Part:6

Caroline POV

That night and many nights after I couldn't get any sleep, I kept tossing and turning while opening and closing my eyes fearing that Kol or Katherine were going to show up. Karoline's image kept flashing in my mind and I couldn't stop thinking about who's heart she had in her hand because that situation just looked to real. i quickly froze when I felt someone's presence near me and I saw that figure's shadown getting closer and closer to my side of the bed. Once it leaned over I screamed and smacked my hand back knocking the figure down onto the floor. I ran to the light switch and turned it on only to see Klaus splattered on the floor with an empty cup and a puddle of water next to and partially on him.

"I thought you'd like a cup of water love, but you obviously weren't thirsty.'' 

''I'm soooo sorry I thought you were someone else.''

''Let me guess Katherine? this has to stop, why don't I just kill her and get it over with? I don't like her messing with your head, you haven't slept in 3 days!''

''There's no point to do that Klaus I'll get over it just come lay with me please.''

Klaus got under the covers and wrapped his arms around me as I metled in his warm embrace.  After feeling his warm body against mine I finally felt safe enough to fall asleep. Although the nightmares continued every time I woke up to Klaus's face I went back to sleep but he could tell that I was having trouble resting and I could tell that it also caused him pain. 

The next day I woke up only to see that Klaus's side of the bed and my first reaction was to panic, I really needed to get these thoughts out of my head. I walked into the living room and saw Klaus drinking a small glass cup of scotch. I walked over to him and sat on his lap, he looked so down.

''Hey, are you okay?''

''Yeah, but listen Caroline I have to go somewhere to take care of some buisness soon.''

''What buisness? Please tell me you're not going to do anything stupid!''

''No of course not, it's just something for work and you shouldn't stay here alone, so I think you should go home.''

''Okay Klaus, I'll go home but you better come back in one peace! The last thing I need is you getting hurt, especially with Kol and Katherine roaming around town!'' 

''Don't worry love, I always come back to you don't I?''

He smirked and headed out the door as I got dressed, climbed into my car and headed home.

                                                                        Klaus's Pov

I knew that Caroline knew I was lying but I don't care I needed to stop her nightmares so I needed to find Katherine. I hate how she was inside of Caroline's head and haunting her every thought, it honestly made me sick and she needed to get over me. We've been apart for years and this is the reason I left her! She manipulates people and messes with their heads and now she's pushed it too far by playing with my love's mind! I'm going to kill her if it's the last thing I do, I'm tired of her damn mind games. Luckily I knew exactly where she was, she's staying in this old cabin just outside of town and it wasn't too long before I arrived there. I busted open the wooden door of the cabin and yelled for Katherine. 

''Kathrine!! I know you're here! Come face me like the monster you really are.'' 

There was no response and no sound of any movement in the cabin so i decided to wait, I sat in a chair near the door and waited for Katherine to arrive. After about an hour the door nob began to turn, I quickly sat up from the chair but when the door opened it wasn't Katherine who entered. I couldn't believe who I was seeing and why they were coming to Katherine's cabin... 

Author's Note:

I hope you guys enjoyed this latest chapter, I'm trying to add more action in each one. Tell me what you think will happen next and do you know who this unknown character is? Once again thank you to all my dedicated readers and enjoy the story! Please comment about the story if you can, I'd love to know what you think! :)