Chapter Three

LISA

"Hey, Lisa!" Yeri smiles from afar as she runs towards me. I walk a bit faster to catch up with her before we continue to pace to the entrance of our school. "You look exhausted." She states after a while.

"Yep." Besides telling the obvious, I don't know what else to say more than that since it's not what I want to reveal to Yeri. She's not my best friend, and I can't trust everyone. Unfortunately, by looking at her, I know that Yeri is aware that I work part-time at one bakery near our houses because yesterday when she went to buy some bread for her mother, I was the one who sold it for her.

Well, I never expected it. Actually, I wanted to ask someone else to serve her for me, but no one was there, so I had no choices but to do my job, and unexpectedly, she didn't seem to be so surprised at all. I mean, she comes to buy bread at the bakery I work in constantly since her mother owns a small coffee shop in front of their house. She might see me once but probably afraid to ask me about it.

She knows I am tired most of the time, and that could be the reason she always brings me one chocolate milk every other day. I know her mother not quite well, but the woman is kind and generous. In fact, they just moved in next to my apartment. I never see her father, though, but I never ask. It's none of my business, and I respect people's privacy.

We all live in Seoul, but in a kind of slump area, I would say, though luckily there is no drug user or any other severe crime happens here.

"My mom asks if you and your mom could have dinner at our place since we just moved in here." She smiles enthusiastically when I turn to her.

"Alright, let me ask aunt Dara first."

"Oh. Your aunt?" She asks, looking a bit embarrassed, but I don't really feel ashamed or awkward with her anyway. She seems the kind of person who understands my situation well. Besides, as I said, we are from the same background if I have to guess. She isn't rich, and we are relatable. I think it won't hurt if we hang out more.

"Yes, she is, but it's okay since she is like one to me." I give her my first genuine smile to her. "Alright, we are friends now?" She offers me a handshake, and I am gladly taking it. "Yep. Also, tell your mom that her chocolate milk is delicious. She's good at it."

"I will tell her." Then, we enter our school, but my step halts when I see Jennie talking to her friends in front of our class. She looks at our way for a few seconds, then she turns away as soon as her gaze lands on me. I sigh. Yeah, she should be angry at me, and I have no right to blame her for that.

Yeri innocently smiles at me as she holds my arm before letting our way to the class. She's a bit touchy, though. But, I don't feel any uncomfortable or anything. I am happy that I find another friend that could get my mind of a certain brunette. After a few minutes, Jisoo walks in with Chaeyoung as she sits beside me with a stupid grin on her face. I am sure her girlfriend has given her a kiss on the cheek or some cheesy things the latter loves to whisper in her ears. "Have you told Chaeyoung that I am sorry about your date yesterday?"

Jisoo nods, "Yeah, she said it's nothing to be worried about since we talked a lot on the phone after that. The problem is..."

"Huh?" I say, a bit impatiently. I don't want Chaeyoung to hate me or anything since we must meet each other a lot more, given the fact that Jisoo is her sweetheart.

She shakes her head, "No, it's not Chaeyoung, who has problems with you, of course."

"Then, who?" I am a bit confused, hearing her statement. If it's not her girlfriend, then who else has the problem with me. I haven't had many friends, and I don't want to make more enemies. Besides, I am not the trouble maker one, so the other person she was talking about might be misunderstanding or something.

"Jennie Kim. You acted as if you hadn't had any fight with her yesterday." I widen my eyes. Oh, lord. How can I forget her when I just saw the flames in her eyes a few moments ago?

"Hmm." I say, taking out my book.

"Hmm? What the fuck is that, Lalisa?"

"I have no argument about that." I state calmly.

"Chaeyoung said Jennie was furious yesterday, and she doesn't want to talk about you anymore. Lisa, if you think you are at fault, saying sorry is what you should do." Jisoo whispers as if she is afraid someone might hear our conversation even though the class hasn't started yet, and everyone is so loud around us.

"She should, and I won't apologize for that either because I also got angry with her. She invaded my privacy, after all." I lie. Actually, I know she just cares about me for some sort of reason I have no idea about, and the fact that I want her to stay angry with me is because it might be the best solution between us. We end here. It needs to be ended even though it hasn't started yet. I know, and I would do anything to only hurt myself. She needn't care about this tiny part of her life.

Jisoo scoffs, "I don't call caring of your classmate is invading her privacy. You just think too much, Lisa. Anyway, I don't want to interfere in your life in that matter, but remember, I always respect your decision, and hopefully your decision won't make you regret later." She smiles softly, turning to the board as the teacher walks in.

I sigh, smiling bitterly.

Jisoo, I won't regret it in the future because I already do now. It hurts me, but at least I won't risk hurting the other one, the one I will love for the rest of my life.