Chapter Thirty-Six

LISA

After having finished cooking, I put the food on the tray before bringing it to the bedroom. The sight in front of my eyes has me so smitten. Jennie is sleeping peacefully on the bed with her arm around the pillow and her hair brushing her cute kitten-like face.

It reminds me again.

That's why I love cats so much.

It's funny and adorable that she is so similar to those kittens.

It's a bit kinky I know, but it's not what you think it is, though.

I love her for who she is. The girl who loves, or loved me even though I had nothing at that time. The girl who didn't back off when she knew I was nobody, and still was with me.

Putting the tray on the edge of the bed, I pace to her, gazing at her face before leaning down to give her a slight kiss on her nose, scared that she might wake up to see me in this ridiculously love-struck face.

"Jennie." I tap her shoulder lightly after standing back as she opens her eyes and slowly sits up. "Sorry, I slept." She replies.

"You don't have to. It's okay; you seemed too exhausting anyway. "I smile before taking the tray to put it on my lap. "Let's eat together." She nods in response before we devour the food silently but comfortably together.

"Lisa, Mino and I have already broken up." She mumbles slightly after I came back from taking the plates to the sink.

Finally, she looks at me as if anticipating my response.

I am beyond shock now if you ask me how I feel now.

"Really?" I stammer, not believing what I have heard.

She frowns in annoyance, "Come on, Lisa. Even if I d-don't love you anymore, I can't marry you and date somebody else at the same time. It's just not right."

"Okay." I say, clearing my throat. "You are waiting for our divorce or something before you go back to him again?"

"Lisa." She scowls in anger. "Why are you like this? I just told you this to make you feel better, but look like you don't think the same way as I do."

"I just asked, Jennie. Last time, I saw Mino. He still looked like he was hoping to have you back." I bury my face into my hands. "Sorry, Jennie. I am an ass."

She comes nearer to where I sit as she pats my shoulder slightly, "Lisa, don't be like that. As much as I don't love you, I don't want to see you hurt because of me."

But, it's already hurt to know that you don't love me anymore.

"Jennie, can you give me a chance?" I ask, looking at her uncertain face. "Given the fact that you are not dating him anymore, can we just start this again?"

She looks away, avoiding my gaze. "I was with Mino for two years. Lisa, technically speaking, we never were together. You never asked me to be your girlfriend."

"Okay..." I mumble hopelessly.

When I am about to get up, she grabs my hand. "Give me some time, Lisa. I'll try my best to fix this..." She motions between us. "As much as I can."

I smile, leaning down to kiss her cheek. "Thank you very much, Jennie."

"You know you are so bold for a girl who I just said I am going to try to forgive her." She jokes, but I grab her face in between my hands. "I love you. I don't want to lose you. No matter how hard it would be, I would try my best as well, to make you forgive me. To make you see that everything that I did even if I know it's just an excuse of me being so selfish, I want you to know that a big part of it is because I stupidly thought it was what made us happy and flourish."

Slowly, I kiss her lips again.

It feels so nice, being able to do that often. "See, I never kiss another girl besides you."

"Never?"

"Never."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Is it enough for you to forgive me, huh?" I tickle her waist as she giggles in response, showing her gummy smile that I haven't noticed that I miss so much. "I would never ever kiss another woman that is not you, Jennie. One more thing is no one is gonna want to kiss me, anyway. So, if in the future it happens, and it will happen that you forgive me, don't worry."

She looks soft, and as I am about to savor her lips again, her phone cuts us off.

"Pick it up," I smile and let her have privacy.

A few minutes later, I see Jennie walking out of the room with a pale face as I rush to hold her arm, scared that she might fall if I don't do so. "What's wrong, Jennie?"

"M-Mino. He was in a car accident. Now, he is in a hospital, and we don't know whether he will survive or not." Then, she breaks down, crying and sobbing in my arms uncontrollably.

"I'll take you to the hospital then." I offer as she nods in response.

"Where is he?" As soon as we arrive in front of the emergency room, Jennie rush toward a middle-aged woman looking similar to Mino, which I assume is Mino's mother.

The woman sobs before stammering out the words. "The doctor is trying his best to save him. God only knows if he could survive or not."

"How come? I mean, how could he be in a car accident? Mino drives very carefully." Jennie sits beside the woman as I stand there not knowing what exactly I need to do now.

"He is drunk. The bartender told us that he was heartbroken, which I am not sure why because my boy is extremely happy when he is with you. You are his girlfriend; you should know why, right?" The woman asks as my wife's face couldn't become any paler.

Mino didn't tell his mom that Jennie had broken up with him yet.

"We broke up already, ma-am."

"Why? He didn't tell me that." She asks, shock all over her face.

Then, Jennie turns to me, holding my arm. "I already got married. This is my wife."

"Y-you." She stammers, "Mino loves you so much. He always talks and cares about you. Why did you break his heart? What did he do wrong that made you break up with him?"

"I had to get married. I am sorry," Jennie cries, but the woman turns away. "Leave now. Don't ever show up to me again." She shouts, but Jennie doesn't do anything.

Instead.

She looks at me, and I get what she wants now. "Leave, Lisa."

She wants me to leave.

I nod, walking as fast as I can without looking back.

With one sentence in my mind.

Life is unpredictably awful.