제 23 회

You felt like your entire world was collapsing, you couldn't believe his words. It was too much for you to handle. You were secretly waiting for Taehyung to giggle and tell you that he was just pranking you or something. But his face remained stoic, vague of any emotions.

"W-What do you m-mean by that?" You breathed heavily, still not accepting his words.

"Miso; she's my daughter." He spoke again, only to leave you more confused. You refused to trust him again as you ran your fingers through your hair out of frustration, "She calls you oppa and all-" That's when you realized. Taehyung and Miso are nothing alike, you should've known that they weren't siblings.

Does Miso resemble her mom?

"She doesn't like calling me dad. And I am sort of too young to be called dad I guess." He scratched his neck, still in his usual calm composture.

"Fucking explain me everything Kim Taehyung!!" You were mad at him for hiding this huge fact from you for sure. It was clear by the tone of your voice, as well as when you called him by his full name. Tears brimmed down your eyes, as you still glared at him, waiting for his reply.

"Calm down-" He was about to motion for an hug but you harshly pushed him back. You felt betrayed, again.

"Stop with this fake acts and tell me already!" You shouted at him.

"Yes fuck, I adopted Miso okay? Happy now?" He spat as he turned his head to the direction opposite to you. It seemed like he didn't want to talk about the topic, something like a sensitive one.

You felt guilty for actually thinking that he had Miso with another woman while he's married to you. Taehyung still hadn't talked to you so you knew it was your mistake for overreacting. "Sorry." You quickly bowed to him but he didn't say anything.

He was probably the only person left that you could lean on, besides your mom. And you didn't want to lose him because of your stupid assumptions. You cried again, scared at the thoughts of him ignoring you forever.

You could feel someone rubbing your tears off your cheek, "Don't cry, it's okay." It was him again. He had a sad look on his face, "It's okay, I should've told you before-" You engulfed him to a bear hug as you cried on his chest. "I-I th-thought you wouldn't talk t-to me again."

He caressed your head, "Never. Stop crying, I'll buy an ice cream for you."

Lightly smacking his chest, you pulled away from the hug, "I am not a kid."

"But Miso is." He chuckled. You were about to respond but a phone call interrupted you, "Wait a second." Taehyung mumbled before walking to the other corner of the hallway as he pulled his phone from his pocket.

"Hello?" He bit his lips nervously, exactly knowing that it was his girlfriend who called him.

"Tae, it's been almost one month since we met, I am missing you a lot baby."

Taehyung gulped at her words, not knowing what to reply. To be honest, he did miss Areum too, it felt like his own heart is playing games with him. He glanced at you before speaking again, "Tomorrow, the usual spot." And he hung the call up even before the girl would say anything.

- - - - -

The next day, Taehyung left the house early but you were in no place to ask him about his whereabouts. You spent the day by checking on the documents that your mom had sent you. It felt better, it seemed like your life was getting back on track and that things were slowly getting better.

You chuckled at your own words from the previous day. How could you actually assume Miso was his child? Taehyung was just 24 and it was almost impossible for someone like Taehyung to sleep with a girl when he was thirteen years old considering the fact that Miso was eleven right now.

You wondered why and how Taehyung adopted the quirky girl. Things seemed to be more than what it actually looked like. You remembered him telling you not to talk about the whole adoption thingy in front of Miso. It must've been a blurry memory for her.

Finishing off your work in the evening, you spent your free time playing with Miso as you waited for Taehyung to arrive.

- - - -

"When are we meeting again?" Areum had her arms interwined with Taehyung's as they walked on the busy street. Taehyung on the other hand was totally uninterested, he was totally lost in a different world and that made Areum mad.

"What's wrong with you?" Her tone was louder than the usual which brought back Taehyung's attention. "Yes? What were you saying?" He scratched his neck, embarrassed. He was confused as to why he wasn't to excited to see his girlfriend after a long time whereas it was usually him being the clingy one and the one who'd initiate dates whenever he got free time.

Areum sighed as she massaged her temple, "Are you assigned with a new case? Are you pressured or something?" She asked, concerned. He shook his head and continued to walk. "It's nothing, you should go home now, it's late."

"But Tae, you drop me home all the time."

Internally smacking his head, he nervously smiled, "Oh yes, I didn't forget that."

- - - -

You and Miso were in the living room, playing board games while waiting for your husband to arrive, but Taehee had to ruin the mood. She stomped out of the room, with a grumpy look on her face. She fell on the couch roughly, glancing towards the front door. It seemed like she was waiting for someone's arrival too.

Miso was about to speak something but you didn't want new arguments in the household, so you pulled her by the waist and made her sit on your lap before mouthing her to stop from doing anything. Crossing her arms with a pout on her tiny face, she huffed and started playing on your phone and you sighed in relief.

As if on cue, Taehyung entered and Taehee was the first one to walk up to him. For a better competition, Miso ran towards him and indeed reached him for a hug which he did accept and kissed her rosy cheek. Confusion was written all over Taehyung's face as he noticed Taehee waiting for him for the first time in many months.

"What is it?" He asked as he picked Miso on his arms.

"Oppa, I wanted some money you see. I am going out-"

"I already gave you enough money last week though." Taehyung debated and his sister was dumbfounded, not finding words.

"Uh, I spent that already, now give it already. It's gonna rot in the bank anyways."

You internally shook your head at her attitude. Despite her being the one who's begging for money, she had to act rude on top of it. You were quite surprised at the contrasting personalities of Taehee and Taehyung.

"You always spend a lot of money for useless things Taehee. I am not gonna spoil you more, you're getting your pocket money next week and that's final." He declared and walked up to you. "I'll go shower and then we can have dinner." He smiled at you and that made your mood even better than how it was. You nodded at him as he walked upstairs, whilst you were still smiling like an idiot.

The mere sight made Taehee burn up. She gave you a dirty look that you couldn't avoid. Her burning gaze made you finally have an eye contact with her, which you of course, regretted the next second.

"You lured him, didn't you? I knew you were a slut anyways. Running behind committed men." She scowled and left you confused.

Slut? Committed man?