XV

"That mans mad I swear" Peggy said putting a pack of nappies into the trolly whilst Steve nursed Evie. Peggy had been mad all day she loved caring for the child but not putting either of them on any more missions was absolutely stupid. "Peg just calm down we will work it out" he said softly, Peggy looked up at him "we will not work it out, what if we stop loving each other what's gonna happen to the child Yes just give her to me I will take care of her because I'm a woman arent I?" She said sarcastically throwing a bag of formula into trolly Steve was pushing. Steve pulled Peggy close to his chest whispering at a tone no one else would hear "I would marry you here and now Peggy but we are in the middle of the war, I'm with you till the end of the line" Peggy blushed as steve brought her lips up to kiss him softly. "Now what other supplies Do we need?" He said with a smile.

———————————————————————————
They got home later walking up to their room putting Evie in her crib and packing her new stuff away as Peggy collapsed onto the bed.

"Sometimes I question my existence and that time is now" Peggy said hugging her pillow. Steve came up behind her hugging her from behind pressing a kiss to her neck. "Don't say that you will be okay I'm here for you peg" Steve said running his hand over her waist moving to gently rest on her belly. Peggy smiles softly living the feeling of his hand on her waist. Steve kissed he neck again whispering softly in her ear "I love you Margaret Carter"

Peggy melted turning around to face him smiling "I love you too Steve Rogers" she brought his face closer to hers and kissed him softly. Seconds passed of soft kisses and sweet nothings whispered in each other's ears when Evelyn started crying loudly. Peggy groaned getting up walking to her crib picking her up and swaying her gently trying to get her back to sleep. "How long was that like five minutes" Peggy said annoyed. Steve nodded, getting up taking the baby in his arms and rocking her back to sleep. Peggy leaned against the wall running her hands through her hair as Steve hugged her gently "are you okay? Do you wanna ask your mum is she can mind evie for a bit and we can go for a walk?" Peggy nodded melting into him laying her head on his chest.