Chapter Twenty-Eight

JENNIE

I walk out of the bathroom, seeing Lisa setting up the table for breakfast. Even though she has rather a cold, indifferent, and insensitive persona than she was before, she is really suitable as a CEO. Her black jacket that she clads in with blue loose jeans is incredibly looking good on her. It's not the outfit you see many top-notch chief executives—Jisoo bragged about every time she met me though I didn't ask, like her wears every day, but it looks cool on her.

By the look on her face, I notice that she gradually becomes much earnest than she was before. I don't like her being that person no matter how cool she looks, or how well she dressed because the person that was on the inside of her was who I was in love with, but what can I do besides stay quiet, and waiting for her outburst?

Despite everything, I really hope one thing, though.

Maybe, we might become friends again, or we must because we are in the same house. God only knows how long we will be staying together. It may be the rest of our lives. So, we'd better be friends rather than enemies.

And, hopefully one day... she might let me go like before.

Actually, she never let me go because I was never hers. She never claimed or even asked me to be hers. So, the way she left me might as well considered as just leaving without telling.

I sigh, brushing it off before confronting her. "I can go to work by myself. And, I don't eat breakfast." Grabbing my purse tightly, I walk to the door. I stop instantly after I hear glass shattering behind me. I shut my eyes firmly, afraid to look back. Did she intend to throw something at me?

I turn back when I hear her solemn voice. "Jennie." Much to my surprise, it's just a glass falling by her feet. I take a deep breath with relief. "Let me help you clean it up." I walk to her, but she raises her hand up. "No. Just stay there. The glasses might hurt you...you can help me by eating the breakfast I cooked for you."

I am stunned, seeing her pleading eyes but say nothing as she continues. "It helps me a lot if you do so." Seeing the many foods as a consequence of her effort to do it for me, I nod as she smiles happily, but it turns to the dead-serious one too fast for me to even be able to remember it.

One thing that I realize is that she doesn't smile anymore. She doesn't want to show her true self anymore. Her smile. Her laugh and everything is nowhere to be found. Brushing my bitter thought away, I sit across her as she puts all the shatters of the glass in the trashcan. "I cook your favorite food this morning."

On the table, I notice the type of breakfast we used to eat at school. I wonder who taught her this because back in the day, she never told me that she could do that. Again, I want to know, but I don't want to ask. I don't want to give her any sign that I finally come to a state where we were like before.

I wonder if there is something that could mend our broken-non-existing relationship. I look into her eyes as she puts that food on my plate.

Taking a bite, I am impressed by her skills. Last night, she cooked me dinner because I hadn't eaten anything at the wedding. My wedding. The food was good too. The Kim-Chi fried rice was so delicious that I ate all of them. I wanted to give her a compliment, but the words just couldn't come out. Like right now.

"Don't pity me." She says, looking at her plate.

I frown, not knowing what she is talking about. "I don't."

"I know you do. Your eyes show pity. You wonder why I was this pathetic, and I know you know why deep down in your heart." She finally looks at me.

"Let's eat. You called me to eat."

She sighs and continues to eat like she didn't say anything a moment ago. "Sorry."

After eating, she takes my hand even without asking my consent as she walks me to her brand-new white Bentley car. The elegant toy of the rich people. Never have I thought Lisa will be the Lisa today.

I mean, she can have whatever she has, and I don't care about that. But, the Lisa that was in my imagination is someone who was so humble. Someone who thinks a bike or a bus is enough to go to school.

A life with a girlfriend, even without this luxurious condo and these cars would make her thrilled to the bit.

But, no.

She wants more, and she has got all of them now. With consent or not, she got them all. It includes me, too. After she opens the door for me, I enter the car while gazing at her running back to the driver seat.

"I work at-"

"I know." She cuts me off before driving off to my workplace as I am still shocked as to why she knows about it.

Jisoo.

I roll my eyes at the thought.

After half an hour or so, Lisa pulls over in front of the company I work in. I hurriedly walk out of the car, not waiting for the 'gentle woman' to open the door for me because someone catches my attention, and I feel if I stay here longer, there will be fire here and there.

I walk faster as Mino follows me behind. I sigh, thinking that Lisa has gone already, but the one who holds my wrist tightly now is no other than my 'beloved wife'. "You work with him." She states a fact as if I don't know that she knows about it already.

Maybe, she hasn't?

The look on her face tells me that she hasn't acknowledged this fact yet. The flame in her eyes and the redness of Mino's face scare me to the core as I release her hand from mine before standing in the middle of both of them.

"Mino."

"Lisa."

Both of them talk at the same time. Lisa with hatred, and Mino with sarcasm. I wonder which one is worse.

God, please tell me how to solve this problem for once.