Chapter 2: Forgotten

A little after you all landed, there was a small chance for you to say some words to Sasha. How her eyes looked out the window, longing for a certain thing that was out there. No doubt it was Nikolo. How his name was starting a fire in your soul- how he could've taken Sasha away from you. But as they both displayed it, they were almost dating. They had an interest in each other, so there was a small chance that she wouldn't call Nikolo, 'her lover.'

"Sasha," you began, sighing heavily towards her. Her eyes had a faint spark of joy- hidden away from the world. But you saw it clearly. That spark was dying, and that became a goal ever since you first met her in the Survey Corps. "What are you gonna do when we leave here?"

She smiles gently with that mischievous smirk. How it was something memorable when she, once again, stole meat from your quarters. When you caught her, she had such a baffled look. The fear in her eyes were the biggest you've ever seen... but that was that. You let her get away with it- only leaving her with a warning. All those memories from a single smirk that she had.

"Well... I was gonna go and get a meat bowl... after all of our affairs are over when we get back. We at least deserve a break, don't we?"

You nodded your head gently and smiled, "I'll buy, if you don't mind. A meat bowl sounds... satisfying... after your near-death experience... you deserve some good meat."

Her eyes lit up brightly- just like a sun's morning rays. "Actually, that does sound like a good reason to eat an amazing bowl of meat. Surviving so close to death! You're a genius, (y/n)!"

You smiled gently and felt your heart grow. At first, you intended it to be just a celebratory thing, but with the next few words gave the intention of something else. "I'l buy you a meat bowl, Sasha..." The way she looked towards you was just plain pureness. 

"R-Really? Thanks! Ugh, now I'm craving for a large meat bowl..." 

You chuckle softly to Sasha, hoping that they day would be well.

*   *   *

Years ago, back when the 104th Cadet Corps were choosing their regiments, you stood next to Squad Levi. Erwin just finished his speech, and only a few of the 104th stayed. Most of them were from the top ten. To your disbelief, they seemed to choose to fight rather than to be safe. A small grin came upon your face as you thought of that; only to your realization that time seemed to pass quickly.

"Oi oi..." Petra says with a small grin on her face, "(y/n), you gotta help us out with the new recruits, okay? They're a bit shaken up."

You nodded your head and continued forward to the new recruits. "Augh..." A young woman groaned softly, overcome with realization of fear. "D-Did I really do it?"

"You'll be fine," You say to her, startling her a bit. But you felt that your smile would calm her down. "As long as you believe in yourself, everything will just go rightly. Fear is something that hurts everyone, but look through it, you'll survive."

As expected, a shy smile crept onto her face. "Yeah?"

"Take Trost for an example. You felt fear, you conquered it. You help win the battle for Trost. Now, not just anyone could kill titans and come back. You and the others are special."

That small, shy smile grew bigger a bit. She ran her hand through her ponytail and chuckled nervously. Faintly, there was this country accent in her voice- and she strained herself to hide it. "T-Thank you... sir... uh... what's your name?"

"(y/n), and it's a pleasure to welcome you into the Survey Corps. What's your name?"

"Sasha."

You nodded your head and smiled to her, "We'll be meeting each other soon, I hope. Just finish meeting up with your future squad members and see your other teammates. We're all here for each other. This is who we are. We're practically family around here."

Sasha smiled and chuckled, "Ahh, I'll take your words for granted, Mr. (y/n). See you soon!" And she quickly turned heel and ran off to the rest of the 104th Cadet Corps. You stood there, watching her run off and smile to bring joy to her friends. 

*   *   *

But it felt like it was the last time there was a honest conversation between the two of you. She grew distant when she was out of your sight. Almost like... she was gone... forgotten you. You were willing to bring back some of her memories of you- even if Nikolo was in your way. You wanted to confess that you loved Sasha. Nothing would be forgotten.