Chapter Twenty-Nine

JENNIE

"Wow! Look at you, nerd. You changed a lot." Mino scoffs as soon as he arrives in front of us. This is his company, and whoever Lisa is, she shouldn't make a scene here. It's not good for her nor me.

What I have been afraid of is happening now. Lisa doesn't back off, nor she tries to say anything. Her face is so calm, but her hand grabs me again as if she is afraid that I would run away or anything. "Lisa, I am going to work." I speak with a soft voice, hoping that it will help to alleviate her annoyance of Mino. She doesn't release me, though. Instead, she looks at Mino, not blinking even a bit for almost a minute. "She will resign today."

She states calmly as if this is what she has expected to do since she took me here with her. My eyes see redness. This idiot took me to work because she planned this. She wants to keep me at home like a good wife she desires me to be.

"What are you talking about? I will continue to work here for as long as I want to. Who are you to decide where I should work or not?" I brush her hand a little harsher as she gives in and takes her hand off my wrist.

She takes a step forward, "I am your wife."

"I don't care."

Mino's laughter bursts out as Lisa looks both ashamed and angry. "You are her wife? Have you even proposed to her? What makes you think that she is your wife, Lisa? Have you even done something together yet? Something like we did as a couple before you came back like nothing happened and used the cheap trick to snatch her away from me?"

Lisa's eyes turn red. I know she's angry, and I want to ask Mino why he talked like we did something morally wrong, or even sexually at all. His tone told me that he implied that we did it, but I couldn't judge him like that because Mino has never been disrespected toward me.

Before I could turn back to beg him to back off, Lisa laughs. "Don't lie to me, Mino." I feel pity toward her for a while, but her smile tells me that she's up to something. Something that I know it might create blood on the ground, and flesh comes out from both of them.

She smiles calmly before continuing. "God, even your stupid playboy face tells me that you haven't done anything yet, and you know that, and I know that." She sighs before smirking. "Well, I always am afraid, you know. I am absolutely scared that you have taken away something that is really precious that always belongs to me. But, your damn stupid face...haha...still keeps it safe for me. Last night, it's been so incredible for me. For the both of us. Thanks, Mino. I know you have done your best to keep my wife safe from other men even from yourself." Then, she smirks again. Her tall figure and happy face that she puts on really make Mino thinks that I really slept with her last night.

Mino springs forward, hitting her in the face as I gasp in shock, seeing Lisa fall flat on the floor. However, before he could hit her one more time, Lisa kicks him in his stomach with her long leg. If you think I am shocked because of Mino's strength, you will be more surprised seeing my face now.

I always know that Mino has been working out a lot. His figure and muscle could protect all the girls in his family without worrying about the intrusion of anyone bad, but the fact that Lisa, the skinny girl I knew in high school, could kick Mino without using much of her strength makes me stunned to the core.

Mino falls on the floor this time, and Lisa hops on top of him before punching him with all her strength this time. God only knows how much she possesses this physical power.

Every blow she gives to Mino makes his face severely bleed, and his sweat falling down. I come out of the trance before pushing Lisa away. "Lisa, stop." She doesn't listen and about to punch him right in his face again as I grab her hand and push it against my cheek. "Punch me instead if you want."

Her anger seems to rise, but she doesn't say anything. Standing up straight, she turns her back against us while Mino pants heavily as his head on my lap, and I try to wipe his blood with my handkerchief. "You looser!" Mino yells despite his pain as he winces after shouting. "You got her body, but not her heart."

Lisa turns back, smirking. "Sooner or later, I will get all of her. Don't worry, Mino." She is about to walk away, but instead of going back to her car, she comes toward us as I warn her with a glare. I am afraid she would punch him again or something.

Instead, she grabs his collar, making him stand straight. "Don't touch my wife." She points at his face. "If I see you do something that is not appropriate to her or simply talk to her more than a boss and an employee, I will file a document and bring it to the law court, and we will meet there again. Even if there will be nothing less for me after trying to put you in jail for laying a finger on my wife, I am sure I am okay with it if it means you are in jail for the rest of your life." Then, she grabs my arm, bringing me to her.

I look at her in shock before she smashes her lips on mine harshly. She pushes her tongue inside, trying to remind me that I am hers. Whether I want it or not, I can't change it. "Bye, my beloved wife. I will pick you up after work."

Then, she leaves.

Just like that.

Her car turns around, and she drives off.

And, I realize she also got injured from Mino's punch because my mouth now tastes like her blood.

God, forgive me for the sin of feeling content when tasting her blood. For liking it...