Chapter 12: Plot

"It was a mistake to come here," You admitted as you spoke to Falco and Gabi, "and I'm willing to take you back to Paradis. But you have to help us escape. They're looking for you." They were stained with war, and there was no need to lie to them. "If they catch you, they will not spare you. It'll be execution."

"Execution..." Falco had spoken up, wide-eyed. "Then... if we get executed, then there are no inheritors for the Armored Titan."

"Which would make no sense!" Gabi shouted, scoffing. "This isn't right. They would want the Power of the Titans as soon as possible. So why would they execute us?"

All were beginning to doubt you- and you couldn't blame them. Sasha wanted to protect them- like an older sister protecting their siblings. If she saw these two kids unwilling to escape from Marley's grasp, she would either force them to go or... she'll find some other way to convince them.

You didn't want to get called out for attempting to apprehend them, you gave a subtle threat to the two cadets. "If you don't believe us, go out and get executed yourselves. Will you take the chance to go back to that Marleyan Government? Or will you come back with us? Before you say anything else," you continued, "Falco and Gabi, Colt and Reiner will be back on the island- safe and sound."

Silenced filled the air as panic grew on their faces. Was it right for the minor threat? Or was it wrong?

"How... how can you prove it to me?" Gabi's face darkened as she stared down at the floor. "How can you prove at they are safe? Otherwise, I'll go and find the truth myself."

"I can't prove it to you- not until we get there. We only have a few days here and it's not enough to get information from Paradis to here. Not to mention, someone leaked our information. If we try to get communication through once more, who knows what'll happen to everyone. Understand?"

"Gabi," Falco put his hand on her shoulder with a supportive gesture, "let's just listen to them. We have to go back. If they weren't lying, why would we have to move? Why go back?"

"It... doesn't make sense..."

"I understand, but... we can go to Reiner. Think about my brother there too! Gabi, please. I don't think they're joking about us being executed. If it was just them, they would probably turn us in. But... with us..."

With a heavy sigh, Gabi gave in. "I won't willingly help, but if the Marleyan soldiers are asking for us back, I'll go back. I'll let that be known. Understand me? If I hear that you're lying, I'm siding and I will do anything to get Reiner back."

"And if they are telling the truth, Gabi? Then what?"

"I'll follow them. I want to see Reiner again. At least... I know Reiner is. My parents... my aunt.. I don't know where they are. At least... Reiner... I'll get there and be there by his side."

Falco sighed, looking up to you. "Okay, we're both in it. What should we do?"

Thus, the plan began to build.