제 31 회

Namjoon was walking towards his office, a cup of coffee wrapped around his veiny hand, the aroma of the crushed coffee beans filling his nostrils as a subconscious smile formed in his face. Opening the door to his office, his eyebrows furrowed when he caught one of his juniors busily skimming through the files which were once neatly placed on his table.

The surprised male, Kim Sewon, gulped as he dropped the file which was in his hands. Even before Namjoon could ask anything, Sewon bowed and hurriedly left the place making Namjoon more confused. Walking closer, he realized that few of the papers which contained information about the recent human trafficking case had been torn out. He wanted to get rid of the evidence? But why?

Stridding on the familiar white marbled hallways, Taehyung tiredly opened the door to your ward, his gaze fixated on the floor because he knew the moment he'd look in you in the eyes, he'd have a breakdown. He pretty much knew that you didn't want unnecessary drama before filing the divorce, so he shut himself up. He looked around to search for Yoongi, but he wasn't there.

Lifting his head up, Taehyung was met with an empty bed. Ah, they must've gone out for a walk or something. The man assumed before placing the suitcase near the stand and dropped on the couch and let out a tired sigh. Out of nowhere, tears started falling down his cheeks, and he couldn't stop himself him from crying. He couldn't keep his pain inside any longer.

Bending down and covering his face with his huge hands, endless sobs escaped his lips as his legs shivered, feeling lonely at his vulnerable moment. He had no one beside him to comfort him at his hard time, and that pained him more. His cries echoed through the empty room, as negative thoughts surrounded his mind. "Why did you leave me grandma? I want to c-come to you, soon. I don't want to stay here, being alone, it's scar-scaring me." He looked up as he spoke, hoping his grandmother would hear his pleas, and as expected, there was no reply to his words. And at that thought, he smiled. But it was a sad one. A smile that clearly showed how broken he was.

A ding on his phone alerted him, and sure, it was a message from Namjoon regarding their investigation. After texting back a quick reply, he pressed the off button on his phone, which now showed his own reflection on the black screen. His eyes were bloodshot, hairs messy. In short, he looked pathetic.

"Heck, I should wash my face before hyung and Y/n come back." He spoke to no one in particular as he got up. And as if on cue, the door opened which startled Taehyung and he turned his body to the opposite direction, hoping that you didn't see his face. "You're b-back." He spoke as he slowly made his way to the bathroom, his body still not facing you. As he was about to reach the door knob, you held his wrist, making him look at you in shock. "Y/n I-"

You cut him off with a tight hug which astonished him, but it didn't take him long enough to hug you back and pulling you closer, leaving absolutely no gap between your bodies. He caressed your back gently, embracing the warmth but a sudden thought flashed on his mind which made him sad again. "Is this a good bye hug?"

You pulled back from the hug and stared at his glassy eyes, beads of pearls already forming in his orbs, ready to stream down anytime soon. The sight made you weak, that too when you were clearly aware of the fact that you were the cause for his current state. You didn't speak anything, instead leaned in and softly kissed his cheek before hugging him again. "I'm sorry, I was so immature. I'll never leave you." You confessed.

Meanwhile Taehyung still couldn't believe your words. What if he was daydreaming? He didn't want to face the harsh reality. Is it perhaps hallucination? He thought as he pinched his hand, which indeed hurt. "For real?" He asked again, his eyes shining in hope. You wiped off his tears with your thumb before nodding.

"Thank you so much! I'll never hide anything from you from now, I promise." He voiced, "And yeah, I broke up with Areum." His voice got lower, cautious as to how you'd respond.

"I found out." You replied, "Did you tell her everything?" You asked, referring to yours and Taehyung's marriage and he lightly shook his head, "She broke it off without me explaining."

"I made a mistake, sorry." Areum fidgeted with her fingers as Taehyung tilted his head in confusion. "What are you saying?"

"I-uh, the other night I called you multiple times and..."

"And?" Taehyung asked curiosity building up in him every second.

"I was really drunk and...and since you didn't pick up, I called Changsun." She finally confessed, the tension in the air increasing. Changsun was he ex. They both had to break up since he left abroad for further studies.

"I thought he was in London?" Taehyung remembered Areum telling about him. "I thought so too, but when he picked the call he told me he was back to Korea and things escalated."

"As in?" Taehyung crossed his arms. Areum's cheeks and ears turned beet red out of embarrassment, she didn't know how to tell him. Rising her head up, she was met with his cold gaze which made her more terrified, "I s-slept with him, I'm so so sorry." She was crying by now.

Taehyung sighed, not knowing to respond to her, "Do you regret it?"

"Huh?" Areum was taken aback by his unexpected question, and after a stretch of time, she finally answered, "No...but-"

"That means you still love him, don't you?" The girl nodded at his statement. "Good for you, you deserved better anyways." Taehyung patted her shoulder, "I hope he treats you much better, we'll still be in contact okay?"

Areum heaved a breath of relief, "It feels better after telling you Tae, thanks for understanding." The female paused before talking again, "And Y/n who used to live with you in Daegu, is she Lee Y/n, the owner of-"

"Yeah, the heir of Lee Corporation." He replied, "Please don't disclose about this to anyone." Taehyung requested and she agreed.

"You've got a beautiful wife." She complimented, "Don't leave her too."

"But how did you know-"

"You should've at least removed your ring when you met me a month ago." She smiled cheekily, "I knew you were married, and that hurt me. But I guess everything happens for good. I'm back with Changsun and I feel much better. Hope it's the same with you and Y/n."

"Thanks." Only Taehyung knew how his relationship with you was breaking apart.

As days passed, your condition got better and Taehyung decided to tell you about you not getting pregnant. He was scared knowing you'll be hurt by the news but he had also promised not to hide everything from you.

As expected, you didn't take the news very well. You kept crying the entire day, blaming yourself and telling Taehyung to find another woman for himself. But Taehyung didn't listen to any of them, he just stayed by your side, supporting you all time, telling you that something better would happen.

"Besides, we already have Miso, don't we?" He rubbed your tears once again, "We'll be alright, don't worry."

"But you loved kids so much, I feel so pathetic-"

"But I love you more, do you get that?" He kissed your lips to shut you up, "Look, the sky is so clear today, let's go for a walk."