The Talk

It was the usual day in the Pridelands, the calm wind flowing by, the regular african ambience of the savannah. Kiara was relaxing with the other lions in an area where they usually gather behind  Pride Rock. She sat with her friends, mainly gossiping.

"So where's your one and only?" Kiburi, a friend of hers asked.

"Oh you know, out and about with my dad. The usual." Kiara nonchalantly replied.

"They're weirdly spending alot of time together now." Shika, another friend of hers spoke.

"Yeah, he's being serious about stuff being king and all. Glad that's over for me." Kiara replied.

Moments later Vitani, who just came back after a hunt, entered the group.

"Hey, Vitani." All of them said in unison.

"So how was hunting?" Kiara started.

"The usual, almost too easy for me."

"I wish I was as good as you." Shika envying Vitani."

"With your skill, Vitani you could give them some advices." Kiara suggested.

"You mean teaching? I don't know, I don't think I'll be that good anyway."

"Are you kidding? You'll do great, it's easy to teach something when you're good at it." Kiburi replied.

"Okay, I'll give it a shot, but I gotta warn you, it ain't gonna be that easy." Although being serious, she said it with the tone of sarcasm.

All three of them laughed at the idea and Kiara did as well.

"Great, you'll be teaching my kids someday." She said whilst giggling with the others.

Moments later laughter turned into silence and their view came to Kiara, and every each one of them looked serious.

"You're having kids?!" All three of them said in unison.

It was a surprise to them. A friend of theirs was expecting cubs and they all congratulated her with excitement.

"Oh my! Congratulations! I'll be the aunt!" Shika spoke.

"Hey now, don't forget about auntie Kiburi."

"I think you all are celebrating too early. That's still a long way to go."

"Does Kovu knows about this." Vitani asked.

"Of course he does, we kept it as a secret. We're telling my parents when they get back." Kiara replied.

"I just hope my parents don't freak out or anything."

Moving over to Kovu and Simba. They have been strolling allong the borders of the Pridelands. It was another usual day with Kovu's daily lecture on how to be a proper and good king, given by none other than Simba himself.

"Kovu, did you know that our pride is the biggest out of all our neighboring prides?" Simba started a question.

"No. I didn't know that." He answered honestly.

"Well, it's time we get to know our neighboring prides. Starting from the north all the way to the south. Including how we gained peace in all of them."

"We're friends with different prides?"

"Yes, for a long time now actually. Even before my father. It's important that our friendship with theirs remain strong."

"Why? So we can ask for their help?" Kovu jokingly replied, but turned out to be a lucky guess.

"Lucky guess, Kovu. But yes. If there was a time that we needed support, we would seek help from them, and we help them too in return. It is important that we respect them." He chuckled.