제 13 회

Jimin had a normal life. Loving parents, a small, but cosy enough house to live in.

He was raised in Busan and spent most of his childhood there. He attended an arts school and had many friends. He was quite popular in his school, he was even the class president. A dedicated dancer always scoring A's in his school subjects.

Many girls had confessed their love to him. Whenever he'd open his locker, it would be filled with love letters and chocolates. A smile would always form on his face when he'd see how girls loved him, but he never accepted any girl or date them.

He was polite and kind, he didn't want to lose that reputation.

It was a normal sunny day, and Jimin hopped to his home. He was holding his report card, too excited to show it to his parents. The raven haired male even skipped his hangout with his friends so that he could reach home faster.

He gently knocked the door but soon realised that the door was open. He quietly entered his house and slipped his shoes off and placed them neatly on the corner.

"Eomm--"

"Honey, try to understand!"

"Don't fucking expect me to understand! I told you not to invest money in that business. What happened? You got scammed!!" His mother's voice was so loud that even the neighbours could hear it.

Jimin heaved a frustrated sigh, it had become normal by now. They were under debt for two years and his dad had been trying to collect money but was unsuccessful. His mother had given up patience by now and they'd always end up arguing.

The family dinner wasn't peaceful as before, they stopped going shopping together. Heck, they didn't have much money to even buy groceries , buying costly meat was only when they had guests over or during special occasions.

Jimin decided to leave the report card on the table in the living room and headed towards his room to prepare notes for his school. He decided that he'd manage to get a scholarship so that it would at least help his parents in paying the debt.

- - - - -

"Jimin! Come here quickly!" The boy realised that his mother was angry so he rushed downstairs carefully.

"What is it Eomma?"

"You got a 2*?"

[*In Korean education system, A+=1, A=2 and so on]

"It's just one subject, I'll try to get 1 in everything next time, I promise!"

Slap.

The fingerprints on Jimin's left cheek was stinging red and he tried not to cry in front of his parents.

"Honey-"

"Stop this!" She cut of her husband harshly, "Don't you know that our financial status is not very good? Didn't I tell you to get a scholarship?"

Jimin slowly nods as his head hung low with guilt.

'I should've studied harder.'

"Now, instead of standing quietly you can go and study."

"O-Okay..." His voice cracked as he painfully made his way to his room. As soon as he entered his comfort zone, he locked the door and let all the tears out.

He had been so happy, he loved his life. But now, it's the opposite.

He hated his life, he slowly started hating his parents.