Chapter Seventeen

LISA

~Two Years later~

"Lisa?" The shock on her face makes me literally laugh as she scans me from head to toe. I am about to hug her, but her expression changes from shock and surprise to anger and bitterness one suddenly. "You idiot! You ran away from your so-called best friend without even a word?!" She shouts, having closed the door behind her with an accusation in her voice.

I stand up from my desk, walking slowly to her. "Let me explain."

Six years have passed with two more years within it that I have been working so hard before setting up my company in Korean successfully. It's still small, but I try my best, putting all of my efforts until it takes off a bit. Well, not a bit.

A lot.

The company is flourishing now.

I haven't thought that it would pay off this fast, but as soon as I got the opportunity, I came here. There are many things and many people in Korean that I miss too much to live in the US forever.

Firstly, I have my only family here, and I am happy to be in the same country with her if I can't be in the same house with her like before.

Aunt Dara seems happy and satisfied when I saw her last month, being with her family because finally, they could live together.

I don't live together in the same home with her like I said because it turns out that she loves rural area more than an urban area that has many buildings, so I bought her some land that she could plant trees and many things she wants. Besides, one of her children is back with her now. Apparently, she got divorced and came back to her mother at the end of the day.

I thought she would get pissed at the woman, which is her daughter for leaving her like she's something not worth it, but the time the woman brought the little one with her, Dara's expression changed drastically. She loves her grandson, and even though I wanted to beg her to live with me in the spacious and luxurious while too-empty-for-one-person condo, I couldn't.

All I could give her back is some land and some cash to start a small farm with her daughter and grandson, and the promises of visiting her as much as possible when I am not busy with works.

Now, that I open my company and need some more investors. Never have I thought that Jisoo's company is interested in mine. Not to mention the fact that she doesn't know that it's me who is the owner.

"Sit first, Jisoo." I sit on the couch, waiting for her to follow my request as she scowls before sitting across me in my office. "I'm glad you chose my company to invest in, Ms. Kim." I joke, but she doesn't utter a word as she looks away.

A moment later, I mumble, knowing that she's still furious at me. "I am sorry. I didn't have a choice. You know why I did that."

"Jennie." A name escapes her lips as my heart beats so fast, hearing it. For six years, I never know that she still has the same effect on me.

I sigh before answering. "Yep."

"Maybe, you could have just told me... something... I don't know. Just a letter or two. Something that shows we were best friends. I was your best friend, the one you claimed you would always remember." She finally looks at me with sadness swimming in her eyes.

I lean back a bit, biting my lip in resentment of my decision. "I couldn't blame you for this, Jisoo. You are my best friend for the rest of your life whether you want it or not. But, if it's too much to even look at my face, then I have no right to ask you to work-"

Then, her tears flow down her face as she stands up and hugs me. "Idiot! I love you. You are my best friend. Why shouldn't I give you another chance?" She tries to laugh but turning out as a sob. "I miss you so much. You don't know how proud I am to see you this good."

I hug her back. My emotion hits in as I cry as well. "Thank you, Jisoo. I love and miss you too." As we pull back, I ask her more. "How about the others?" She wipes her tears, smiling like a freak she is. "Rosé and Jennie."

Jisoo doesn't change a bit. She's still the girl I consider my best friend. She still loves me and forgives me, but I only hope that it happens the same to the others, well the certain brunette.

"Rosé won't get angry at you for so long, you know that. She's still the girl I love who is soft-hearted and kind." Her radiant smile turns to a sour one when she continues, "But, the other one." She shakes her head. "She won't take it easy like us. You know that, Lisa."

I smile sadly, "I understand."

Something in her eyes shows me that something is off, but she shakes it off, bringing up anything else to talk about. "Look like we don't need to discuss anymore. Now that I know you are my old buddy, the nerd who is so conscientious beyond belief. I will invest in your company."

"Really? Don't want to read some terms and conditions?" I ask, handing her the documents.

She takes it from me before replying, "I'll read it later but on one condition."

I raise my brow in confusion.

"Let's have dinner together. I'll send the address to you later. Give me your phone,"

After exchanging numbers, Jisoo leaves with a grin on her face.

I slump back on the couch, suddenly feeling so excited and anxious about the dinner.

Will she come?

Will she forgive me?

Does she miss me like I miss her every single second and day?

Six years already, and I miss her too much to even wait for another second to come.