Prologue

WARNING: [ NO TRANSLATION OR ADAPTATION ALLOWED ] - Solely Created for Jenlisa💌

© IMAEntertainer 2020 ✔

*****

LISA

Everyone calls me a nerd—teachers like me because I can understand them quickly, get the idea of what they are talking about and what they are going to explain in classes easily, so they don't feel bad about themselves when most of the students don't give a fuck about it. Not that I am complaining, though, I love that this is one of the things that teachers adore their students. If not, what else does a person like me can have attention from the teachers, right?

A lot of students admire me for my academic achievements and the fantastic grades I can easily get when the exams come.

It's not easy, though. I have to try so hard to do that because I have a dream to reach, and many things that I could have when I reach my goal. Something likes money, a proper career, and love.

The thing is that I haven't had any of those things yet. Money is not one of them, obviously, but I have a friend that I can call a true friend because who really wants to hang out with a nerd when they are so lame out of classrooms, really. As for love, it's the same. No one loves a nerd. Well, a poor nerd, you might call.

Suddenly, something or rather someone catches my attention.

I sigh again, seeing Jennie Kim surrounded by many boys. They are laughing and talking to her because she is the center of attention in our high school. In fact, we are in the last year of high school now. I have got no time and nothing to really enjoy it because I need to study hard to get scholarships, or I will end up dropping out of school after this year. As a result of no parents and living with an old aunt who is good enough to raise me up after my parents' divorce and went separate ways.

Well, they forget that they have made a child, or maybe, they just ignored the fact so that they don't have a responsibility at all.

The old woman whom I called aunt isn't even related to me. Her children left her after they get to have a career and a spouse. That's the irony between us. Her being left by her children, and I was left by my parents.

Anyway, I am happy to meet her. She's the only family I have. I will give anything to her when I graduate and have a job. I won't leave her, and we will have everything to live a good life. A house big enough for us. Not a small apartment with one bedroom we live in now. It barely fits one person, not to mention two of us.

I am complaining not because it makes me feel uncomfortable or anything, but I am scared that she will feel uncomfortable enough to kick me out and leaves me alone like those people even though I know aunt Dara won't do that no matter what.

In fact, it's the void I have been feeling for too long that makes me scared of everything.

Then, another voice annoys me again.

"Jennie! Would you like to go to a coffee shop this evening?" Asks one of the jerks disguised in sweetness and money and everything I don't have. His name is Mino. He likes Jennie... a lot, but not as much as I do, I guess.

The thing is that he has the gut to show his affection towards her, and I am the opposite. I don't even show her a slight bit that I like her. I always hide my feelings for her. I act like I don't care when she is next to me, or when she sits beside me to ask me to explain her a lesson or two. I don't want to show her that my heart always beats rapidly as she arrives in class and her addictive scent surrounds me.

Why?

Well, Jennie Kim is the most beautiful girl in my class. I haven't met her before, but she is in my class this year. I don't know whether I should be thankful or not. She gives me the motivation to try hard, but thinking about her sometimes, makes me feel upset about my life even though I know I shouldn't.

Besides her beauty, she is like the princess of the realm. She's rich and elegant. She doesn't hang out with jerks or anyone who is not studying. Well, one of the many reasons I love about her. She is smart and so bright. Teachers also love her.

Her friends are also damn wealthy. I would believe it if you tell me that they sleep on money.

"I don't want to. Sorry, Mino."

Mino hisses annoyedly, storming out of the class.

I try my best not to smile because of her answer. One more thing that I love about her is she doesn't care about offending any popular boys when she turns them down. She just does it if she wants to.

Not wanting to be caught as a creep, I look down, pretending to read my books. "Lisa, why are you smiling?" I hear my best friend asking me. "I don't." Putting on my serious face, I look up to see her smirking. "Come on, Lisa. I know you have feelings for this girl." My eyes widen in shock as I use both of my hands to stop Jisoo from talking more. "Don't!" I whisper into her ears. "If she knows, I will definitely kill you."

She brushes my hands away, "Lisa, we have one more year in this school. Then, all of us would be separated. We don't even know if we can go to the same university or not. Why not use this time to tell her? I am sure she likes you too." I shake my head, sighing. "I can't. And, you know why."

The fact that she wants me to do so is because she has already confessed to her crush, Chaeyoung, and it turns out very well. The girl also likes her. So, congrats to her. I mean, who doesn't love my best friend when she is everything a girl could ask for, right? She's witty even though sometimes, she is a little stupid and crazy, but that's why her girlfriend is attracted to her, though.

Jisoo is my best friend, and I know she always wants the best for me. Despite everything I don't have like other rich kids in school, I am always thankful that I have her. She's the best buddy I could ever ask for.

Besides, Jisoo is also rich. Her family is not filthy rich like Chaeyoung and Jennie's family, but at least, when anyone sees them together, there will be no gossips about dating because of money or fame.

That's the society I live in. They judge and criticize, and I have got to learn that I can't have anyone affects the perfect life my dream girl has.

She needn't me to destroy her perfectly perfect life.

Yeah, that's how good her life is.