Part 28

Elena's POV

I can tell that Stefan was nervous. Even though everything was carefully planned out, he still seemed unsure about something. We both sat on the couch in my house as silent and still as stones. I watched Stefan as his fingers twitched and his eyebrows furrowed as he stared down at the floor, clearly thinking way too hard. I reached over and places my hand over his and that is when he finally stopped trembling. 

"What are you so worried about Stefan?" I asked with concern. 

"I don't know how powerful Amilia is, Who knows, maybe she has others helping her too? I just don't know if we can handle it alone, I'm not sure where Damon went and it doesn't seem like Caroline will be helping us either. The good news is that Bonnie and Jeremy are still on board." Stefan said with a hint of irritation in his voice. 

"Wait, why wouldn't Caroline join us? She is one of the strongest vampires in our group, I can try my best to fight Amilia off, but we'd have a better chance with Caroline there seeing as she is a more experienced vampire than me. We could really use her help Stefan." I replied.

"Yeah but Kla-I mean I'm not sure why, I think her mom has been worried about her and she doesn't that Caroline turned." Stefan said quickly trying to hide the fact that he almost spilled both Klaus' and Caroline's secret. 

"Okay well we will work something out, maybe she will show up anyway." I said as I pretended that I didn't know that something else was clearly going on that Stefan wasn't telling me about. Besides, I already texted Caroline about the plan for tomorrow, but Stefan didn't need to know that. I was just curious about why he was saying she couldn't go, guess I'll find out soon enough. 

Bonnie's POV

Damon and I were still walking through the woods, we were almost to the Bennet cabin. I planned to collect as much power there. The spirits of my ancestors chose the cabin as a resting place for their souls and internal power and that power can only be passed down to another Bennet. I'm hoping with this extra power, it will help us defeat Amilia and whoever she is working with. Once we walked deeper in the woods Damon reached for my hand and suddenly intertwined his fingers with mine. It was strange and sudden, but I actually didn't mind it. I think he was worried because it was becoming darker outside. He seems to forget that I am a witch and darkness is not the scariest I have ever witnessed. It was an endearing gesture though, so I played along and enjoyed it. It was nice to know that I had someone who always had my back, especially because my powers were still fairly new to me. Sometimes I had that irrational fear that my powers would suddenly stop working or I would just drop dead from using too much of it! It was nice to know I had Damon by my side, he seemed like the only one who was actually capable of having my back and he had enough strength to pull it off as well. 

Author's Note:

Caroline's and Klaus' secret was almost revealed! Do you think Elena will catch on or remain clueless?  Bonnie and Damon are almost at the Bennet cabin to prepare for battle. Will Bonnie be able ti collect enough power to defeat Amilia with Damon's and the other's help? Let me know what your predictions are in the comments! Thanks for reading! :)

P.S. Please remember to check out my new story that I have posted on here! It's a psychological horror titled "The Mirror Effect." It is definitely a story that will keep you on your toes! Please check it out and don't be shy to leave feedback in the comments! Thanks! :)