anything yet. He almost doubted Makosa and thought that this was only a trick to get him lost. But that wasn't the case. As Zazu flew further south, he found the pride he was looking for. He wasn't sure at first as he isn't familiar with the land and so is the name of the pride. It looked like the land is experiencing a mild drought but their surroundings and resources were stable. The occupants of the pride seemed alright as well, they were thriving like any other animal but one thing stood out. They all look thin, like they've barley eaten in days. It proved to be strange for Zazu.

Zazu came and landed in the middle of the pride. A few lionesses saw his arrival. None seemed to be interested in a foreign bird. The lionesses nearby looked surprised, like a shine of hope arriving to them.

"Greetings, I am Zazu, the royal majordomo. I came here on behalf of King Makosa." Zazu greeted formally.

The lionesses quietly gasped. Zazu was confused about their sudden reaction to the name he mentioned.

"May I ask who is incharge?" Zazu asked in a doubtful tone.

"I am." A deep voice spoke.

"Uchoyo." The lion introduced himself.

Uchoyo had the same likes as Makosa only having a different mane color and being smaller, but it gave off the same menacing aura.

"I am incharge as of now. What brings you here bird?" He menacingly said.

"First off, I'm a dodo and second, I came here to announce that Makosa wishes for his brothers to come to the Pridelands." Zazu announced sarcastically, intentionally misidentifying himself.

As Zazu mentioned his home name, everyone nearby gasped and started gossiping.

"Great, we'll talk in the den." Uchoyo turned around and went to their then and expected for Zazu to follow.

Zazu stood for a while to have a distance between him. But before he could take off from the ground a lioness walked up to him.

"Please we need your help." A lioness spoke in a distressed and desperate manner.

"We're being tormented here. You're from the Pridelands, you can help us." She concluded.

Zazu couldn't reply, even if he had the opportunity to report back to the Pridelands, as their pride is a victim of Makosa's doing.

"You've been over run." The lioness realized.

Zazu nodded and flew away. The heart broken expression on the lioness continued was visible and she felt the loss of hope. Zazu while flying looked back at her and felt guilty not being able to do anything to help them. But he regained composure and arrived at the designated den.

"Has he gone mad?!" Uchoyo growled.

"I'm afraid I can't quite answer that question." Zazu replied.

"Did he request for all of us?"