Chapter Twenty-Three

LISA

"Lisa, you really look like some billionaire, rich as fuck in the movie I have watched with Rosé last night." Jisoo says, standing beside me on the big day of mine. "Shut up, Jisoo. I am absolutely nervous. Anyway, you watched a movie with your girlfriend while I couldn't sleep at all?" I utter trembly, wiping my palm with my black pants Dara chose for today.

"Come on, you get to marry your lover even before me. What makes you this nervous about, huh?" She grabs my shoulder, looking at me straight into my eyes. "You know why, Jisoo." I put my hand on hers before continuing, "Anyway, thank you for being here with me."

She scowls at me, shaking her head in disapproval. "Don't think that way, Lisa. I know Jennie still loves you to some extent even if not like before. I know some part of her still belongs to you. Just believe in yourself. Smile, Lisa. Get it over with. You deserve your own happiness, after all."

"But, Jisoo. About Mino-"

Generally, I don't really care about him, but until this day, I feel a little apprehensive about how he feels. He doesn't do anything wrong, yet I rip Jennie away instantly from him out of nowhere.

"Shh, I am the one who planned all of this. If Jennie gets mad at you, tell her that's all my idea. I'd rather have her hate me than hating you."

This time, I look away. "It's not your fault. I am the one who wants to do it. If she wants to hate me, then let her be. I will do everything in my power to gain back her love. I can't live without her, Jisoo." I turn back to her, trying to hold back my tears.

"Don't cry, monkey. It's your wedding day. You need to be beautiful and all. Don't make me ashamed of myself for not being able to comfort my best friend when she's so nervous to the point where she can't control herself and cries."

I swat her shoulder lightly, "You know that's not the point."

After a while...

Jisoo stands beside me while Rosé is next to my bride, whose face is covered by the veil. There aren't many people here because it seems like the only person among the two of us is me who is extremely excited about that. Jennie, she doesn't even talk to me after she left my office that day.

I can't blame her, though.

However, something that digs into my heart more is the fact that for the last three weeks she went away with Mino to have holidays in Hawaii, and only went back yesterday. No one told me besides that one person, of course.

She sent me a message with a picture of her and Mino making out on the beach with a text.

Hawaii is so sunny today. The night with red wine and a romantic dinner will also be good too. Do you think we can do more than that, honey?

Opp!

Wrong numbers.

Sorry!

It was so painful, but I told no one about that even Jisoo and Rosé. That's what I get for breaking others. If I want to play through this game, I have to risk hurting myself.

"Take off the veil, idiot." Jisoo whispers as my hands trembling before taking the damn thing off my wife's face. The sight shocks me to the core. She is absolutely gorgeous. Her eyes are sharper than I remember, and her cheeks are a little less chubby than I know.

Her dress is flawless.

Everything and everyone is perfect.

Dara and her grandchild.

Her parents. Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim are there clapping their hands in delight, which is a little weird to me, given the fact that I have never met Mrs. Kim before, and she is so happy to marry her daughter off to someone she doesn't know.

Anyway, I am happy she accepts me as her daughter in law without any resentment.

The only thing that doesn't go as the plan is my bride.

She doesn't look as happy or excited as people around her, or as pleased as I am.

I brush the idea off, thinking that it might just be a matter of time. Sooner or later, she will love me like before.

Not until I lean down to kiss her when I feel her tears against my lips. Her lips tremble as she closes her eyes as if to get it over with. "Open your mouth. I need you to be happy on our wedding day. From this day on, you will only be mine. Not Mino. Not fucking anyone." I whisper into her ear before leaning back, adjusting my tie before brushing her tears away.

Everyone might think she cries happy tears, and it's good for them, though.

I know I was harsh on her, but the thought that she has already given everything to another man than me makes me mad and so fucking angry at the same time.

How dare she has done that to me?

After the kisses and the vows, the wedding is finished.

I ask Lucas to bring everything that belongs to her to my condo. I have bought the whole floor, so it won't be a problem to live there as a family.

As we arrive, Jennie walks inside our condo after I unlocked the door with the keycard lock. She goes inside instantly as if she doesn't care anymore about wherever she stays. She didn't even utter a word since this morning. Even when I talked to her.

I shut the door behind us, ordering Lucas to leave as soon as he puts all Jennie's things inside.

"Lucas, right?" Jennie asks, catching me off guard as well as my bodyguard himself. He nods politely before answering. "Yes, Mrs. Manoban."

I smile at the name.

"Call me Jennie."

Lucas looks at me as I shake my head in disapproval. He seems to understand the situation but doesn't say anything.

"Let's eat dinner together. I'll make it for the both of us."

"But-"

"I haven't eaten anything yet. I need company."

Indeed, she didn't eat anything on our wedding day. She didn't even drink a glass of wine when Jisoo toasting for our special day. Since then, I try to eliminate the face of sympathy from my friends. Maybe, I shouldn't think about it anymore, or I can be exploded.

"Leave, Lucas." I sigh.

"Don't." Jennie challenges, glaring at me with her cat-like eyes.

"I said leave!" Then, he leaves after apologizing to Jennie, closing the door.

I stomp towards Jennie, grabbing her wrists. "You want to eat. You can eat with me. I am your wife. Don't try to make my man look down on me."

She pulls back her wrists instantly, "Don't touch me!"

I scoff, "Who can touch you, then? Your fucking ex-boyfriend? Tell him to go to hell if he doesn't want to go to prison, or die in jail."

"Are you threatening me?"

I sigh, getting up before grabbing her wrists again as she looks confused. "Dare me, and I do whatever I want to do. Jennie, there are many things I can do if I see his face again."

I don't know why, but I feel the need to discipline my wife as soon as possible if I don't want her to hurt me in the future.

I need to hurt myself by doing that.

At least, it won't be as painful as she uses another man to hurt me.