Chapter 19: Who Are We?

Sasha decided to stay at her parents' house for one more day. Wanting to spend time before going back to HQ and helping clean up the area. The Survey Corps needed a break- especially after everything. The Military Police was aiding the rest of the Garrison Regiment cleaning up the mess- as they always do.

You reached out to see the rest of the Survey Corps just hanging out at HQ- taking a breather and trying to give a smile after all these events. Armin was just starting a new book when you walked into HQ. Connie and Jean were chattering away as Mikasa kept quiet near the fire. 

Everyone turned their heads to you when you walked in. "Ah, (y/n)," Connie spoke out with a smirk, "where's Sasha? I wanted to tell her something."

"Still with her family." You say as your hand reached for your jacket pocket. "Since you're all here... I wanted to ask you guys a question. More so, a personal one."

"Oh?" Armin kept one hand in the book- to keep his place- and he smiled towards you. "I'll be happy to help give you my opinion on the matter. What's on your mind, (y/n)?"

All eyes turned onto you- those stares of utter curiosity. But nevertheless, their opinion mattered to you. After all, these were the guys that trained and stayed with Sasha for the longest years compared to you. They would know what's best. Sure, you could've asked Sasha's dad, but... he was a father. Not a friend. Not a comrade. Just a father. The 104th Cadet Corps in front of you would know exactly how it could go right and perfectly.

"I... I was planning this for Sasha," You say nervously, holding out a small box. "It's not much, and I know Sasha would lose it if she kept wearing it everyday, so I don't mind it if she wore it for special occasions and nothing else."

You then revealed the box-  a silver band with a small gem on the top. The small, blue gem was wrapped tightly with silver vines. It should fit onto her ring finger with no problems. You can hear the gasps from your comrades.

"Proposing?" Jean gave a chuckle, shaking his head as he ran his fingers through his hair. "Why am I not surprised? Can I see the ring? I promise I won't touch it or anything- just wanted to see the ring closer."

Gently, you gave it to him with the box. Connie gave a chortle, "Whoa, marrying already?"

"Shut up, Connie." Mikasa scowled with that deathly tone. She then changed when her eyes laid on yours. That harsh tone changed to such a kindness- almost like an approval. "(y/n), I think she would love being married to you. I remember she wouldn't stop talking about you-"

"Ah, kinda like how she is with meat, right?" Connie gave another chuckle.

Mikasa went off to hit him on the head with a nearby book- not from Armin's hands. "I agree with Jean- I'm surprised of the whole thing." Armin had that twinkle in his eyes, seeing Jean take the box from your hands. "But honestly? I think this is great! She'll love it. It's not too big where she'll dislike it, and it's not too small where it feels like there's nothing. I think it's perfect."

"I... I do have a question about how to do this..." You say softly, sighing. "How do you think I should... you know... propose it to her?"

Multiple answers popped out at you.

"Make it big and beautiful!" Jean shouts. 

"Lots of food!" Connie chimes in. 

Mikasa didn't answer, but Armin did. "Make it as natural as you can." Which, out of all the choices, sounded better. "Like... Sasha wouldn't care if it had lots of food, big, beautiful, or little. What matters most was you and her being together. At least... that's what I think."

"So!" 

The doors barged open and out popped none other than Commander Hanji shouting in her old, hyper self with Captain Levi by her side. Of course, he looked so... cold and a little unnatural. But behind them were the Warriors of Marley. Gabi and Falco hanging near Reiner.

"Oh? You're all here..." Her voice trails off as her eye scanned the whole room. "Except for one. Where's Sasha?"

"She's with her parents," you replied, chuckling a bit. With the new arrivals, at least you can get some information from Reiner as well. Hopefully it works well. "Um, Reiner? Can you come here real quickly?"

"What for?" Captain Levi stretched his arm out across Reiner's chest, scowling. "(y/n), what's the need for him?"

Before you could answer, of course Connie had to be the one who sprouted out the truth. "(y/n) wanted information of how to propose to Sasha. I mean," he chortles, "how to propose to her? Pfft, haha! I mean-" Suddenly he gets hit in the head by Mikasa- again. "Hey!"

Captain Levi then took his arm off of Reiner, looking at you with an interesting look on his face. "As long as it's not conspiring."

Commander Hanji gave a smile, walking over with her hips swaying slightly. "Ahh... proposing already? Hey, Levi, look at them- they're growing so much, huh? Aw, it's so adorable."

"Yeah, yeah, adorable." That last word of his was said with a bunch of annoyance. "But I'm not surprised. It's in (y/n)'s eyes- there was without a doubt he would've married Sasha." It may have been in slight movements, but there was that small jolt from the side of his mouth.

The plans and questions circled over and over. But soon, you and Armin began to plot out what to do. A broad idea of the proposal came into plan. Perhaps now, this proposal would go well. Hopefully... just... hopefully... Sasha would love it. Without a doubt, Sasha will say yes about it. 

After all...