Chapter Forty-Seven

LISA

Last night to me feels like a dream. A good one since I have been in this terrible back and forth of this marriage with Jennie. It seems like the drought goes away, and the storms calm down when the flourishing season of flowers and trees and nature come back.

When I open my eyes and stare at the ceiling, I smile slightly feeling Jennie's head on my shoulder. The scent consuming me is so good. Hugging her from behind, I feel so content and so happy beyond what I have believed is happiness.

Jennie.

My Jennie.

Everything goes by so quickly. Some of them are sad, and some of them are happy memories we will cherish forever.

While looking at nothing but the white color of my place, I think about a few things that are in my mind, which I don't know how to deal with before. It messes up my mind a lot since what I have been through for the last several months.

Me leaving Jennie.

Jennie leaving Mino.

Me coming back and be with Jennie.

However, I can't help but ask myself why it happens the way it is. As cliché as it sounds, I feel like anything happens for a reason.

The presence is more important than anything else.

She is mine now.

After a decade of waiting and a lot of things going on between us, finally we have become one. As I think I feel her hand brushing against my back with her face snuggling against my neck. I smile, pulling her back to look at her cute morning face that I love the most.

I have to admit that I used to get up early to just look at her face when we first married. Those times are the times I love the most when our relationship was not good. She didn't look at me, and I didn't have the gut to initiate the conversation.

She blinks a few times to adjust to the sunlight against the white walls before looking at me with soft and affectionate eyes.

How I wish I could have that forever.

"Are you okay?" I ask, giving her a small smile.

She pulls me to kiss her before answering, "It's my first time. Of course, it's a little sore."

"I am sorry, Jennie." I smile, not knowing she would give me this kind of answer.

Then, she bites her bottom lip nervously. "No, that's okay. I am glad that I did it with you...someone I love." I laugh softly, affected by her profound words. "I love you too. I always do." I kiss her forehead as she hugs me tightly.

"Let's start fresh." She mumbles softly but makes sure that it's enough for me to hear.

"The beginning part, you mean?" I amuse. "Do I need to court you or not?"

She snorts playfully before questioning some kind of provocative remark. "What did you do to me last night already passes the courtship, idiot."

I laugh, tracing my hand down to her butt giving it a light squeeze as she gasps in shock. "What are you doing?"

"I thought we pass the courtship already?" I pout. "But, that doesn't give you the right to do that to me—" She exclaims.

"I did that a lot last night, and you didn't seem to complain much about it..." Then, her cheeks flush as she covers her face with her tiny hands. "You pervert."

I look at her face, feeling extremely loved and affectionate toward my wife. How can someone be this perfect like her? I am so lucky, and I don't know what I do to deserve her anyway.

"But, you are my pervert. Only mine. You are not allowed to be with anyone else, okay? You will never leave me again. I have already proved my love. Can you be with me forever?" She says with a vulnerable tone looking at me with a serious gaze.

I smile, caressing her cheeks. Her eyes are soft, and her breath is calm before she gasps in shock when I lean down to give her a slight kiss on her lips. "I love you, and you will always be mine, and I am always yours. I love you too much to be able to leave you, honey." I assure her as she kisses me back, muffling her soft sigh against my mouth.

After making love to her for another hour or two. The second passionate time we spend together exhausts us to the point where I am late for work, but anyway I still get up to make brunch and bring it to her. "Hungry?" I smile, amused at her so adorable face.

Her sleepy eyes are so cute, and her face is so gorgeous as she nods.

"I put the tray here on the table. Eat it when you want. I think I would head to the office a bit." As I am about to get up to leave for work, she grabs my hand. "I love you, don't forget that. Come back as early as you can. I make dinner for you, wife."

I chuckle at her adorableness as I lean down to kiss her forehead before leaving.

As I look at her face, I know she wants to ask me many questions for me to answer, but I am sure she halts because she doesn't want anything to flaw our relationship any further.

However, I will do my best to fix this chance she gives me. I love her, and I will do my best to be with her this time.

I smile while walking to the entrance of my condo before calling Lucas to bring me to work.

"You look great today, ma'am." He steals a glance at the rearview mirror, beaming at me.

"Well, I got back my love."

"I am sorry to ask, but you'll be back here now?" He asks while driving off.

"Yeah, my wife is waiting for me. She makes dinner for me tonight. How can I not want to be there with her? You tell me, Lucas."

We both laugh and talk a few moments more until we arrive at my company.

Life couldn't be any happier and content for me.