제 24 회

3 weeks later

Unlike usual, this time Taehyung and you yourselves were dropping Miso to school while she was pouting the entire time. Her face was sulky and and she had her arms crossed, groaning occasionally to gain both of your attention as you chuckled at her behavior.

"You still don't know what day is it?" Miso asked for the fourth time and Taehyung pretended to think before replying, "It's Friday, what else?"

"I hate you." The girl glared at him and played with the hem of her coat as she resisted her tears from falling down. The ride to her school felt long which she loathed. As soon as they reached the destination, she quickly got out of the car, and jogged towards the brown painted building, not even turning back once to bid goodbye to her father and apparent legal mother, which was you, of course.

"So dramatic." He mumbled and his eyes were fixated on the girl, hoping for her to turn towards him. As expected, she did. Grumpily waving her hand once, she quickly retreated back and paced faster than before. He sniggered and you lightly hit his arm, "Why are you pretending to not remember her birthday?"

"I like her reactions." He cheekily smiled and he slightly stuck his tongue out, a habit of his that you've been noticing for the past few weeks, "What's our schedule, Mrs. Lee?" He faked a formal tone and you just sighed, totally done with his acting.

"I am gonna quit." Your voice was serious and his face fell, "Sorry, I was just kidding." He stated sadly and continued to drive as you smirked to yourself.

"Of course, I am done working with you Mr. Kim, you burden me with so much work, I am done with handling your schedules!"

Taehyung stopped the car and stared at you, confusion written all over. Staying in your character, you continued, "I am resigning from the position as your secretary."

Finally realizing that you were still continuing the role-play of the boss and the secretary, he chuckled and gave a 'I am on!' look and began driving again, "No, I am sorry Mrs. Lee! I won't burden you anymore, please come back to me."

"You don't pay me enough, I can't even have fun on weekend nights." You shrugged at him and played with your curly hair.

"I'll increase your paycheck, and I'll let you free on weekends, I promise!" He showed a fierce and determined face and you could tell he's a good actor.

"Why do you want me to stay so badly?"

"I don't know, maybe because I love you?" He casually responded as his eyes were on the road. You gasped at the out of the blue reply and he giggled.

"Caught you off guard?" He ruffled your hair with his free hand but you were still stunned. Your heart was beating rapidly, to the point you could hear it. That was probably the first time he actually said that he loves you and you could feel a sudden gush of a familiar feeling through your body. Feeling of happiness, an assurance that you're cared and worth living for.

But the way he continued to laugh, you were hit back to the reality, he was kidding. He didn't mean any of it. Your mood suddenly dropped, memories of you both kissing flashed your mind. He hurt you, even though it wasn't his intention. But the wounds were deep. Every time you'd wonder, if you're not good enough, not attractive enough to be loved back. Were you that bad?

"Have you watched What's wrong with Secretary Kim?", he laughed again before continuing, "The boss is in love with the secretary and stuff. It's so cheesy." He lightly cringed, "But cute too, I think." He faced you this time seeing you down again. You just hummed at his words and glanced at your phone, pretending to read articles.

Few minutes later, he parked his car near the bakery and before you could get out, he held you back, "What happened?" He was curious, "Did I say anything bad?"

You lightly shook your head, "Let's go buy the cake already." You changed the topic, but his grip just got stronger, "I am not leaving you until you tell me."

Should I tell him? What if he denies it? He will, for sure. I shouldn't mess up my mental health by confessing him and get embarrassed later on. I should just move on instead.

Your thoughts were cut off by Taehyung's request, "Y/n, please." He seemed troubled, "Did I do something wrong?"

That was the last straw. Tears of pain and frustration, flowed down your soft cheeks as he got more nervous. Stuck in the cramped space, he couldn't lean more closer because of the gear which was between the two of you. Swiftly getting out of vehicle, he walked to your side, opened the door and held his hand out. You didn't want to accept it this time. You were so done with his 'comfort session' that he probably didn't even mean. Maybe you really were a pitiful figure.

You sat stiffly, not acknowledging his presence, "Y/n get out." But you didn't respond, as you sniffled. Sighing and rubbing his temple with his fingers, he forced you to get out. He opened the door behind yours and motioned you to get in as he followed you.

There was no gap between the two of you now, he repeated his question again. "What happened?"

You didn't want to see him, the entire time your gaze was on your hands, head hung low, and your sobs which seemed unstoppable. Gently cupping your cheek with his sun-kissed hand, he rubbed your tears with his thumb, concern written all over his face. "You can always tell me Y/n, what's wrong? If I did something which hurt you, don't be scared to admit it. You know no matter what happens, I won't leave you." He reassured and you felt confident. Were you going to tell him?

"Then w-why don't you love me back?" You asked as you shut your eyes immediately, you weren't ready for another heartbreak. You regretted asking him.

Taehyung's eyes widened at the sudden question, his mind twirling with thousands of thoughts. Before he could say something, you stated, "I am sorry for asking something pathetic when I already know the answer." There was bitterness in your voice which he sensed.

You cried again, now knowing that he'd leave you, decline your feelings.

You ruined everything. I hate you Y/n, I really do. You cursed at yourself, sobbing at the same time.

Suddenly, Taehyung pulled you towards him, hugging you tightly, "Don't say that, I love you too."

A/N: i wanna cry, but i cannot :)

-Summer