제 19 회

The next day, as Taehyung had promised, told you to get ready and told you to pack up an extra pair of clothes and pajamas too. Confused, you still did it and packed Taehyung's clothes too.

"Ah, you didn't have to do that." He blushed as he entered his room to find you folding his clothes.

"It's okay, I was bored anyway. But where are we going?"

"You'll know."

For some reason, Taehee had joined you both and was driving the car. Questioning her presence would be too rude so you decided to shut your mouth. You hoped that you'd be going to the hospital first, but the location at which Taehee stopped the car was a railway station.

"Get down." Taehyung motioned and he followed you. "I'll call you when we're back, you'll pick us up, right?" The girl glared at you before nodding and driving back to the direction where you came from.

"Ta-da!" He pulled out two train tickets and you were still oblivious to his actions. "Don't you like it?" He asked when he saw the blank look on your face.

You shook your head, "It's not that, I-" You didn't know how to express your confusion.

"I thought a train ride would be better than a plane, watching nature can calm your mindset."

"Thank you, you didn't have to join me though."

"Don't say that," He pulled you along with him and entered the busy station, "I'll never leave you alone." You didn't know why, but your heart skipped a beat at his words, he was being too kind and sweet. Your cheeks were a bright red color now.

"Are you cold?" He took off his muffler and put it around your neck, it was really warm. Was it the cloth or his body which was warm, you couldn't really say.

"We're going to Seoul, you probably must be missing your mother. We'll stay there for today if you're okay with it."

"Thank you."

He chuckled at your response. The way his eyes crinkled and the way his boxy smile would appear, you wouldn't miss those tiny details. After placing the luggage bag on the top counter, he made you sit near the window and took the seat next to you.

"You'll never thank me again, it's my responsibility."

Taehyung was absolutely right. As the train passed many places, the cool breeze and the trees somehow calmed your racing mind. You forgot all your worries at least for a short period of time. You felt something heavy on your right shoulder and when you turned, it was Taehyung's head which was on your shoulder. Assuming he was asleep, you let him lean on you. He has saved you so many times and you owe him at least this much.

Moments later, he made himself comfortable in the crook of your neck. It was moments like these when you wondered how such a strong figure such as Taehyung could be so vulnerable. You looked down at his soft hair, wondering what kind of shampoo he used. It smelled good, like a mixture between strawberry and vanilla. You wanted to ruffle his hair so badly. He couldn't notice if I did it while he slept, right?

You softly ran your fingers through his hair and gave it a little ruffle, hoping he wouldn't wake up. His eyes remained shut so you sighed in relief. "So soft.." You whispered to yourself and he immediately lifted his head off your shoulder and opened his eyes to stare at you. You shrieked quietly, shocked that he was just 'pretending' to sleep. "Y-You weren't actually sleeping?"

Taehyung smiled at you, fixing his hair with one hand. You chuckled, noticing that he actually made his hair even messier than it was before. "You know, when we go back to my house, I'll let you borrow my shampoo. It's nothing too special. Just some weird brand my mom bought for me when I was little and I've just been using it ever since." He answered as if he was reading your mind about your shampoo queries.

You quietly nodded looking at him for a brief moment and then looking down at your hands. "You can sleep you know." You reassured him, patting on your shoulder for him to lay down again. "I won't wake you up again like that. And I'll call you when we get to Seoul." Taehyung took your invitation to rest his head on your shoulder again, making himself comfortable. To tell the truth, you actually thought he felt warm when his head was resting on you but when he took it off, it was as if this newfound warmth was robbed from you.

"I'm not that tired.." Taehyung muttered groggily. "How long do you wanna stay in Seoul? We can stay as long as you want." He spoke in almost a whisper. "One day is fine." You replied. "We can see my mom and make sure she's alright and then head back."

"Are you sure?" He asked again. "We can stay for longer." You shook your head. What would you do there? You don't have anyone to see besides your mom. Seoul wasn't exactly a tourist spot for you anymore since you lived there your whole life.

As much as you wanted to stay awake, you ended up sleeping as well and your head leaned onto Taehyung's. It felt like you were woken up the next minute because you really hadn't gotten a good sleep for the past few weeks since the incident.

"I am sorry for waking you up, but we're in Seoul, I assumed this is your stop?" An old woman in her sixties smiled at you. You remember her as the one who was seated in front of your seat. Bowing at her as a thank you, you shook Taehyung and he quickly opened his eye.

"Are we here yet?"