제 21 회

2nd POV

Taehyung was more than surprised at your sudden confidence as you pecked his lips. Not even a second later, you proceeded to kiss him. He was taken aback but at that moment, he was lost in the kiss too. His muscular arms wrapped around your waist and pulled you closer to his figure. He tilted his head to kiss you back deeply and you enjoyed it too. Your slender fingers ran through his dyed brown hair smoothly and continued to connect your lips with his.

Sudden realization hit Taehyung as he pulled away from the kiss. Regret slowly filling in, he stepped backwards as he bit his lips nervously. He didn't dare to lift his head an eye contact with you. He was ashamed of his own actions. It really was wrong of him to kiss another woman when he had a girlfriend. "Sorry." He finally let it out of his mouth.

However those words broke your heart. It made you feel even more bad. Were you not good enough? Were you hard to love? Questions like those ran through your already shattered mindset and you didn't know how to react.

Should I tell him sorry too? That it was my fault, that I kissed him? That I am developing feelings towards him?

"I-It's o-okay, I am sorry too." You stuttered and immediately walked out, you didn't want to talk about it anymore.

- - -

Finishing up with the therapist as quick as possible, you both finally reached your home and your mom was already waiting for your arrival. "My son-in-law wasn't lying then." She hugged your petite figure before proceeding to do the same to Taehyung and he returned it kindly.

"I don't lie mom." He assured her with a classy smile. The woman hummed as he pat your shoulder, "You look better now."

Better? How bad was I before?

You were reminded of your own reflection in the washroom few hours ago and if that was what your mom told to be better, you couldn't imagine your state before that. You just nervously smiled and motioned Taehyung to go to your room.

At least for your mom, you both looked like a happy couple, you couldn't shove your now-husband to the guest room and make her sad and disappointed. You had already hurt her enough.

You didn't want to tell her that Taehyung and you were just friends, she'd probably be more guilty for getting you married to him. All she wanted was your happiness and it was her fear and love that made her decide to get you married to the handsome detective.

You had never seen your mother more happy than when she was today, she really did love the idea of seeing her daughter and her husband happy together. To keep her happiness, you both acted well too.

During lunch and dinner time Taehyung fed you some food as your mom fangirled which made you more shy than you already were. But the reality was, everything was just fake.

The affection, the care, the love. At this point you believed that he's with you because he pities you. You were a pitiful figure anyways.

"And also Y/n-ie, I don't think I can run the business on my own anymore, if you're okay with it, can you help me with-"

"Sure mom." You agreed as you ate spoonful of rice. You'd do anything to distance away from Taehyung. Developing more feelings for him would put you in an even worse state than you already were. It'd be a huge pain in the heart if he didn't accept your feelings and make you feel loved, it's better to reject your feelings towards him. Destroy them from the roots before they'd bloom and hurt you more.

"That'd be nice then! You can work from Daegu most of the time unless we have important meetings, I'll send you the files through my secretary to get you back in track.." And she kept on talking for twenty more minutes and you had to stop her before she'd get exhausted.

"I ain't a baby mom, go sleep now." You laughed and she just smiled in return, it was one of the rarest, genuine smiles she had given to you, not the reassuring ones she used to give you. Tucking her off to bed, you strided back your own bedroom.

Taehyung had made himself comfortable and was sitting on the left side of the bed as he was going through some files carefully. He wore his glasses which made him look even more smarter. It was in a few moments that you realized that you were checking him out. Hitting yourself mentally, you walked to the other side, hoping that he didn't notice you.

And that's what he exactly did. "You're here." He smiled as he closed the file and placed it on the table and turned to your direction. It was at these moments that you couldn't help but smile back for his kind nature and fall for him more. Realizing again, you changed your smiling face to a poker one again and hummed in response.

"Are you tired or something? You look unwell." He asked as he tilted his head. He acted as if you both didn't kiss in the morning.

"Doesn't matter to you." You replied as you lied on the other edge of the bed and covered yourself with a blanket. Taehyung sure was hurt by your sudden rudeness but didn't choose to confront about it as he slept on his side of the bed.

- - -

It was around 3 AM when you woke up again, sweating, the nightmares making you suffer from sleepless nights. Clutching your hair in frustration, you cried again, as your body shivered out of fear. In this nightmare, you lost your mother and Taehyung too, Jimin came back and reminded your worth as he stabbed you. Your sobs didn't go unnoticed by Taehyung and he got up almost immediately, worried.

Switching the lamp on, he reached for your figure and hugged you, "Hey, it's okay." He rubbed your back. This had become a routine for him, to comfort you. "I-I am sor-sorry again." You replied, guilty about how harsh you were to him for the past few hours. Even after that, he took care of you, you hugged him and apologized again and again.

He pulled you back from the hug and tucked your hair strands behind your ear and made you look at him. "I told you it's okay." He smiled as he patted your head gently, "Now let's get you to sleep hmm?" His eyes asked for a reply and you nodded weakly.

Bringing your head close to his chest, he shifted to a more comfortable position this time. The gap that you both had created before going to sleep was now gone.

Taehyung began singing and you were surprised as to how angelic he sounded when he sang. His hand was rubbing your back gently and the warmth of his body made you fall asleep quicker than you had expected. You didn't have a nightmare again.

The next morning, when your mom walked in to give your usual coffee, she was both surprised and happy to see the young couple cuddled up together. Getting shy from what she was witnessing, she placed the beverage on the table and left quietly.

- - -

Reaching back to Daegu by evening you both were in good terms now, you just had to avoid your romantic feelings. You were convinced at this point that you couldn't live without him. If he hadn't helped you out last night, you would've been a walking corpse again.

Entering your shared room with Miso you found her sitting on her bed, arms crossed with a evident frown on her face. Setting your bags down, you walked to her and bent down to her level but she turned her face to the opposite side and huffed.

"What did I do now Miso?" You tilted your head, hoping to get an answer from her. You had to repeat the same question few times before she decided to reply.

"You didn't tell me you were married."

\