XIV

Amanda Carter walked in the next morning to wake them up to get up for the day it was about 10am and she gave them a bit of a sleep in. To her surprise Peggy lay her head on Steve's chest with his arm wrapped arm around her back caressing her arm gently. Steve was already awake and when he saw the door start to open he pulled the covers over them securely. Amanda smiled gently "good morning is she awake yet?" Amanda said with a quiet morning voice. Steve shook his head smiling down at Peggy who was still snuggled into her chest "peg" he said gently as he caressed her hair pushing it gently out of her face. She slowly opened her eyes and smiled up at steve "hello darling" she said sweetly. Amanda chuckled and walked over to check on Evelyn "breakfast has just been popped on the table so I would hurry up and get down before it gets cold she said with a smile leaving to downstairs.

Peggy pecked Steve's lips getting out of bed slowly wrapping herself in her robe. "Last night was amazing" she said with a smile, Steve smiled too getting up putting a pair of pants on and a singlet "that was my first time" he said gently picking up Evie and holding her to his chest. Peggy looked at him shocked "no that couldn't have been" Peggy walked up to him looking in his eyes. Steve chuckled placing his hand on her cheek nodding "it was" she was so confused, he was so good.

————————
"Sir I don't understand at this time period and with me and Agent Carter's experience with children I don't understand how you want us to be full time careers of the child. I value my job and so does Peggy and we are not in the right mind now to be parents." Phillips sighed over the phone "Rogers I don't give a damn what you and Carter want you are treating that baby as your own staying in London and protecting the child with your life so you understand the words coming out of my mouth, and that is an order Captain!" Steve sighed running his hand through his hair "yes sir". Colonel smiled "good your pay checks with and extra 100,000 dollars will be sent to you two to get you started with starting your life and taking care of the child" and with that he hung up.

Peggy walked out of the kitchen bouncing Evie gently in her arms "you seem cranky, who was that?"
Steve leaned against the wall and smiles softly "Phillips called and gave us instructions... to guard her with our life and raise her as our own in London..." he said sadly Peggy's face dropped "you can be serious he- your captain America sadly I understand why he would give me that responsibility but you?" Steve sighed and hugged her gently "we have to take his orders Peggy we both know that I do truely love the girl but we have to do it" Steve tilted her chin up and kissed her softly. "He's giving us our last pay checks with an extra 100,000 to try and move somewhere" he said gently, stroking her cheek.