Chapter Four

LISA

Jennie walks in, still avoiding my gaze as she sits in front of my table. Chaeyoung gazes back from time to time, smiling at Jisoo while I do my best not to think and look at the brunette right in front of my eyes.

An hour has passed, and the teacher dismisses the class and leaves us for a thirty-minute break. Jisoo asks me to accompany her to buy snacks, but I refuse since I see Chaeyoung is waiting for her at the door. I am not going to be between them this time, so I let her go with her beloved girlfriend.

While I am writing the essay and try to finish the homework before the deadline since I don't have anything to do right now, I hear someone calling my name.

"Lisa!" Yeri's voice literally echoes the class as I look up to see her smiling, holding a cone of ice cream in each of her hands. "Here," She hands one of them to me as I shake my head in politeness. "Nope. Thank you," I finish with a small smile before turning back to the book but instantly catching the sight of the certain girl looking at our way again.

Jennie Kim.

So, she hasn't gone with her best friend and Jisoo yet.

"Come on, Lisa. I bought it two, one for you. I can't eat all of them by myself." Yeri insists, putting one of them in front of me.

I sigh, turning back to Yeri. "Thanks, I'll take it." I lick the ice-cream; the sweetness of the chocolate flavor really makes me feel good right now. It takes my mind of someone who might or might not still look at me. Yeri sits on Jisoo's seat, eating hers, a milk-flavor one. "You love milk?" I ask. It seems so familiar. Someone I know loves it too.

The one that has many cat features. Cat-like eyes, feisty manner but a cute one. In fact, it's Jennie Kim.

Fuck!

The thought of her really is a pitfall. I don't want to think about it, but everything around me right now reminds me of her.

"Yeah, I like it." Yeri giggles. "My mom uses to tease me that I am a kid who still loves milk."

"You are." I say. Maybe, my teasing shies her away from me. I don't like being attached to someone still, but the next thing she does has me taken aback. She hits my shoulder slightly, giggling loudly like a child.

Yeah, her mom is definitely right. I thought she was joking, but well, she's not.

I widen my eyes in shock as a few pairs of eyes of my classmates who aren't going out of class gaze our way, but hell, Yeri doesn't give a shit about it as she continues to hit me slightly on my shoulder. "Stop it." I brush her hand away until she stops. "Are you mad?" She pouts.

Oh my god.

What have I got myself into?

"Nope." I answer as she is back to laughing when I panic. Then, she leans down, whispering into my ears. I turn away, but she stops me from going further. "Lisa, someone is glaring at us." Her statement catches me off guard as I close my eyes, trying to deny who it might be. "She isn't." I deny.

"Why do you know it's a she?" She asks, pulling back.

"I-I am just guessing."

She smiles, "Yeah, you are right. It's a she. Actually, she is the rich kid in our class. Jennie Kim." She whispers the last part as I try to act like nothing really matters while my heart beats so fast to the point where it nearly comes out of my chest. "She's like that to everyone. In fact, she has no reason to do that, anyway. Maybe, you misunderstand something." I explain, praying to god that Yeri doesn't ask anymore question about the particular person.

She nods, giving in. "Yeah, hopefully."

"Lisa, let's walk together after classes, okay?" She asks after the bell ringing and signaling us that the next session will be started in a few more minutes. "Okay." I answer shortly. Usually, Jisoo has her driver takes me home, or we walk together until we have to split our ways. Today, she might just go straight to her house or hanging out more with her girlfriend, so I don't want to bother her about that even though she never complains about us walking home together because we have a lot of fun doing that.

Yeri leaves, pacing to her table after winking at me, and I don't know what the fuck is wrong with her, but it's not really annoying, anyway. She's funny, and I need someone like that in my life so I can cope up with the difficulties I face every day. Moreover, Yeri seems like a good girl. One more friend doesn't hurt, right?

Jisoo clears her throat loudly as I turn to her with a little shock. "Since when are you so closed with this girl, huh?"

"She's my neighbor."

"I know."

"Who told you?"

"Chaeyoung."

I grit my teeth, "Who told Chaeyoung?" If I have to guess, I will be a hundred percent right.

"Well, Lisa. Please, don't blame her. It's Jennie, but she wasn't wrong at all." She lowers her voice, afraid that the brunette might hear our conversation.

"She's stalking again?" I ask, a little louder. In fact, I have no problem with her knowing that Yeri is my neighbor or my new friend. There's no shame about that, but the way she gets the news faster than I can tell is just too much, for someone who is not really close to each other in class.

"She isn't. God, Lisa! Lower your fucking voice. The teacher is teaching." She sighs in relief when she knows that Jennie didn't hear me, or she might pretend not to.

"She just asked one of her friends, who happens to be one of Yeri's friends. You know, out of boredom." She laughs awkwardly as I look at her. I sigh, "Then, tell her. Her boredom shouldn't be about me."

Then, Jennie, whom I thought hasn't paid any attention to me, whips her head to us. Well, not to us. To me. Her eyes show flame and pain. No, it's not pain. She can't be hurt because I am nothing, just a small piece of her life. She shouldn't show any painful emotion because of me.

Chaeyoung turns to her friend before mouthing at Jisoo, asking about the cause of Jennie's sudden anger, but the latter just shakes her head rapidly.

She instantly stands up before storming outside, and the teacher doesn't even know she has already left. She might be pissed at her student's behavior if she knows. I guess she will be more shocked than mad because Jennie has never behaved that way.

"Tell me, Jisoo. Am I the cause?" I sigh, heavily.

"Yeah." She answers shortly as she goes to sit in the front with Chaeyoung. I know it when it's too much, for Jisoo shows her annoyance too.

Lisa, you were loud.

I sigh for a hundred times in the last minute before getting up and walking to the teacher.

"May I go to the bathroom?"

Mrs. Lee, our teacher, takes off her black glasses that match mine as she smiles, "You may, Lisa."

I am out of the classroom now; my eyes roam around before walking straight to the place that I know she might be there. I know it because I, well, saw her once there. I didn't stalk, though.

Lisa, you blame your crush for stalking, really. Stupid shit!

Now, what are you going to do, Lisa?