5- Home?

-George's perspective-

My mind was racing. Answer me mum, answer me please. Let me know youre okay. Why aren't my messages sending? I have service and cellular data. I took the main hallway to door 17. I normally go in the smaller, passing hallways and take my time walking so not many students see me. But today I didn't care if anyone saw me. I walked as fast as I could to my bike. It was drenched in rain despite being underneath the hangover against the brick wall. I used the sleeves of my hoodie to dry the seat and the breaks. I hopped on and pedaled as fast as my legs could take me.

Once I got home, I pulled out the keys from underneath the welcome mat. I fiddled with the lock until it clicked. I twisted the doorknob to the right and pushed on the door. "Mum? Dad?" I walked into the living room.

There they were, their clothes torn apart on their bodies. Each slumped down on the couch.

"Hey sweetheart. How was school?" My mum spoke first.

"Yea, we got an email saying you didn't get to pre-calc in time? What was that about?" My dad added. I was in complete shock. How did they get home so fast? I felt the ground shake. I heard the wind pick up, getting progressively louder. Both of my parents stood up. They slowly limped over to me, now sitting against the door frame. "Speak up Georgie, what seems to be on your mind?" My dad started again. Their facial expressions were grim, and displeased.

"I-Im sorry?" I stuttered out. My dad clocked his arm back, preparing to punch me. I threw my hands over my head.

"George! Why are you on the ground? What's wrong?" I opened my eyes to see My grandmother walking towards my house. The sky was slightly cloudy, with some bright sun peeking through.

"Where's mum? A-and dad?" I asked, bringing my arms down from my face.

"They're still stuck in the city and your mom shot me a text telling me to pick you up from school because the weather was getting bad. When I got there, no one was inside so I came straight here to find you curled up on the floor." She paused. I stood up on my feet and took my bag off my shoulders, placing it on the ground near my feet. "Lets watch a movie until they come home. I can order pizza and we will have a chill evening." She added. I walked forward slowly. Putting my hands around her, pulling into a hug.

"They aren't coming back Nana. The storm wiped straight through the city." I barely whispered. I heard her breath hitch and small crys came from the both of us. We held each other for a few minutes. It was not my first hug of the day, but it was the most meaningful to me. It made me feel good knowing my grandma was with me when the news was broken to her. Of course the news wasn't set in stone, they could be fine, but the whole city was torn into shreds and considering the level of the storm, they were goners.

I sat her down on the couch and made her tea. I know the information was brought heavily to her because she had less time to process it. I walked upstairs to my room. I sat down on my bed and laid back. I thought of how my day went. I thought of all the time spent with Clay. I couldn't help but feel something for him. He was so cool and it was hilarious to find out he's terrified of storms. No I can't catch feelings for him, he's best friends with Nick. What would he think if he caught Clay and I together. Not together-together, but if he saw us in the hallway together? My mind continued like this for a while.

It got to a point where I realized how rude it was of me to just walk away from him in the hallway, and not even say a goodbye. I sat up and reached back in my pocket to pull out my phone.

-switch POV to Clay-

I was sitting on the bus in the back. My head was leaned up against the window. The bus took forever to get here, and my ride is a good 45 minutes. Nick was 'sitting' next to me, I mean he was really constantly getting up and pulling the girls hair in the seat in front of us. Every now and then he would bump into me, or knock my bag on my lap. Eventually he calmed down and looked over at me. "Why the short face?" I lifted my head and turned towards him. I managed a smile and shook my head as if nothing was happening inside me.

Oh how badly I wanted to sock him. I wanted to hit him straight in the face. Can't you see? You're a bully. A BULLY. No one likes you like this. George is struggling behind the scenes and you have no idea. The girls in front of us are annoyed that they're getting their hair ripped out. Your own girlfriend is scared of you. Doesn't that seem wrong?

I faced towards the window again and leaned my head on it. I stared into the distance as the bus traveled out of the bus lanes. I watched as the amount of trees turned to none. We were driving through what looks like the middle of nowhere, except we know it's not. The bright yellow sun peeked through the clouds that were clearing out. Suddenly the bus stopped moving. At first I thought it was an intersection but quickly realized that there are none. Traffic? Accident? Then the word from the front of the bus reached us in the back.

The girls in front of us turned around and told us, "There's random trees in the middle of the road."

Wow that tree must've gone far cause there's miles of plains on either side of the road here. "There are big truck things getting the tree out of the way at the moment." They said again. I felt my phone buzz twice in my pocket. I lifted my bag off my lap with one arm, and used my other to reach into my hoodie.

George Keytas

5:32 hey i just wanted to say sorry for leaving so fast in the hallway today

5:32 i had to get home to check something :/

Clay Greene

5:32 its ok

Read 5:32

I turned off my phone and pulled it to my stomach. The bus ride home was gonna be a long one.

hi good morning how is everyone??  

ilysm btw :]